Lloyds Business account mug.

*rickyr*
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just started a new thread as I have just sent Lloyds a preliminary approach for repayment for charges (Jan 03 to date) to there customer care address, as when I spoke to my business manager she basically implied "it is what it is", now already at £6352.50 in charges alone. Also sent a DPA letter to cover the period between May 2000 (when i started the business)and December 2002 .

Any other business account uses with similar problems, any advice would be more than welcome.

Hello *Rickyr*, no advice I'm afraid, because I'm just embarking on the same course of action, albeit a week or two behind you, for a similar amount.

Don't call yourself a mug, though. The bank's actions make you feel like a poor business man/woman and I'm sure you're not. How much further forward would your business be if you had that £6352.50 in your account now? My business t/o £75k when I closed my account with Lloyds 2 years ago. T/o now £300k! No thanks to them. There is life after Lloyds !!

Why the DPA letter? Is it because you have no statements before Jan 03?

We're not mugs, but we have been MUGGED !!!

Good Luck

Elsinore

Hi Ricky,

When you get your DPA info through it might be worth entering in the info into Vampiress' spreadsheet to calculate the overdraft interest that you have been charged on the unlawfull charges-it could well be substantial. I hav eonly got experience of claiming on a personal a/c I'm affraid, but would have thought that it would be a good idea to arrange another business a/c facillity as well. It would remove the possibility of Lloyds using a/c closure as a threat against you.

It's bad enough lloyds getting their claws into your personal finances let alone business finances.

There have been a few threads on business a/cs-try doing a search on them, you might find some useful info there. Otherwise I'm sure that someone with more knowledge in this area will be along soon.

Thanks for your support Elsinore and HD.

Elsinore I only have statements back to end 03, rest in storage so along with tons of paperwork, quicker to get Lloyds to resend, as I do not have the time to go searching in the storage, also going to split claim as I have an ideal it may be quite large. Oh by the way yeah your right so going to chage mug to been mugged !!!

HD, have checked and keep checking other to see where they are with their claims.Thanks again you guys and good luck to both of you.

Ricky

Hmmm! Somewhere I have read that split claims have to be carefully planned, if not avoided. Are you splitting to keep individual claims below £5000, or do you have separate accounts? Try searching 'split claim' on BAG site (there are 7 results on Lloyds forum alone)

Elsinore

Suggest you also search for 'sever'.

Bear in mind the cumulative effect of penalty charges can be significant. If you sever you lose the cumulative effect of a previous period on your claim.

Regards,

Bean

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Hi Bean

Thanks for advice, I do know the earlier charges will be quite small compared to 2003 onwards, so will have to decide best route.

Just had the standard letter back saying "Thank you for taking the time blah blah blah".

Did laugh though when Ms Siddique wrote "I am prepared to accept your request under the DPA", yeah ta love.

Next stage of the process about to begin.

Ricky

How kind - to accept your DPA request! Step-by-step to restitution.

Regards,

Bean

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Hi all,

Received DPA info', new total calculated Since May 2000 £7365.00 + interest and costs.

Decided to go for the whole lot in one hit, have now sent Letter before action to Ms Saddique @ the Birmingham office (one step at a time). They also sent me the DPA info' I requested for my personal account, so that one I will tackle next - on a roll.........

Ricky.

P.S,

Just out of interest, anybody else running two claims (different accounts) against the same bank, any feed back would be grateful.

Regards

Ricky.

Dear Ricky,

Yes I am Running three claims with Lloyds:

1. For Current Account

2. For Visa Credit Card - Trust Card

3. For Master Card

These are all with lloyds so far I have sent one DPA request for all three accounts on one letter and have been sent Statements for my Current Account. I have also been sent statements for my Trust Card Visa, I can see in the envelope that it seems the MASTER CARD statement is also enclosed. I have not looked yet as I like to read all those statements at work. I go to work with mine and spend all day reading this forum. I work in IT by the way so have the time to do this at work as well.

Will be sending my prelim letter in the morning for all three accounts and in one LETTER!! I feel it just keeps things easy simple and quick. You seem to have one step further than me but will still keep you all posted.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE and LONG LIVE the BAG!!!

