Samll Cliams...help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi is anyone else going through the small claims court process at present with barcalys and particually getting dealt with by Southport County Court (sefton). Seem to be getting to a stcky end. I'm fuming as well! I filed my claim with Southport court and barclays filed a defence. As requested by the court I had to send my full particulars again to themselves and barclays. I had less then a week to do this as it was around the christmas period. Barclays had up until the 18th January to file the defence, I hadn't heard anything so i rung up the courts and they said that they hadn't filed a defence. I was waiting and waiting....rung up the courts again last week and they said that they had sent a defence on the 6th FEB 3 WEEKS LATE and they have been allowed to file it by the courts. So a couple a questions if anyone knows

1. How can they file it so late and get it away with it

2. Could I use this against them in the case?

3. I haven't had any literature since I had to file my full particulars/since barclays deadline, should i be worried?

4. Why am i getting less time them then to file my claim compared to their defence?

1. The courts can extend deadlines if they wish.

2. Not really (if it's a small claim).

3. Give the court a call and check nothing's been sent out and gone astray.

4. Because unfortunately life is sometimes just like that.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Ta advoc08

I have looked it to it a bit more and spoke to someone more helpful then usual at the courts lol and I know were i'm up to.

Thanks to everyone for the advice!

:)