You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thank you @honeybee13. I will try to write one. I read here that even without the out of court settlement some people  have not received the  criminal record but only a fine. I don't know what to think anymore. 
    • Thanks I appreciate your time How does this sound?   On FRIDAY 29TH May I used your service to send a parcel under the above reference number. The parcel did not arrive at the destination and after several exchanges with your customer service staff, I was told that the item was lost. I was also told that I would not be entitled to full compensation for my items despite having provided you with receipts for these items as I had only opted for the standard £20 compensation. I did not opt for this compensation – as you will know, there is no option to decline this basic cover when scheduling a parcel. Furthermore, it is grossly unfair for a consumer to have to insure against your negligence and contrary to the unfair terms provisions in the Consumer Rights Act. I'm quite sure that you are fully aware that any term you might have in your contract which relies on customers having insurance against your negligent handling of their items causing them to be lost is an unfair term and is unenforceable. I notice that you systematically rely on such terms to deprive your customers of the correct compensation and effectively to protect you from the consequences of your negligent handling of your customers’ sent items. If you force this to a court hearing – you can be certain that I shall be producing evidence from many different sources to show that you systematically lose parcels and decline liability on spurious grounds which are unfair and unenforceable. The contents of my parcel were worth £160. There was also the cost of the postage which was £9.92. The full amount I am claiming is therefore £169.92. You may email me at ____________ in order to arrange this payment. If I do not have reimbursement in full within 14 days then I shall issue a claim in the County Court to recover this money from you plus interest and without any further notice. Yours faithfully _____
    • Hi.   SJP = Single Justice Procedure. Here's some reading for you https://www.gov.uk/single-justice-procedure-notices   If you want to ask for an out of court settlement, you need to deal with TfL. You could write to them if you have a contact name, there are examples of letters in threads here.   HB
    • Hi,  I have sent email requesting information as to why my original email was not actioned. I did have the case number in the subject line on my email.  I only got a letter from registry trust, nothing else from courts or Shoosmiths thanks 
    • @dx100uk  I have received only the charge for this journey.  Sorry for my ignorance but what is a SJP?  the charge has been made at 21 june  2020 but I received this only yesterday. Now they ask me to make my plea and I have 21 days to do so, but I want to try an out of court settlement. There is not any court date on the papers they sent me now though. 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
JDAdams

Particulars of Claim Struck Out

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4757 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Hoping for a little help here - I issued two claims against Barclays late last year, one for my Barclays bank account and one for my Barclaycard. The bank claim is due to be heard in March but I received a letter today stating that the District Judge has ordered that the particulars of claim be struck out. I don't understand this as these were almost identical as for my other claim.

I have so far sent:

- Letter to Barclaycard 10/09/06 with list of individual charges

- Letter to Barclaycard 07/10/06 with list of individual charges

- Letter to Barclaycard 11/11/06 with list of individual charges plus contractual interest

- Letter to Court 11/11/06 with list of individual charges plus contractual interest

- Allocation questionnaire to Court in December

The particulars of claim I used (though MCOL) were:

"1. The Claimant had an account XXXX XXXX

XXXX XXXX with the Defendant, opened

November 2000 and closed May 2006. 2. Since

15/01/02 the Defendant debited charges and

interest in respect of purported breaches

of contract. 3. Defendant is aware of all

details as a list of charges has already

been supplied. Another copy will be sent.

4. Claimant contends: (a) The charges

exceed the Defendant's losses caused by the

breaches; (b) The Term permitting the

Defendant to levy such charges is

unenforceable under the Unfair Terms in

Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, Unfair

Contract Terms Act 1977 and at Common Law.

5. Claimant claims: (a) return of the

amounts debited of £295; (b) Interest per

S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% - £61.43

continuing at 8% until judgment or

settlement at a daily rate of £0.06; 6.

Alternatively, if the charges are a fee for

a service, then they must be reasonable

under S.15 of Supplyof Goods and Services

Act 1982. 7. Costs allowed by the Court."

This is all that would fit on the form, hence the details sent separately. However the letter states:

"1) The particulars of claim be struck out as disclosing no reasonable grounds for bringing the claim.

2) The claimant has permission not later than 16.00 hours on the 2nd March 2007 to file at court and serve upon the defendant a replacement particulars of claim which shall set out withthe particularity required at trial to prove the claim the dat and amount of each chage made by the defendant which the claimant says was in breach of contract and/or unlawful together with, in eah case, the basis upon which the claimant says he is entitled to recover the same from the defendant and to the extent that interest is claimed upon each or any of the same showing the clculation of interest from the date of such payment.

3) Because this Order has been made by the Court without considering representations from the parties, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. A party wishing to make an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of service of this Order."

Now that to me says the Judge hasn't looked at my letter and the details provided, as that seems to be what he's asking for in item 1). However if he has and I submit the same details will the case be thrown out? Is it just a matter of submitting a written PoC with the details included in that instead of an additional letter? If so it seems the Judge is being exceedingly petty - how would I lodge a complaint about him? Finally, what would be the difference between serving a replacement PoC and applying to have the Order set aside (so returning to the original one)?

Is it just a matter of submitting a written PoC with the details included in that
Yes

If so it seems the Judge is being exceedingly petty - how would I lodge a complaint about him?
Only if want to annoy him even more

IN THE XXX COUNTY COURT

CLAIM NO. XXX

BETWEEN

XXXXXXX

Claimants

-and-

BARCLAYS BANK PLc

Defendant

RESPONSE TO ORDER BY DISTRICT JUDGE XXXX

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

1. The Claimant has the following account with the Defendant:

a) Account no. xxxxxxx sort code xxxxxxx (“the Account”);

b) During the last 6 years the Defendant automatically debited charges to the Account in the sum of £xxxxxxx

2.Full details of each and every charge applied to the accounts are already in the possession of the Defendant, from whom the Claimant obtained such information prior to this claim. However details of all charges, the amounts, dates debited and a description of each is attached to this Particulars of Claim.

3. a) The charges are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed alleged actual loss to the Defendant; and instead unduly enrich the Defendant which applies charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of i) the The Unfair Terms In Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 particularly but not limited to Regulations 5, 6 and 8 and Schedule 2, 1 e) and ii); the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, particularly but not limited to sections 3 and 11 and Schedule 2 and iii) the common law relating to liquidated damages and penalties in contracts.

4. To the extent that it is found that the Defendant’s charges are for the provision of banking services the Claimant contends that the price thereof is unreasonable pursuant to section 15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.

5.Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited to all the Claimant’s accounts in the sum of £xxxxxxx;

b) Court costs;

c) Interest at 8% per annum pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 on the charges debited to the Account in the sum of £xxxxxxx and continuing at the daily rate of £xxp until judgment or sooner payment

I believe the facts stated in this Additional Particulars of Claim are true

Signed…………………………………….

Claimant

Dated this xxth day of xxx 2007

Attach your schedule of charges, with brief covering letter

OK, I finally have a court date - in September. Taken nearly a year to get them to court.