• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

matt v lloyds ****WON!!!****

mattyb13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yeah, i know. thanks dolly the only problem is my printer is knackered at the moment. its a real pain because all my letters i have to email to work or to my parents so i can print them off and to make it worse my parents are on dial up:rolleyes:

Lloyds settled in full

£4010.02:D

Halifax CC settled

£417.00 :D

Lloyds PPI

£3672.15 Refunded off loan :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right collected a N1 form from the court and im filling it in.

for the POC to I just copy and paste it from the templates section and just add my account no and other details and print it out and attach it or do I actually write it onto the form?

Do i attach an upto date schedule of charges,if so is it 3 copies?

Do I have to send lloyds a copy or do the courts send it?

And 1 more when it comes to totaling up what im claiming, the 0.00022% daily interest is that on the charges or the complete total ie charges + 8% interest + costs .

thanks.

matt

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Hi Matt,

send a copy of the linked letter with a total of charges involved.dont yet send the spreadsheet that is for your court bundle,but do start preparing it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

The court will inform Lloyds so you don't need to.

At this stage do not include the interest, that is to be calculated when you go to court.

Good Luck.

Happyolddog.

Ps. told you I would take a look at your thread.

thanks happy.

As it happens I received some missing data today. they didnt send me statements though they sent lists of charges and thats it.

Will these lists of charges be suitable to use as evidence when it comes to preparing court bundles as from what Ive read it says to include statements.

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Hi matty,

Lucky matt, I wish my bank had done the same.Saves a lot of highlighter pens. yes they are a suitable source of evidence, as the banks are not permitted to lie.(even though on whistleblower tonight it is proved they do):)

Good luck,

happyolddog.

filed for court yesterday and it felt good. thanks to everyone so far for the advice and im sure i will be asking again in the coming weeks.

good luck all.

matt

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

• 2 weeks later...

still havent heard anything from the courts or lloyds yet and its been 10 days is this normal???

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Hi MattyB

I received acknowledgement and defence together 14 days after filing my claim, but it does vary.

They should at least acknowledge the claim within 14 days.

Good luck with your claim

Jen

xxx

received letter from courts this morning and it was deemed served on 25th march

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Lloyds were supposed to acknowledge the claim by yesterday but ive heard nothing. the postman has just turned up and still nothing.

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Lloyds were supposed to acknowledge my claim by the 10th April but Ive heard nothing. Is it worth ringing the court to see if they have heard from them??

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Rang the court and they have nothing on their file. The guy said they were a little behind and i should either wait until next week and try again or ask for a judgement to be entered.

I dont really want to enter a judgement yet as they will probably ask for it to be set aside, I think I will call back on Monday and ask again.

If anyone has any different veiws I would be glad to hear them.

thanks.

matt.

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

I think it will be a good idea to wait until Monday allowing enough time for their defence to come through the backlog. After Monday, if the situation remain the same, then judgment by default would be the next obvious thing.

still not a peep from lloyds 9 days since they shouldve acknoweledged my claim. If I ask for a judgement now and lloyds ask for it to be set aside will it delay things?? is it worth sending a letter to lloyds telling them to pull their finger out??

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Thanks nic, i think i will pop down tomorrow and make 1 last check to see if they havent got it and then go for a judgememt.

Yes GuidoT, I used the 25 Gresham St address

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Sometimes they do not respond when you file at Andover or the non registered office address, but clearly you have served at the correct address. Although I am sure you are aware, you can phone the court.

If Lloyds have still not acknowledged then you can fill in the Request for Judgement which is in the lower half of the Notice of Issue. However read this first:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/48946-curli-lloyds-tsb.html#post572354

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Received acknowledgement today dated 5th april. Its taken the court 3 weeks to get it to me.

LLoyds had until 24th to file a defence.

I have read on a few threads that lloyds had been using some different solicitors. I have been lucky and got the delightful bunch from [problem]:rolleyes:

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Received the famous 9 point defence today served on the 10th april.

Got a letter enclosed from the court saying that the file has been referred to the district judge for directions, these directions will be forwarded in due course.

I take it that means the AQ.

Really feel like im getting somewhere now.

Just 1 quick question in [problem]'s defence they mention about contract with them, as I opened the account when I was 12 surely I cant agree to a contract???

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

hi mattyb13,

if i were you i'd call your court to check with them. I got the same short letter today from the county court in worcester and when I phoned them they said I was not going to get an AQ. As such I'll be sending in the draft order for directions in as a suggestion to the judge.

Received the famous 9 point defence today served on the 10th april.

Got a letter enclosed from the court saying that the file has been referred to the district judge for directions, these directions will be forwarded in due course.

I take it that means the AQ.

Really feel like im getting somewhere now.

Just 1 quick question in [problem]'s defence they mention about contract with them, as I opened the account when I was 12 surely I cant agree to a contract???

You usually receive the defence AQ together from the court, is this the case. You AQ may have been dispensed with.

Please can you post up the full letter / order from the court.

Regarding the contract, they from time to time have probably sent you revised terms since you were 12 and these are likely to be the prevailing contract between the parties.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.