Claiming on a Business account? Lets join forces?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would suggest that you just write a new LBA stating something along the lines of "....having reconsidered my claim total, I am now submitting an amended Letter before action".

Then give them a further 14 days. A new prelim should be unnecessary, as this course should suffice as being seen to be reasonable enough.

Wait your 14 days, then submit your N1 with the new figure.

Usual proviso's about my laymans standing, so maybe get a couple of views if unsure.

i agree with PM if it helps any.

Its more or less what i did with my 1st abbey claim.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everone,

I currently run a couple of small busnesses which i am going to claim back charges, However it is an old limited company i want to ask about.

The company was run by my wife & i as a limited company, in 2002 we were in financial troubles ( i had been in hospital for operation) and decided to close the business as we had no money to pay the creditors etc and no work coming in to keep the factory & staff etc.

We approached our bank HSBC and told manager about this and our intention to start again ( fortunatley we didnt owe the bank much) just the 2 of us with a couple of staff and our small retail unit, the bank happily agreed to set up a new business account in our partnership names and closed the LTD company bank account, We effectivley ceased trading as a limited company but were never wound up or put into receivership as there was no equity to take out of the business to pay any creditors, and those debts were just left ( We did pay off some of them out of our pocket over next couple years so we could still trade with them ).

Can we claim back charges relating to the Ltd company, as a lot of the charges helped to take us into that position.

Any help would be appreciated

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Too right you can, and should I did for my account on a business I closed down last year and recieved a cheque after LBA stage. Not a big cheque, I grant you (I think if it's a large amount they'll make you go further down the line to get your money), but don't be put off read as much as you can here before starting, this site has everything you need and a sense of humour!.

GOOD LUCK

BJ

:):):)

Thanks BJ,

its just that i thought i had read somewhere that you couldnt claim on closed LTD company accounts, maybe that was if they had been wound up or something

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Hi All,

We have been claiming on a Lloyds TSB business account and received an offer from SC&M to settle in full last Friday, woo-hoo! BUT, Lloyds TSB have made a mistake and as a result, they have withdrawn their offer for the time being, saying it should have been dealt with by another law firm as it is a business account, not personal. We have been told that our papers are being transferred to a company called 'Foot Anstey' who should receive them by Friday. We only noticed the problem when the offer letter said that our personal account would be credited. We didn't want to sign an acceptance letter with our personal account details on in case it jeopardised the claim we also have running regarding that account. I just wondered what you guys thought about this situation? Our Allocation Questionnaire and all previous correspondence clearly showed our business account number, we are mystified.

Many thanks in advance for your input,

Tina & Alan :)

Tina and Alan

Hi All,

We have been claiming on a Lloyds TSB business account and received an offer from SC&M to settle in full last Friday, woo-hoo! BUT, Lloyds TSB have made a mistake and as a result, they have withdrawn their offer for the time being, saying it should have been dealt with by another law firm as it is a business account, not personal. We have been told that our papers are being transferred to a company called 'Foot Anstey' who should receive them by Friday. We only noticed the problem when the offer letter said that our personal account would be credited. We didn't want to sign an acceptance letter with our personal account details on in case it jeopardised the claim we also have running regarding that account. I just wondered what you guys thought about this situation? Our Allocation Questionnaire and all previous correspondence clearly showed our business account number, we are mystified.

Many thanks in advance for your input,

Tina & Alan :)

In my opinion.

Your action is against lloyds..... not SC&m or Foot and Mouth or whoever. If lloyds fail to folow through with their promise,then just continue with your course of action, its their bureacratic problem , not yours !!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Hi All

I am just about to send a prelim letter to Barclays on our Ltd business account for £4351. I will start a thread in Barclays so you can all follow.

Has anyone claimed the compound interest (29.5%) on a business account ??? The compound interest on my claim would be £1400.

Regards

Danler

Foot and Mouth I can't stop laughing.

I have been paid by HSBC for a closed business account. company not wound up voluntary cesation. Awaiting offer from Natwest Bus. Acc. on similar action. HSBC only for £240.00 but it's the principle that counts. Natwest have only declared they are looking into it and I'm/was just about to issue Court proceedings, when only yetserday I got two offers on personal NW Acc.'s out of the blue so I'm giving them a day or so grace to make me an offer on the Business Acc. it's (All have passed LBA stage).

SO.... Claim away. by teh way HSBC sent personal cheque to me as director.

Who knows!!!!

BJ

:):)

Just recieved notification that my claim is deemed as served.

lloyds have until May 4th to file response.

BRING IT ON !!!!!:D

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Just recieved notification that my claim is deemed as served.

lloyds have until May 4th to file response.

BRING IT ON !!!!!:D

I cant understand what all the excitement is myself!!! ROFL.

I would like to be a fly on the wall when they deal with it though?

Good luck,

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

BOUT TO SEND OFF MY dpa for my 2 business accounts and one private my companies r ltd will they send me my statements had bit of problem with my accountant and havent got my old statements. also gonna reclaim charges from my old business account at rbos been closed for over two years is it still possible and can any one give me some tips thanks

Im sure Lloyds are delaying i sent the LBA letter nearly two weeks ago and have recieve the sorry your not happy letter .They have also sent it to Mr and iam Mrs do i just carry on to money claim or do i send another letter ?:confused:

Im sure Lloyds are delaying i sent the LBA letter nearly two weeks ago and have recieve the sorry your not happy letter .They have also sent it to Mr and iam Mrs do i just carry on to money claim or do i send another letter ?:confused:

Of course they are stalling.

You have given them fair warning.

Proceed to Court claim stage.

Personally, I think N1 filed at a court is better than MCOL, as it allows for more details on your POC, so use that if you can ?

IM going to sound really silly now but what is a N1 and where on this site do i learn more about it .ive read and read different sections for weeks but never seem to get to the parrt i want.l

This gives you a comparison of the two methods, either using online (MCOL) or using a claim form at a court (N1).

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/helpful-external-links/919-moneyclaim-hardcopy-claim-compared.html

The templates you need are here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Better still, you can get a pack that gives you all the forms you need on CD to print out yourself.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=39&a=26

This is also a very good book to get, it tells you all you need to know, and gives you step by step instructions.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=39&a=35

You could also visit your local court and pick up an N1 form to fill in.

They are very friendly, and will tell you what you need and give you the document to fill in (it's only a double sided document)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/helpful-external-links/13-courts-service-information-links.html

Have you read the Frequently asked questions and step by step guide?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

IF NOT, THEN DO !!!!!!!

good luck

Hi guys!

Fab idea i already feel more confident in taking this on. Ive successfully done my personal account and now its the business:grin: . Great to see im not in this on my own this is a case of many heads being better than one. i,ll keep you posted, claiming on a ltd company account against RBOS.

Hi

I'm claiming on a Lloyds business account. (I'm self employed and Lloyds told me a few years ago I'd need a business account) I have been quoting the UCTA 1977 which they have now pointed out to me does not apply. I am at the stage of placing a claim through court, does it matter that I've used the wrong quotes? Also does anyone know if Lloyds tend to close business accounts once settled. I've opened a parachute account but I can't get a cheque book due to my poor credit rating. I sometimes have no choice but to use cheques so this will make things awkward for me.

Any help will be appreciated.

Dorisfluffy

Hi Dorisfluffy. The banks tell you that you need a business account but that is because they can get away with charging more on a business account. If you have probs opening business account with another bank, you could use a personal account to send cheques. the banks dont like it ( they miss charging you business rate ) and eventually they may recommend you open a business account ( it will depend on how many cheques you send as to whether they get suspicious about it) as well as running personal account, even then you could always then change personal account to another bank until they do same.

One other thing you can do is to get the bank account details of the people you need to pay and pay cash/cheque straight into their bank account :-) (usually free if done at the same bank) just means a trip out.

• Haha 1

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Hi

I'm claiming on a Lloyds business account. (I'm self employed and Lloyds told me a few years ago I'd need a business account) I have been quoting the UCTA 1977 which they have now pointed out to me does not apply. I am at the stage of placing a claim through court, does it matter that I've used the wrong quotes? Also does anyone know if Lloyds tend to close business accounts once settled. I've opened a parachute account but I can't get a cheque book due to my poor credit rating. I sometimes have no choice but to use cheques so this will make things awkward for me.

Any help will be appreciated.

Dorisfluffy

I'd be interested to find out which fresh faced solicitor at lloyds co thinks you cant' use UCTA 1977?

Nowhere in the act does it specifically mention it applies to consumer law only. They are talking out of their butts. Ask them to quantify this statement, and relay the passages that state it does not apply to business'..... I think you'll recieve back a blank piece of paper !!

Call their bluff.

• Haha 1

Just about to send off prelim to hsbc to claim charges from 23/11/99 - 21/5/01. £3726.00 the account no was changed in Jan 2001. should i make a separate claim for each account number. My trading name is still the same.

Just about to send off prelim to hsbc to claim charges from 23/11/99 - 21/5/01. £3726.00 the account no was changed in Jan 2001. should i make a separate claim for each account number. My trading name is still the same.

Did you sign a new contract when the account number changed?

You might find that the terms and conditions changed possibly?

In any case, myself, to be on the safe side, and to not give them any scope to contest, I would submit claims for each account number.

Remember, it is charges aginst an account that you are claiming, not charges against a person or company.