Nationwide Account Closure

Cornucopia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am not a Nationwide claimant, however, in my local paper today there is an article about a claimant who has had his account closed having made a successful claim.

Nationwide say that it is not because he has claimed back the charges but because they consider that the relationship between the claimant and the bank has broken down as he appears unable to adhere to their terms and conditions.

I thought you might find this information useful and will be happy to answer questions on the article if you wish to post them.

Regards,

Cornucopia

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

hi cornucopia did you know you can claim 125 pound if they close your account

Hi there, I know that Alliance & Leicester had to pay £125.00 compensation to a customer whose account has been closed, but he did have to go through court. This is not my account, it was somebody in the local paper. I don't want to name him as he might present himself on here anyway, I hope he does! The more the merrier.

In my opinion, the banks should be prosecuted for such behaviour. It is shocking.

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Nationwide confuse me and I work for them...

I have to admit, with all the negative publicity surrounding banks at the moment, you'd think they would be more savvy! They just seem to be courting bad press and are delighting in announcing their huge profits whilst at the same time screwing their "customers" into the ground.

It is turning around though...........!

You would also think that given the bad publicity that surrounded Alliance & Leicester's court appearance and subsequent fine, they would not put themselves in the same situation! They obviously love a challenge! Mind you, so do we!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi

Can you give me some more information about this please. I bank (at the moment) with Nationwide and 2 days after they paid my bank charges back they have sent a letter stating that:

"it is now clear you are unwilling to conduct your account in accordance with our Flex Account terma and conditions, therefore this letter is notification of our intention to close the account in 32 days time"....etc etc

and "all balances need to be repaid by 22nd March or we will view this as attempted fraud and may strat legal action"

do you know if this is legal - any ideas what to do next

thanks

Jenfreya

Jenfreya,

Can I ask how much you claimed for. I am worried they will do this with me as i have £2450 overdraft between my accounts with them and am only claiming £150 between the 3 accounts so am wondering if it is worth it!

Hello Diamond82!

Jenfreya,

Can I ask how much you claimed for. I am worried they will do this with me as i have £2450 overdraft between my accounts with them and am only claiming £150 between the 3 accounts so am wondering if it is worth it!

Overdrafts are payable on demand.

Make NO mistake...Nationwide fight dirty and are spiteful!

It is YOUR money that they have unlawfully taken.

Only U can decide whether U think it's worth persuing YOUR Claim at this moment in time.

Read through the following link and be rest assured that U have plenty of time to get back on your feet and STILL get YOUR unlawfully taken money back if U choose to postpone YOUR Claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html?garpg=6

Hi

Can you give me some more information about this please. I bank (at the moment) with Nationwide and 2 days after they paid my bank charges back they have sent a letter stating that:

"it is now clear you are unwilling to conduct your account in accordance with our Flex Account terma and conditions, therefore this letter is notification of our intention to close the account in 32 days time"....etc etc

and "all balances need to be repaid by 22nd March or we will view this as attempted fraud and may strat legal action"

do you know if this is legal - any ideas what to do next

thanks

Jenfreya

Hi Jenfreya,

It seems that you too are a victim of this. I am not a Nationwide claimant but I read the story in our local press about a claimant who had his account closed, hence my post in this forum.

I would firstly write to Nationwide stating that you believe their closure of your account to be "retaliatory action" and that you will be reporting them to the Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Ombudsman Service. I would also consider contacting the press, the more bad publicity they get the better in my opinion. Did you get your CAG Newsletter today? There is an article about Alliance & Leicester being fined for retaliatory bank account closure. You might want to quote this to Nationwide.

Of course, a bank can close your account at any time and demand immediate repayment of an overdraft. However, it is no co-incidence that this is in response to your claim. Did you open a parachute account elsewhere? Do you have borrowings with Nationwide? I believe it would be deemed unreasonable for them to demand full repayment of a large overdraft for instance, if you were unable to do so.

You must try and fight this and I wish you lots of luck. I will watch the thread with interest to see how many others are affected by this.

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spotted BBCi text that the OFT has passed some cases to FSA where bank accounts have been closed after winning refund of bank charges.

Will be interested to see what happens

dpick

• Haha 1

Just spotted BBCi text that the OFT has passed some cases to FSA where bank accounts have been closed after winning refund of bank charges.

Will be interested to see what happens

dpick

dpick, fancy seeing you over here!;)

There was also an article about this in the Mail on Sunday Financial supplement, the more publicity the better!

I wish the guy who was in my local paper (and the reason I started this thread) would come on and tell us about it, we could help him get revenge!!!:cool:

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Cornucopia

Glad to stick it to the mongrels any legal way I can.

I think that the banks are going to come unstuck if they keep closing accounts.

On a different matter could you have a look at my thread

dpick and mbna and capital one

No pun intended I have an interesting question about interest.

see you dpick