HSBCNightmares Vs HSBC

HSBCNightmares
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks to all the info on this site (and my mum who pointed me in this direction!) I have today sent my first request letter with the list of charges to HSBC's Canada Square address by first class recorded. I have requested £1552.50 and fully expect to have to go down the court route. HSBC have never been particularly nice to me despite the fact my salary has been paid into my account every month for the past 7 years!

I'll keep you updated if and when anything happens.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Having heard nothing from HSBC I sent the LBA off yesterday, again by first class recorded. Playing another 2 week waiting game now. It's so frustrating having to wait when you just know they won't bother to reply to this either! :(

Today I received the standard letter from the ubiquitous Colin Langdale in response to my first letter of Feb 22nd. It says the same old tripe - looking into matters, will contact me with full response in 2009 etc etc etc. The letter is dated March 2nd which conveniently falls into my inital 2 weeks I gave them to reply but it arrived today (March 16th).

Only 1 week now until I file my claim with the courts and then the real fun begins. :rolleyes:

I know - I find it frustrating when it's all so predictable. I'm rearing to go on to the next stage now and get my money back but at least I know that thousands of others have been here before me and can tell me what to expect!

Does anyone know a rough time scale from the date of filing a claim to when you actually get a court date?

seems like it's taking to about 4/5 months at the moment - probably because of the sheer volume of claims that are going on. couldn't say for certain though because i think it depends on how busy the court you've been allocated to is.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Blimey - that's ridiculous! 4/5 months is way longer than expected, the courts must be so clogged up with these claims. Something has surely got to give. If judges are not happy, court service not happy, customers are not happy - this all points to one common culprit - the banks. Thanks for the info nettyg x

Hi HSBCNightmares. I submitted my claim via MCOL on 14th March. Amazingly I received an offer today!!! Unfortunately it was approx £1000.00 short. I have just sent back a letter saying that I only accept the offer as a partial settlement. Funny though they just kept on replying to my prelim letter and totally ignored my LBA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi Jowalshy - 2 days for an offer - that was quick! Shame about the small matter of it being about £1000 short but I don't think HSBC are very good with numbers ;) . As for ignoring the LBA, they must just be in denial about the whole messy situation they've got themselves into. I think it's unfair that they not only rip us off but it then contributes to the clogging up of the court system so that the whole things slows right down. It then impacts on other people who might not have anything to do with claiming charges! Sorry, rant over...

Anyway, nice one on your offer, fingers crossed that they give you the full amount - and fast!

Hi all - I have just registered with MCOL and I'm doing my 8% spreadsheet. Either it's easier than I thought it would be after reading about people's troubles or I am doing it seriously wrong! Anyway - a question for you wise ones...

In August 06 I was charged £100.00 in charges. I complained and complained until £50.00 was refunded. In my summary of charges I listed it as a charge of £100.00 and then at the bottom listed the date and the £50.00 refund (and subtracted that from my total). This was all typed as a list, not done in a spreadsheet. I'm not not quite sure how to record this in my 8% spreadsheet. Obviously I was still charged £50.00 after all's said and done - Do I record the original charge as £50.00 instead of £100.00 or is there a better was of doing it? Any advice would be appreciated.

type it in exactly as it was on your statements i.e. charge 100.00, refund of charges -50.00 so they can see that you have deducted it from your list. have you got a s/s ready to record all this, where the 8% is worked out automatically??

6. Interest calculation spreadsheets

simple s/s is marvellous!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Hi nettyg - I'm using the England Advanced Excel. Thanks for the advice - I think it works! I don't know why I was being so shortsighted. I think it's partly to do with the time and partly to do with my fear of excel. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Ok, MCOL was filed, DG entered a defence on the last possible day (surprise surprise) and I have today received Notice of Transfer of Proceedings to my local court. The sentence about the AQ has been crossed out as is becoming usual and it has been ordered that the filing is dispensed with - I am so pleased :). Everything seems to be going as planned for now.

Just about to send DG my first nudge letter and also find out whether I still have to pay the allocation fee (it states it may still be payable - need to contact local court). Will let you know.

love answering questions - hate answering the same ones over and over when they are right there in the faqs.

feel free to ask away - we don't bite - and it is a little daunting to begin with - now - nearly a year since i wrote the first letter (for my son) and i'd take on any of them - it's all acquired info - just know where to find it now!