Are Barclays fighting back?

howben99

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had their Barclaycard Credit limit Revised Downwards since delivering their court papers to the litigation dept at Barclays?

I got home tonight to find a letter from barclaycard saying that they had conducted one of their regular reviews and decided to reduce by half my credit limit. they said there decision was based on "customer profiling,taking into account all availible Financial information.This does not just inculed Barclaycard information but also that provided by credit reference agencies".

They also say that they have withdrawn my UK cash withdrawal facility for 6 months.

They then go on to say they will regularly reveiw this account but cannot guarantee that they will increase the limit in the future and that at the present time they are not prpared to reverse ths decision

this letter can with no warning what so ever yes maybe i have been afew days late on paying but when this has happened i have paid more then quoted and have always paid more than the minimum.

i was just going to stop cliaming frm barclays but now i am going to order may statments from barclaycard

ps my court date with barclays 26/03/07 10am

I had my credit limit "revised" downwards

(they are such "tarts"...... then they add overlimit fees on the new set limit)

My preliminary hearing was monday

UM

SEE NEW THREAD; INNOCENT VS MONUMENT (BARCLAYS)

:D

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

I have had 2 revised limits and a card withdrawn - due to "reviews".

It was MBNA who withdrew my Abbey card with a snotty letter, and 3 days later I got a promotional letter from them in which it said "as one of our most valued customers...." I hate to think what they are doing to customers who aren't valued!!

I am concerned about this. I have a fairly substantial overdraft I was hoping to use my reclaimed fees to pay it off and cancel it. I intend to live 100% debt free (oh, except the mortgage) so I don't have any cards to worrry about but I need the OD facility in place until I get my fees back off them.