:o :o :lol: :D :D

More Power to the PEOPEL!! LONG LIVE the CAG!!!

Hi All,

Just had the standard reply back from David Just of Lloyds, in which he writes "I do respect you opinion about our charges" (my opinions ????, also notice the letter writing skills of an assistant manager "you opinion").

Sorry moving on, now that I have had a reply back from Lloyds, do I proceed to the next stage (money claim) or do I wait as indicated in my letter the full fourteen days.

I have also sent a prelim' letter for my joint account, I presume I have to wait for an official and seperate response from Lloyds before sending the second letter.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Ricky.

Hi Sharemaster 2,

I also have three accounts with Lloyds, one business, one joint and a CC account, have now DPA'd the CC account, so appears in a similar position, good luck with your case, I have just started to notice Lloyds are being very awkward with other stuff (internet not updating, and lots of phone calls??)

Ricky.

• 3 weeks later...

Now just about to start moneyclaim as 14 days (letter befoe action) now up on both accounts.

A quick bit of advise needed please. Am I correct in running one claim for the business charges and one claim for the personal charges, or do you just lump it all in one pot.

May thanks

Ricky.

You would have to do two seperate claims as there would be two different claimants.

One claim would be You v Lloyds, the other would be Your Business v Lloyds.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Help needed again !

Sorry forgot to ask. If a bank holds statements/information about you (charges) from May 2000 to May 2004 on microfiche does this still come under the DPA, because Barclays (sorry seperate claim) are telling me it is outside of the act and they are not required to produce this information under the DPA because they are not structured by reference to criteria relating to individuals, but of couse will do it for £3 per sheet, sounds to me like B######S but not come across this before. Any help will be much appriciated.

Ta

Ricky. :confused::???:

Hi rickyr,

I too have personal and business accounts and am starting for now with my 2 x personal accounts, will be over 5k too. That's a lot of money they owe you on your business account over a relatively short period of time, I can only imagine the grief that went along with those charges too which you can't put a value on.

I'll watch your case with interest but I take it your business account is still live?

Do you not have a current overdraft or loan that is dependant on that account remaining open, or have you facilities available for business banking at another bank?

Good luck!

Good morning, This is all new and a little daunting but as Lloyds have charged us in the region of £4000 in the last year alone and my business has suffered I have decided to reclaim all charges. HELP!! Not sure where to start, is it best to request detailed info of charges from them as do not have all bank statements to hand or to inform them that we will be taking action against them. Also is it best to address my business manager or send to customer services

Thank-you

flamingel

Hi all,

Taken the leap and issued on 19/06/06 - deemed to be served on 21/06/06 Today cool), Claim no: 6EA01000, claiming £7365.00 plus £250.00 costs and interest @ 8%.

Will not wait and see if they are going to respond this time with one of their stock letters.

Downsouth - I cant even begin to descibe the amount of grief I have been through with this bank, especially as I was in the middle of a seperation and now divorce (over money, thanks Lloyds), so yeah lots of grief. The business is just coming to a close as I am about to go overseas (permantly), but have been using another account I set up a little while ago once I knew this might go legal.

Flamingel - Best thing to do is have a really good read in the FAQ and proceedure sections (really worth every minute spent reading), also have a look at some of the other cases so you get a good feel about things, then DPA them, calculate what they owe you once you have all the info', then start first letter, second letter, then issue, looking at what you think they owe you its got to be worth it.

Good luck to the both of you.

Ricky.........

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

1st sorry not updating for a while, so story to date:

Went to local county court and filled out the claim, Paid the £250 fees and the claim for £7365 + costs was deemed to be served on 21st June 2006.

LTSB acknowledged claim on the 28th June 2006 indicating their intention to defend my claim, they have 28 days (from 21st) to enter their defence.

LTSB are using Sechiari Clark & Mitchell (SCM), yet I noticed throughout this LTSB forum that most people are dealing with MJ, is anybody else dealing with SCM ?

Now just waiting for their defence, should be interesting if not anything else.

Also decided to sort the business account out first before tackling the joint and CC accounts, although both have been DPA’d and 1st and 2nd letters sent, but will hold on until settlement sorted.

Ricky.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks