Now it's my turn!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

I'm just preparing my online claim form, could anyone advise me as to what specific details i need to fill in on the form. Should I just enter the address that I have been sending all my previous correspondance to, which is the P.O. Box number for customer relations? Should I include the name of the senior customer relations manager I have been corresponding with?

Also Is there anywhere on line that could tell me how many days ago a specific date was? It will make working out the interest so much easier if I could fill in the 'days since' colomn more quickly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jamie.

Should I just enter the address that I have been sending all my previous correspondance to, which is the P.O. Box number for customer relations?

You cannot issue proceedings against a PO Box - use the trinity road address.

Should I include the name of the senior customer relations manager I have been corresponding with?

Managers and directors of the company have no legal liability for the bank's debt. If you name them and try to sue them the claim will be struck out.

Also Is there anywhere on line that could tell me how many days ago a specific date was? It will make working out the interest so much easier if I could fill in the 'days since' colomn more quickly.

You need to download the spreadsheet again, and don't delete the data in to 'days since' column - it works it all out for you.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for your response Barracad.

Does the spreadsheet work correctly in Microsoft office spreadsheet? i don't have excel.

It doesn't alter the days since when i change the date of charges.

When I open the spread sheet it asks if I want to open sheet 1,2 or 3, I've opened 1, is this correct?

Trinity Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire

HX1 2RG

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I really don't know the figure for the daily amount of interest charged for the particulars section.

My total interest I am claiming back is £145.05 as of today, 15th June.

The date of the first charge taken from my account is 31/03/2003.

How do i work out the sum charged per day up until settlement/ conclusion?

Jonni,

I C&P the text you wrote on another thread and the interest charged daily was 31p. when I altered the date to the 16th my interest total went up 31p. Is this a coincidense or am i really as thick as I feel I'm sounding right now???

Is my daily rate of interest 31p, I think it is. Please tell em I'm right!!!

That was specific to the other user...

To work out daily interest;

Charges Total = Y

Interest on each charge total = Z

Y + Z = Claim Value

Claim value x 0.00022 = daily interest amont

If I've read your figures correctly.....

£1,403 + £145.05 = £1,548.05 x 0.00022 = £0.34p daily interest

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I've had a nightmare!!!

Haven't been able to log in the last couple of days. I've submitted my claim online, but like the complete effing idiot that I am and knowing absolutely zilch about this whole thing I entered halifax details in the claimant box and my details as the defendant.

I have to phone them this morning to get it altered or scrapped and start all over again.

If you catch them soon enough you should be able to cancel it without cost and start over....

You might have to wait a little time for the refund though

Thanks for the reply Jonni.

I managed to get in touch with money claim before it was processed and withdrew my claim and I actually received a cheque from Northampton Courts today for the fee of £120, which surprised me- I thought I would have a bit of a wait on my hands.

I have now filed the new and improved (correct) claim today and await a response.

Thanks for you help up to now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone received a cheque from the Halifax? I notice that most of the people having their claims settled in full still have accounts with the Halifax and are getting them paid straight in, we no longer have an account with them.

Also people are having their claims settled who started proceedings after us, would the delay occur because we are no longer customers of the Halfax?

Has anyone received a cheque from the Halifax? I notice that most of the people having their claims settled in full still have accounts with the Halifax and are getting them paid straight in, we no longer have an account with them.

Did you ask to be paid by cheque?

Also people are having their claims settled who started proceedings after us, would the delay occur because we are no longer customers of the Halfax?

We filed ours on 16th June and are still waiting and yes it is a n account that is still open

• Confused 1

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks for your reply Mechs. I have had a look back at the letters I have sent them and I haven't requested payment in the form of a cheque, but how else are they meant to pay me with no account to be payed into?

I am away on holiday from sunday for two weeks. What is the procedure form here on in?

If I receive settlement whilst i'm away do I have a deadline to halt proceedings? If the settlement arrives and I don't respond quickly enough is there a chance it would go to court anyway, and would it appear unfavourable that I haven't responded?

Basically, what could the implications be for me being out of the country for two weeks?

Sorry, just phoned the money claim helpline.

Apparently with the timescales involved, they have until the 26th June to file a defence and then I have 19 days to respond after that, there shouldn't be a problem.

Good and enjoy your holiday

In progress:

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

hope so the wife keeps looking in ours to see if they have paid yet ..... no luck yet

In progress:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks