eldridge v natwest

roncarron
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we have recived our statments for the last 6 years and they arived in only 7 days looks like natwest have got thair finger out ,, have yesterdat the 21 st of feb taken the first letter into our local bank and got recipt for it and the lady said she has had alot of them so now we wait and see claiming £3,946.03 that is with intrest so lets hope all goes well

There have been many cases where NatWest have paid out at prelim or LBA stage so you could be in for a pleasant surprise.

However, do make sure you keep on top of this and do not let your deadlines pass or allow yourself to be put off by their tactics or that of their solicitors if they should become involved.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note, but its up to you. If I were you I would send the letters, i.e. Prelim and LBA to the Borehamwood address. Mr. Stuart Higley. You tend to get answers from him, albeit wrong answers, but at least an acknowledgement of your claim, so you know its been looked at. I would send recorded post the LBA to Borehamwood. But tis up to you.

update natwest offer letter recived for £3,267.00

this is without intrest but we have decided to accept this offer as its better in our account than out of it so we will take the offer,,,,,

will advise when the cque arives thanks to all at consumer action will donate when cqe arives again thanks to all and to all others go for it get it back

Congratulations!!! :D:D:D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Guest NATTIE

Congratulations!! I hope that this will not lead to a post about no cheque and the money being paid into the account(i am guessing on this last bit).

today i recived a letter from natwest dear mr stuart higley after they sent me a offer letter as a good will thing , i sent back a responce that i wanted to be paid by cqu as i did not want that amount payed into a closed account ( but you might think that they know this fact ) i said i wanted to pay it into another bank , but here we go the reply stated that i quote MY OFFER WAS IN FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT WITH PAYMENT TO THE ACCOUNT DESIGNATED AND REGRET THAT UNLESS IT IS ACCEPTED IN THAT MANNER IT WILL BE NECESSARY TO WITHDRAW IT, IN THE CIRCUMSTANCES THE OFFER IS OPEN FOR THE NEXT 10 DAYS AT WHITCH STAGE IT WILL BE WITHDRAWN

so now i will wright back and say i cannot accept this money going into a closed account and will now issue court papers in 10 days

any other help on this has anyone else been at this point ???

Guest NATTIE

was it for the full amount that you claimed? If yes then you have to accept because you have no case to go to court with

it was for the main amount but with no intrest , but how can i accept a offer to pay to a closed account it will be no use to me at all i wont be able to use it as its a closed account ,,,, and the offer was without intrest £3287 i claimes £3967.02

there is no dedit this is all just bank charges for the last 6 years we changed accounts 1 year ago because of all the charges the account was closed with it sitting at £oo.00 we are just claiming charges and they want to pay it to a closed account i dont see how they can do this there is no account now i have a statment with account closed on it

Guest NATTIE

In that case i would ask them if you have an account open. Did you close the account and get a closing statement that would have confirmed this?

I think a cheque would be sent out if you can confirm that the account is closed.

Easy peasyily solved. Ring Mr Higley on the telephone number at the top of the letter you received. Tell Him, you are not being difficult but the old account you had is now CLOSED. Cannot therefore pay money into it. Im sure he will see exactly what you are saying once you speak to the man himself. Or at least one of his staff members in that department. Get them to check the old account number whilst they are actually on the phone with you. That should soon solve problem once they see account is no longer open. You can then ask them to send CHEQUE PLEASE. Many thanks. Sometimes there are so many different people involved in the claim, i.e. you get letters from different peeps in different departments, and sometimes they cross wiith each other, etc. etc. So If I were you I would go straight to the head honcho on the phone and explain. That way he knows himself then the account is closed hence why you asked for cheque. Dont deal with the other departments or peeps on the way, as you will only end up having to explain several times to several different pees. GO STRAIGHT TO THE HEAD HONCHO, or at least one of his team on the number on your letter. Make sure you get their name so you can refer back to them in event of any problem, i.e. no cheque. All the best. Fendy xxx

just sent a letter to natwest

Dear Mr Stuart Higley

Further to your letter dated -----------,

You state that my conditional letter, well by the responce to it , it seems that your letter was very conditional in its self.

I refuse your offer to have this amount payed into the account designated and into the bargin i consider it to be the deliberate intention of the banks style of litigation.

I must say that I do find it somewhat of a punitive goodwill gesture that you will only pay this into an account that is no longer in use to us and to what I have no access. What point can this be I ask myself.

You offered the amount of ----------- and then you say it can only be paid into this account. This is not true NatWest can and has issued cheques to people as I have other people that have claimed and have been sent cheques, I am willing to accept your conditional offer but paid via cheque made payable to --------- and not to a set account so it can be paid into an account of my choice. I do not think that this is an unreasonable request, and I’m also shore that the courts would also see this as a reasonable request from me to sort this matter out.

In relation to this im shore your share holders will love this waist of money in court action, today we as people don’t give in when we know we are right

I note that in all cases at the 11th hour you seem to settle the figures in question rather than stand in court and fight this out to the end, over 15,000 cases have been sorted at the last moment and none to date have been tested in the courts.

All I ask is that this amount that you are willing to offer as a goodwill gesture is paid by cheque to me; I cannot see the problem with this.

Could you please supply a reason that this amount has to be paid in this way, and by what banking rules you are using to found this as to date I see none and can see this as a way of trying to force me to use this way to sort it out

but I will say I’m willing to go all the way with this matter I will not be bullied or forced into anything, but this will only add to the final costs as I’m willing to accept this without the interest, at this point if payed by cheque to me without restrictions on the cheque ie what account to be payed into., but if I issue papers in the ------- county court then this will be for the full amount with interest and all costs.

I do notice that NatWest uses a company called Cobbetts for their court cases where they get you to go all the way throe the county court and then at the last minute offer a full settlement including all costs. If this is what you would like to do them I’m more than willing to add to the amount above by adding interest and also court costs and also legal fees as well.

I will have no problem with this and with this letter I issue my last letter before proceedings

I would also request a full break down of how you come to these costs for charges,

I look forward to your responce to this letter on all points raised , and not with standard letters

Again i will accept your offer of --------- in full and final settlement via a cheque made payable to me so i can pay it into an account of my choise.....

Ron,

You have un-fonted yourself now. You are right to request payment by cheque, but whether they will is another matter. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Good luck Ron I would stick to my guns too and demand that cheque your letter says it all

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums