me v halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hot.rod.41,

I filed my claim with MCOL on Monday gone so am also going the same route as you!! I haven't had a goodwill gesture but I have phoned them 3 times & sent 2 e-mails so they've had plenty of opportunities to settle...now I get the 8% exta!! :)

Hi Docannie

I first started the claim in september of last year, and only just got to the mcol stage now! they offered me a good will gesture in the early stages, but i refused as it was no where near the amount i was charged, but like you say at least i get the extra 8% now!

Hi all!!! dont u think that when u've got this far the 8% interest is a little bit tempting and u secretly wish u can go all the way to filing a claim (or am i a little bit twisted)??? Ive been offered 75% of my claim and am sleeping on it but i do admit i wanna go 2 court to get that 8% even tho im scared witless of losing it all!!

Is it just me???

Regards

Traci

Halifax... claimed £1629 feb 2007.

Abbey..... started claim feb 2007.

Hi Hot rod, sorry to say (sort of) that i'll never c the 8% interest as they offerd me the full amount after i phoned them, but im Sooo Happy its settled, u cant beat that feeling! I must have got a sympathetic guy on the end of the phone!! Gotta c when the money goes in to so my LBA still stands.

Gd luck

Traci

Halifax... claimed £1629 feb 2007.

Abbey..... started claim feb 2007.

• 2 weeks later...

i have just recieved letter from court informing me that halifax intend to defend the full amount. has any one else had this from the halifax? if so what was the outcome? is this just a stalling tactic or do istand a chance of losing the claim? any one with any info i would be glad to hear from you!!!

The chances are you will be sent an Allocation Questionnaire.

There is help to fill it in.

If you read this it will help you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

But even this is a stalling tactic. You WILL get paid, they are just dragging it out a bit. It is very normal.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

No one has lost yet. (as far as i know)

If it is a straight forward claim then the money normally gets paid quickly once at the court stage.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .