• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Claiming on a Business account? Lets join forces?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone just posted my court claim today for repayment of £1470 plus £400 interest which the BOS debited to my business account. They have refused point blank to repay me and claimed that I was making personal claim from a business account and business accounts were not included in the recent changes in consumer regulations. I was carefull not to call myself a consumer and am trading as a soletrader and dont hold a personal account with them. Then they resorted to dirty tricks, reducing my overdraft from £2000 to £600 without informing me and returning my DD, they then insulted me ( by stating in their letter to me after i called and complained about my overdraft )that the bank was concerned because I had a £2000 overdraft with them, I wrote back and stated that I was most insulted by their comments as I have an impeccable credit history and they were implying that I was going to run off with their 2 grand. Paid off my overdraft so owe them nothing. They are now ignoring any letters ive sent so my claim has been posted today, ive claimed jurisdiction for the claim to be heard in my local co court, dont want to travel to Scotland, will post when I have any news...GC

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

H Groovy,

It would be a good idea for you to open a thread with your claim details. Then you can tell all of us, step by step of your case. It will be far more informative.:roll:

Halifax - £245 - SETTLED - in full

MBNA Business - £190 - SETTLED - in full

HSBC - Closed business a/c - £1,850 - SETTLED IN FULL

HSBC - Business a/c - £4,388 - SETTLED FOR £4,100

Nat West Card - SETTLE IN FULL - £124.71

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL 26th May 2007

Egg - 1st LBA 12th May 2007

Are you a business customer, let's join forces subscribe to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-6.html#post646109

hi happy

thanks for the advice, i have also been posting on other forums relating to business accounts and have just found this 1 tonight . I have another business account ive just done my spread sheet for over 10 years ago with the uncooperative but havent sent it in yet. wrote to them 1 last time today giving them 7 days to reply (they are ignoring my letters now). found photomans posts very informative as it relates to the limitation act. And to be honest I dont realy know how to start my own thread although I have in the past I think it was by pure mistake, I think I just join every one elses so thought i would join forces with this one.. hope I have'nt highjacked someone elses thread...GC

hi happy

thanks for the advice, i have also been posting on other forums relating to business accounts and have just found this 1 tonight . I have another business account ive just done my spread sheet for over 10 years ago with the uncooperative but havent sent it in yet. wrote to them 1 last time today giving them 7 days to reply (they are ignoring my letters now). found photomans posts very informative as it relates to the limitation act. And to be honest I dont realy know how to start my own thread although I have in the past I think it was by pure mistake, I think I just join every one elses so thought i would join forces with this one.. hope I have'nt highjacked someone elses thread...GC

Your welcome here to get advice !!

You will however get more specific advice to your own case, and be able to keep a track of how it's going by viewing just one thread instead of skirting around lots of pthreads trying to find your posts and answers.

1/ Go here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-action-group-against/

2/ Find your Bank, click on the bold blue name of Bank

3/ Go to the bit that says "Forum tools" and click on it.

4/ Click Subscribe to Forum. It will ask you how often you want to recieve updates ( daily I found is best)

5/ Then it will redirect you once you've subscribed.

6/ then click on "Forum tools" again, and choose "Post new thread"

7/ Give your thread a title eg: "groovycaz vs whatever bank", and then make a post.

8/ Then go to the bit at the top of your browser ( the bit that says http etc), and right click your mouse, choose copy, then come back here and post a new reply, and right click you mouse and choose paste to put a link to your thread in there.

9 Then hopefully people will visit and psot/subscribe etc.

Let me know if this works ??

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

i have sent prelim and LBA to a few banks i had business accounts with over the years (sole trader) and so far they have completely ignored my letters.

is this because they treat sole trader business accounts different to consumer accounts and know that i will have to work harder to get a refund?

the accounts were my name T/A business name.

i have sent prelim and LBA to a few banks i had business accounts with over the years (sole trader) and so far they have completely ignored my letters.

is this because they treat sole trader business accounts different to consumer accounts and know that i will have to work harder to get a refund?

the accounts were my name T/A business name.

There are no differences in the course of action you should take regards these accounts. They probably just think that people with Business accounts are more scared of retaliatory action from Banks, as they rely on the Banks goodwill/overdrafts more than consumers, and so just let their actions fizzle out.

If they do take any actions by the way, there are plenty of links on site to templates to advise you of your rights, and kick them back into order.

Regards yourself....They have had fair warning. Just file your court claims.......and see if they continue to ignore you then !!!

Only difference really is with some of the particulars that you do and don't put on you particulars of claim. There are plenty of links and threads to help you with these on this site (some are on earlier posts on this thread).

keep us posted !!

• Haha 1

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Tifo, as Photoman has just said there aren't really many differences. Have sent Prelim and LBA for both my sole trader and personal account with no response from Lloyds except we will let you know at our convenience etc.

Have today sent off N1 for sole trader account (look at the "Business Claims - Basic Guide) for filling out the POC - you cannot include references to CCR etc, but everything you need is there! Shout if you need help. Debs:p

thanks.

the account closed in 2002 so there are no retaliatory actions they can take anyway. It had £144 outstanding which they wrote off (as they themselves closed the account) but i am asking for £924 back.

i have been trying to call them on the number i have on my letter from the Andover office and it is constantly engaged.

i think in this case it may be N1 as they have now had 6 weeks (2 prelim, 2 LBA and then 2 further 'goodwill').

tifo, one that I'm dealing with at Lloyds is exactly the same, they answered letters from Andover and another came from Birmingham, both telephone numbers are either engaged or they trip into an answer machine asking for your details. They say they'll call back if you leave your details. I've done that 3 times over 3 weeks and not one reply.

Your welcome here to get advice !!

You will however get more specific advice to your own case, and be able to keep a track of how it's going by viewing just one thread instead of skirting around lots of pthreads trying to find your posts and answers.

1/ Go here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-action-group-against/

4/ Click Subscribe to Forum. It will ask you how often you want to recieve updates ( daily I found is best)

7/ Give your thread a title eg: "groovycaz vs whatever bank", and then make a post.

8/ Then go to the bit at the top of your browser ( the bit that says http etc), and right click your mouse, choose copy, then come back here and post a new reply, and right click you mouse and choose paste to put a link to your thread in there.

9 Then hopefully people will visit and psot/subscribe etc.

Let me know if this works ??

Thanks photoman, managed some of your instructions to start my thread just cant seem to link it to this thread so im one before you groovycaz v BOS so will start posting the full details of my claim...GC

Groovycaz

Here you go.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/74459-groovycaz-bos-business-banking.html

Viewers here, maybe pay her a lttle visit ??

regards

Photoman

• Haha 1

has anyone else incurred a £15 per month charge from BOS business accounts for not maintaining a min on £5000 in their account, Ive asked 3 times for them to close my account and although im told they have it on screen the dates I requested this it still open and yesterday they slapped me with another £15, waiting for one of their account managers to call me today to ask what the hell is going on

groovy

as a point to note, it is always best to follow up phonecalls with the written word to make sure they cant deny your request at some time in the future.

If you havent written to them do so straight away and confrim your instruction to them from the 1st time you requested this.

when it comes to disuputing the charges this is a critical action imho.

glenn

• Haha 1

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi all,I am about to send my prelim letter to the RBoS disputing charges on my Ltd company account.

It is quite complicated compared with others,and so ,if anybody here can give a few pointers?

p.s can a mod change title to Colin H vs RBoS limited company

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/74418-help-spreadsheet-contractual-rate.html

:D

Hi all,I am about to send my prelim letter to the RBoS disputing charges on my Ltd company account.

It is quite complicated compared with others,and so ,if anybody here can give a few pointers?

p.s can a mod change title to Colin H vs RBoS limited company

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/74418-help-spreadsheet-contractual-rate.html

Colin,

You might find this thread an interesting read:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/rbs-bos-successes/49470-contractual-interest-details-case.html?highlight=RBS+full+details

Great particulars, and give you some pointers about how to claim against a Scottish Bank if yourresident in UK.

Remember though, that this link is for a personal account, so if you use any of the Particulars you must take out any reference to Consumer Law.

Also, I presume the limited company account was your own, and your the only director, otherwise I think you have to inform the other directors about what your doing. Check with a Mod if unsure.

Other than that, no real difference in the process, get your prelim templates from here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/64975-business-claims-basic-guide.html

If you've not done your spreadsheet of cost yet, then this one by Mindzai is very user friendly, and gives step by step instructions.

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

Then just do lots of reading around, and start getting familiar with process.

Good Luck !!

Colin

Just took a quick peek at your thread, and it looks like your in pretty good hands,,and much of my last post is fairly redundant regards yourself......however will leave it up, as several other visitors here might find it useful ??

Also notice there is now a thread for Limited Company claims, so going to post the link here for anyone who need it,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/73488-limited-company-claims.html#post648274

Regards

groovy

as a point to note, it is always best to follow up phonecalls with the written word to make sure they cant deny your request at some time in the future.

If you havent written to them do so straight away and confrim your instruction to them from the 1st time you requested this.

when it comes to disuputing the charges this is a critical action imho.

glenn

Thanks Glenn, ive called them again today and they refunded me £30 and given me an address to write to close my account. Been to the cash point and they have refunded the charges, I only complained about one charge of £15 but they gave me another refund from feb so no hassle there. Im supprised because they ignored all my letters except one telling me they were not repaying me any charges and their decision was final

hi everyone

i got notification from the court that the judge has approved my ammended POC (COST £35) i had already sent cobbetts a copy so i faxed them a 2nd copy along with a copy of my charges (again).corbetts said thet hadnt recieved the other copies (normal stalling tactics i believe).i followed up the fax with atelephone call to confirm they had recieved all the pages and would they require any other info faxed to them.They replied that they had all the info that they require so i asked them whether i could also claim the £100 for the AQ the reply was YES they will pay u that as well,ithen asked at what stage they are at with there defence and i was told that it will now be up to the nat west to decide on what course of action to take.i'm assuming im close to being paid out am i correct? or have i got more suprises coming my way.....

any comments would be appreciated

regards scott

Hi all,

I've got my own Ltd company and I am thinking of claiming for charges from the banks does any know what letters to send and wahts the difference between ltd and personal claiming techniques. To me the Ltd is like an individual and as directors we have to act for the company's best interest, so claiming seems logical.

Has anyone so far taken on the "bankers"???!!!

Hi all,

I've got my own Ltd company and I am thinking of claiming for charges from the banks does any know what letters to send and wahts the difference between ltd and personal claiming techniques. To me the Ltd is like an individual and as directors we have to act for the company's best interest, so claiming seems logical.

Has anyone so far taken on the "bankers"???!!!

Take a look here for the specifics to deal with limited companies:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/73488-limited-company-claims.html#post648274

But do continue to subscribe and contribute to this thread also ?

Regards

its not a limited company i am a bit stuck reading this over and over think im thick,

i am going to chase £2,009.40 for my partner from the royal bank of scotland it is a business account, im not sure do i add the interest the now or later when it goes to court and where do i find the address to send my letter for business accounts or is it my local bank thanx for any help.

its not a limited company i am a bit stuck reading this over and over think im thick,

i am going to chase £2,009.40 for my partner from the royal bank of scotland it is a business account, im not sure do i add the interest the now or later when it goes to court and where do i find the address to send my letter for business accounts or is it my local bank thanx for any help.

Nicky

Welcome !!

Looks like your brand new here, so don't just jump in and take action without doing some reading first.

Here's a good starting point.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....se-read-these/

You'll then find all the templates you need here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....lates-library/

You'll also find this very useful;

Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index

You'll then need to start your own thread.

You will then get more specific advice to your own case, and be able to keep a track of how it's going by viewing just one thread instead of skirting around lots of threads trying to find your posts and answers.

1/ Go here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....group-against/

7/ Give your thread a title eg: "nickyl vs whatever bank", and then make a post.

Good luck !!!!

Have today received reply from BOS Corporate responding to my ltd company claim for £13700 plus int. Apparently they're going to review our charges and get back to me...

LBA due to be sent on Friday.

A quickie though: I sent the original to BOS Head Office The Mound, Edinburgh (too much of a wimp to send to our Bank Manager in Southampton) and Fountainbridge Edinburgh has replied. Shall I send LBA to The Mound or Fountainbridge (Corporate Customer Care) address?

When it gets to the point (which I'm sure it will) when I need to issue MCOL claim I will use the Halifax address - which worked superbly with the personal account claim.

But, don't want to have any setbacks, so thoughts on LBA address would be welcomed.

(Do I need my own thread for this claim? Worrying about losing the valuable advice i'm getting here!)

Lou

Have today received reply from BOS Corporate responding to my ltd company claim for £13700 plus int. Apparently they're going to review our charges and get back to me...

LBA due to be sent on Friday.

A quickie though: I sent the original to BOS Head Office The Mound, Edinburgh (too much of a wimp to send to our Bank Manager in Southampton) and Fountainbridge Edinburgh has replied. Shall I send LBA to The Mound or Fountainbridge (Corporate Customer Care) address?

When it gets to the point (which I'm sure it will) when I need to issue MCOL claim I will use the Halifax address - which worked superbly with the personal account claim.

But, don't want to have any setbacks, so thoughts on LBA address would be welcomed.

It is common practice on this site for the avoidance of all doubt to adress and send all correspondance to the registered Head office. You can get this from the BOS Forum, or similar threads. Any correspondance sent thus will be re-directed if necessary. In any case that is the address you put on your claim form.

(Do I need my own thread for this claim? Worrying about losing the valuable advice i'm getting here!)

Don't worry about losing the advice here. Now you have posted you are subscribed, and as such you will always get notified of any updates on your user CP (and or emails). You really should start your own thread (if not sure how to, I think I posted advice on that in an earlier post on this thread, otherwise I'll post it again here). The benefits of having your own thread are that you will be able to keep a better track of your own claim without it getteing all mixed up in this and other threads (and also this thread doesn't get all cluttered). Once you have a thread started then you can post a link to it on this thread, and ask people to visit it whenever you want specific help or advice on something.

Lou

Good luck with your claim !!