Flymo Vs HSBC

Flymo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok guys, i'm ready to send off my prelim letter to hsbc, i'm addressing it to

The Manager

Service Quality Team

HSBC Bank plc

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

is this right?

The amount owed on one of my accounts is £1014.50. i also have a closed account with hsbc and an old mastercard with them as well, will i be able to claim for those accounts using this same prelim letter or will i have to send seperate ones? also, will i be at a greater risk of having my accounts closed if i claim for them all?

your help would be greatly appreciated as im cacking my pants lol

Flymo

Only just starting myself but from other threads I've looked at it seems you can claim (within the 6 years) for any of those accounts /cards.

I've even seen some threads with people attempting to go back beyond 6 years. Apparently the 6 year rule is only a cosy banking industry voluntary notional agreement between themselves. I'll wait to see whether any judgements are entered on that aspect before looking at older accounts.

Don't worry about cacking your pants either...I reckon we all do when it comes to issuing multinational companies with threats of legal action..just think how many clean pairs you can buy when they pay you what you're owed!! Good luck.

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007

Have you done your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) yet? One SAR should cover ALL information held on you, regarding ALL accounts (subject to you identifying yourself as the authorised person to receive the information)

As for claiming on the different accounts - better to treat each one separately: in the first instance the total for all accounts may take you over the £5,000 limit for claiming on the small claims track.

Also, an early settlement on one will help to fund the following claims (he he) and will also set a precedent for you subsequent arguments.

A word of caution - more than one claim against HSBC will result in your account being closed - open another account with another bank before sending your prelim...

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I've even seen some threads with people attempting to go back beyond 6 years. Apparently the 6 year rule is only a cosy banking industry voluntary notional agreement between themselves.
Be a little bit careful when considering statute barred claims - there are exemptions to SOLA, and people are getting refunds that are older than six years.

However, this is not a cosy banking relationship but an act of Parliament - a fight based on SOLA will be painful and dirty, though not futile - play the easy rules first, to acquaint yourself with all the case and statute law...then go for the tough stuff...

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Pheonix - thanks for the info about SOLA. I'm going for a 'straightforward' case first (6 years); wouldn't dream of leaping before walking. My claim is for nearly £7K so I'm not hopeful of a speedy settlement.

I hope Flymo's and other peoples are easier.

Netty - just been updating myself by reading your thread. Your v.inspirational. Just read Maleo's too. Wise fella for his age; writing to FBO and Clare Short. Was pleased he got two settlements. Good luck with your final stages Netty.

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007

Have you done your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) yet? One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) should cover ALL information held on you, regarding ALL accounts (subject to you identifying yourself as the authorised person to receive the information)

As for claiming on the different accounts - better to treat each one separately: in the first instance the total for all accounts may take you over the £5,000 limit for claiming on the small claims track.

Also, an early settlement on one will help to fund the following claims (he he) and will also set a precedent for you subsequent arguments.

A word of caution - more than one claim against HSBC will result in your account being closed - open another account with another bank before sending your prelim...

Good luck.

well, this is the main account, i think i'll just stick with this as its still over £1000, i dont really want to get in the position of getting my accounts closed as i actually like HSBC

i dont really want to get in the position of getting my accounts closed as i actually like HSBC
Couldn't agree more - I used to like banking with Midland/HSBC so much that I was with them for 26 years...and now my pleasure is of a different and perverse nature...

However, I was always honest with them, and for this I was treated very badly, so had no qualms against sueing their butts off...and I am still doing it now even though the account has been closed for nearly a year...

There are other banks out there who do just as good a job as HSBC - just make sure that the relationship starts off on an equal footing and things should go smoothly...

right, we're off.

just posted my prelim asking for full amount of £1014.50. i didnt add in the interest charges which appear on my statements on the same dayt as my total charges did(the 28th) was i supposed to?

Wish me luck guys, i hope to god that HSBC don't decide to make an example out of me LOL :p

D

Wish me luck guys, i hope to god that HSBC don't decide to make an example out of me LOL
HSBC don't believe in God, so it is highly unlikely He is going to be doing them any favours.

However, we all believe in luck, and we wish you as much of this as you want/need...

do they normally ignore the first letter?
They do...stick to your timetable, not theirs...

ok,

i recieved a letter today from a colin langdale basically stating that he's investigating my claim and he will contact me with a full response.

anyone else get this?

D

• 1 month later...