HSBCNightmares Vs HSBC

HSBCNightmares
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you! So far it's been fairly straightforward and when I need it, people are quick to help. Now that I've resigned myself to the long waits between anything happening, I actually find myself wishing I could get these people into a courtroom. Can you imagine it?! I want one of those letters from DG that tells me they're confident they could win in court but here's my money anyway - they always make me laugh :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just phoned my local county court (Bromley) and been hold that AQ fees are now not payable in any bank cases, nationwide, if the AQ has been dispensed with.

Also, my case has been referred to the judge for directions but they are referring all bank charge cases to the Mercantile court at the Royal Courts of Justice, so I should be hearing from them next! The lovely lady also gave me the phone number of the Mercantile court in case I had any queries.

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet - I haven't even had any correspondace telling me the case has been transferred to Mercantile - I was told this when I called my local court to find out whether the AQ fee wsa payable.

I phoned the Mercantile Court this morning and was told that they now had a bocklog of 180 bank charge claims which they are trying to get through so it could be a little while before I hear from them. Judge David Mackie is in charge there and I guess him and his staff are sick of these claims, as most courts are. I'm glad he's spoken up in the media.

I've just had a court date through of August 24th at my local court, despite being told it was being transferred to Mercantile. I called the court and was told it might be bacuse my local court was closer to where I live!! I politely said that most people's local courts were closer to where they live than one of the few Mercantile courts in the country. I was then told that they don't know why it was been given a hearing date there because it should have definitely gone to Mercantile. They've had to raise a query with the listings department. I don't mind where it is but firstly I want to get my info correct when dealing with DG (already told them it's likely to go to Mercantile) and secondly - August 24th?? That's 3 months away!! I know that I would get a faster hearing date at the Mercantile court. 3 months?? I have been patient up to now but my patience is wavering today. Must be the heat.

• 1 month later...

I've been off the forum for a couple of months - my court date is looming and my court bundle needs to be submitted by Aug 10th at the latest. What's the latest trend (if there is such a thing) with regards to DG making offers? Is there any point me trying to contact them (considering they haven't responded to any of my letters)? Do they tend to wait until the bundle has been submitted (I would obviously prefer not to get to this stage)? What's the latest?

Isn't that just nice of them - contributing to the felling of millions of trees to make the paper which will just go straight in the bin once they make an offer. Clearly have no social responsibility either. Thanks for the info Pete.

Just sent my second nudge letter and have not received a response from either HSBC Service or DG. The lovely lady at the post office did mention that the two week strike at Royal Mail has started so expect a delay on them receiving my "recorded" letter.

So will starting to prepare the court bundle on Wed 01 Aug 07 and post it on Monday 06 Aug 07 so they get it before Friday 10 Aug 07.

Guessing we won't receive there court bundle on the 10 Aug 07 and then apply for a strike out. What a waste of paper. And they keep advertising how green they are. Ha Ha Ha.

Funny you should say that - my last letter to DG (sent yesterday) told them they were making a mockery of their client's social ethos to create a 'greener world' by making me print out multiple copies of the court bundle and how embarrassing this would be to HSBC. Different tact, see if it gets me noticed!

Hi Noddy - hearing is 10am but I haven't heard anything from anyone! I'm not even sure what the situation is at the moment with regards to the OFT test case with the banks. I think I'll just submit the court bundle as planned and see what happens. How about you - any news yet? What time is yours on the 24th?

If you do have to attend the court hearing, please ensure you take a copy of the template in post number 2 from here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html to court with you - just in case. ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.