Illingworth v First Direct

budd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Update, Received acknowlegement from First Direct today, confirming arrangments to send the requested informatiom. This will be sent out as six yrs of statements I should have these in the next few days. Then it will be highlighter pens at the ready and find out exactly how much they have robbed me over the years. Also £10 cheque returned as there is no charge made for supplying the statements, which makes a nice change given all the other charges applied to my account!!

its laughable really that the one charge they can lawfully apply (£10 SAR) they don't and the charges that they can't lawfully apply ie OD fees etc they do!!! What a crazy world they live in!!!!!!

Good luck BUDD. I served my LBA on FD on the 2nd March. SAR was sent on 16th Feb so FD are turning the SAR's around quickly. But today my husband received the SAR information exactly the same as the info i received over a week ago. Its a joint account and only one letter signed by us both - yet they sent out 2 lots a week apart!!! What a lovely waste of their money!!

First Direct - LBA sent 12/03/07

GE Capital/GE Money SAR request sent 15/02/07 - 4 Accounts -Prelim sent 30/03/07

• 3 weeks later...

OK time for a update, I've recieved 5yrs of statements and worked out that I have been charged £1450 in fees !!! these fees are made up of overdraft charges and excess overdraft charges over the 5yrs we had the account, can I claim these fees back?

Before I print off the spread sheet, is the 'schedule of claim for charges' simply the period in which the charges were made ie 10 March 2001 to 30 Nov 2006?

Also my previous correspondence with First Direct has been to it's Leeds head office, should I continue to use the address or should I send future letters to HSBC's headoffice?

Hi Budd

That's right. On your schedule of charges go from the first charge (furthest back in time) to latest charge and this period and the description of charges etc becomes your 'schedule of charges' in spreadhseet form.

You can claim overdraft fees and excess overdraft fees.

I used the

First Direct

40 Wakefield Road

Leeds

LS98 1 FD

Address for all corresspondence and there was no problem with that.

Good luck Budd

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007