style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im new to this site and would require some help. I would like to pursue charges made against me by Yorkshire bank for unpaid direct debits etc. Having read FaQ I would like to proceed with trying to obtain my money back.

Does the fact that I am no longer with Yorkshire Bank affect the way my claim would go? I left 2 years ago as I was fed up of their attitude towards various things and the way I was being put into further debt by them. Since I left I have sorted myself out financially but find myself now with a bad credit record.

What is the first step now, is it to send the letter asking for details of charges against me for the last 6 years with a £10 fee (should I send cheque or cash?)enclosed?

Hi Freddy,

Send a cheque with the letter. The fact that you no longer bank with them is not an issue. I left them in July 2005, so i'm in the same boat as you.

Best of luck mate.

Prelim letter sent - 29/12/06

'Go away' letter recieved 05/01/07

LBA (7 day to sort it) letter sent - 05/01/07

'Will look in to' received - 10/01/07

Claim submitted - 16/01/07

Date of hearing set for 21/05/07

Offer of charges plus costs rejected - 17/04/07

Offer of charges,interest,costs accepted - 25/04/07

I CLOSED MY ACCOUNT WITH YORKSHIRE BANK IN DECEMBER AND STARTED PROCEEDINGS.

I am at the stage where I have threatened them with court action and I got a cheque last week for £456.50 which is 1/3rd of what I claimed. I have sent it back and asked them for the full amount.

Dont be phased it can get complicated but there is lots of help on this website.

Good luck

Mitsu53

• 1 month later...

Well I received my statements after 38 days after their acknowledgment. I have added everything up and it comes to the total of £2803, so am on the next step of asking for my money back.

Gonna send off the letter this morning recorded delivery, just a question though do I just send the letter from the template or do I send photocopies of evidence of their charges which would amount to around 50 pages?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks Govivit, also I know im being a pain but on the letter I have put that they owe me £2803 plus the 8% (£224) which comes to £3027. Is this correct or do I need to subtract that?

Thanks in advance.