Advice Needed For 75% Offer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!!! ive just been offered £1375 out of my £1600 claim (£254 difference basically), but i dont know whether 2 accept this or not?? I think my orig claim might b a bit short as a couple of charges might have been added since then but do i cut my losses and run or take em 2 court and ADD my 8% interest (i must admit a bit of greed here)!! Im gonna recheck my total 2morrow in case ive over-estimated but i dont think i have so whats everyones opinion??

Your advice will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Traci

Halifax... claimed £1629 feb 2007.

Abbey..... started claim feb 2007.

hi raytraci,

well my opinion i would take them to court, £254 is alot of money. but again it is up to ur personal circumstances really, if u need the money badly then settle if not go all the way, after all it is UR MONEY.

I actually won the case against halifax yesterday, they sent me a letter offering me £487 out of £667 of what they owed me. So i thought I would give them a call, and tell them that I will not settle for anything less than £667, so she put me on hold for a minute or two and came back to me and authorised that they will pay out £667 :p very happy. so today, i received an amended acceptance form and i am sending it back tomorrow. Why dont you give them a call tomorrow, the number you can use, which I used was ohhh bare with me, let me find it.....01977627377 and ask to speak to Jennifer Gray or Tracey Jones. i spoke to tracey and she was very nice and polite

Good luck and u may get ur money back from just one call, its worth a try :)

Get your figures right up to the date of your first letter to them, if your figures were indeed right accept the offer but state you will still be continuing your claim for the differance, thats what I did and then they offered me the full amount, it only took 3 seconds as they dealt with me over the phone.

If you have had more charges applied since your first letter, claim again when they have fully settled the first claim.

IT IS MINE !!!!!!!!

Hi Anna/Sender, thanx 4 yr prompt response!! Its funny cos ive just been reading all of Anna's posts when my replies came in, Well done Anna!!!!

Im thinking maybe i should call the woman who wrote to me 2day (not the names Anna mentioned) and say that i will pursue my whole claim in court??? It is a lot to lose out on and i am soooo tempted by the 8% interest IF it goes that far??? Im still gonna recheck my sums 1st just in case but must admit i am scared that i'll end up with nothing!!!

In the meantime here goes another 2 hrs reading everyone elses posts and seeing what happened withthem

Watch this space!!!

Traci

xx

Hi raytraci --- is the offer in response to your Prelim letter or your LBA.

If it is in response to the prelim, then send off your LBA.

If it is in response of your LBA, you could try telephoning them, using the number on your offer letter, to say that you have your papers ready for court, but are ringing to see if they can better their offer before you proceed further. (Make sure you have your up to date list of charges)

If it is in response to your LBA and you want to go down the court route to get your additional 'little xtra' of 8% then just go ahead with the court papers.

When my LBA deadline was up I telephoned them, stating that I had the papers all ready to send (I didn't) and they upped from the £1445 offered to the full amount requested of £2281 straight away on the phone!!! Have a read of my thread for the full story!!

It's your claim, so it's your personal choice as to how you now proceed.

Best wishes.

jaxads xx

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

YIPPEE I WON!!!! i phoned the number on my "partial offer" letter and explained that i wasnt happy with the £254 shortfall and that i would pursue the remaining amount in court, so he put me on hold and then came back with my full offer!!! Ive been told to amend the amount on my acceptance form and return it, but i also asked for a confirmation in writing that the agreed amount would be in my account within 14 days, so i presume my LBA that they received today still stands??

Im really happy but i gotta keep grounded until the money goes in!!!

Ive also sent out my first letter to the Abbey today requesting all my charges/statements so here goes claim no.2.

Thanx for all your help, but im still gonna be here every nite reading what everyone else is up to and probably asking for more advice myself (tho i feel like an expert now)!!!

Good luck all and dont give up!!!

Traci xxxxxxx:p :p :p :p

Thanx Mr2phil, u lot have been sooo supportive, it really helps!!!

Here goes claim no. 2.......... u havent heard the last of me yet!!!

Traci

CONGRATULATIONS....!!!!!!

Happy spending. :D :D :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .