Ruthbridge & SAR

Guest jamesroberts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi could you help me fight against Ruthbridge. They are making my life misrable. Please please. melchie

Melchie,

Just send the cca request to them.

I would be very suprised if they have the paperwork they need.

If you need any further help start a new thread of your own and the Ruthless fan club will soon be there

• 2 weeks later...
hi all i am to getting grief off these clowns (ruthbridge) a guy named david davies?

in respect to a debt to city finacial for £980

i have offered instalments and made an offer to settle but they are not interested any ideas as they are threatening me with bankrupcy and seizure off assets , there is no ccj registered for this debt but it shows as a default account to hillesden secureties! any help and i would be very grstefull thanks

I have had exactly the same, they are stating that they will bankrupt me. They will not accept a payment arrangement. Have they ever bankrupted anyone before? Please, please, please help :)

Hi there, please don't worry. These are just the usual scare tactics that these utter morons use. They are trying to frighten you into paying up. They send this type of letter to everyone. I've even had one myself. As for making you bankrupt, it's my belief that a CCj would have to be registered against you first and then you would have to be in default with any payments which, the court had told you to make.

First of all, you need to write to them and request a CCA,( copy credit agreement )and full statement of the account which, will detail any charges put onto the account. With your request, enclose a payment of £1 for this service. Send a postal order as, if you send a cheque, they will have a copy of your signature and with these prats, it's possible they may try and copy this.

NEVER, EVER TELEPHONE THEM. ALWAYS DEAL WITH THEM IN WRITING AND KEEP COPIES OF EVERYTHING, THEIR LETTERS AND ANY YOU SEND TO THEM.

I'm sure there is a good letter on here somewhere which, you can use to write to them making your request. Also, in your letter, it would probably be a good idea to ask them to only deal with you in writing and not to phone you as per your rights under The Data Protection Act.

In my case and many others, if you read some of the other posts, they have not responded to the cca requests.

Finally, don't let them get you down and don't worry. I'm certain, someone else will be able to poit you in the right direction regards the letter to write as I'm sure somewhere ther's one.

they can only advise their client and cannot be for less than £2500.

Actually you can pertition for bankruptcy on £750 or anything over.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Actually you can pertition for bankruptcy on £750 or anything over.
Its highly unlikely that Ruthless would make you bankrupt for such a small amount. Besides they would have a few legal steps to go through before they could go down that road even assuming they have an executed CCA which they probably dont

I never said it was likely ODC, I was just correcting the previous poster.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

i wouldn't worry too much about ruthbridge..... they have been threatening me with bankruptcy for the last couple of months or so , but ive yet to see a statutory demand.

they are just a team of bullies trying to scare you into paying up by threatening bankruptcy....just think....it would cost them at least £400 to set the ball rolling, and they would have to prove you owed them the money , in most cases, people declare themselves bankrupt to get rid of the debt....they won't do it to you because 9 times out of 10 they wouldn't get anything anyway ( and they know it ! ).

There's a guy at ruthbridge that call's himself josh hughes - i hope he reads this because just for the record, i won't be topping his comission up this month, and, i'd advise anyone out there that's being hassled by these fools....don't give them anything....if they call you don't answer ( or hang up on them ) , if they write to you - throw the letters in the bin. ruthbridge will not take legal action against you....trust me.....they don't.

We are supposed to live in a democratic society , so why the hell these menaces are allowed to threaten people and get away with it is beyond me.

stand firm people.....they can't chase you forever.....pay them nothing !!!

its a shame they can't go and do a constructive days work.

I sent a SAR to ruthbridge about 25 days ago giving them 40 days to reply with details of the debt ect and today i received a letter. No not with any information of the debt but from their DEBT COUNSELLING DEPARTMENT asking to call their PRIORITY DEBT LINE to arrange monthly payments. This has made me laugh so much because months ago when they spoke to me they said the company does not accept installments what a U TURN but there still not getting anything off me without proof of ownership of the debt and sending me a copy of anything that i signed that says the debt is mine. If they dont I will have to report them lovely. Am i doing this all correctly please tell me if i am in the wrong Please cheers.... NORBERG

Oh and the name has changed now heres a new one for you Mrs Lindsay Powel. whats even funnier the prnted signature is spelt Lindsay Powell and the name is Lindsay Powel od they cant even spell their own names ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Well, sometimes putting a search in Google can reap benefits.

I am, you would never guess, another poor Ruthbridge hassled person.

I have a debt from a credit card. Hubby and I are sorting out our other debts, this one just got lost, no paperwork anywhere for it. Everyone else is fine, things being paid off.

May this year, Dave Davis telpehoned about the debt. Straight away said bankrupcy. I laughed. We have nothing, live in a rented house, no car etc. I asked him what he would take. "That is for them to decide not me" He is a charmer. He has said, not recently, that people would visit the school my son goes to and tell people about it.

I have been in contact with a debt agency, they have been very helpful and I have sent out a few letters. Nothing happens.

Sent a £5 PO, they have cashed it, heard nothing.

Davis telpephoned yesterday, yes, still making me bankrupt. I told him all I know legally. He said it is rubbish (!!) and a doorsteping will take place.

I have written today saying I want no more bullying intimidating telephone calls, they will accept my off of £5 per month or all telephone correspondence and paperwork is going to rhe Office Of Fair Trading. I also put in"it is in your best intersts not to ignore this letter".

I am sure he telephones me as he cannot make premium rate calls at work. I am just as rude to him as he is to me.

I have been reading the templates for the CCA. Could I use this if I have sent payment? Is it of any good to me at all or only for statute barred debts.

Oh yes, the debt is £1088. BUT , as we rent-even though he did not believe this he had reduced it to £761. I do not know where this came from. I do not have this in writing, I did say in the letter he applied this.

Anyway, nice to know it is not just me, and yes, still feeling stressed, but hopefully I will start sleeping after reading these posts.

Sorry, one last thing. He asks for my husbands earnings, I have been advised I do not need to do this.

Yes make Ruthless prove you owe the debt and that they have a legal right to claim it. NEVER EVER SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE. I suggest you read some of the other Ruthless threads just so you can see what lies and bullying they are capable of. Post a link to your new thread and you will be surprised at the help you will get. No one on here has any time for the bullyboys and girls of RUTHLESS

• 3 months later...

hi, i am new to this site! i found you through google, thank god i did.

I hve been recieveing letters and abusive calls from ruthbridge for the last 3 months. this debt is nothing to do with me, they are after my sister that left my house 7 yrs ago. still they keep ringing and threatening me. They are saying that i hve been incorrectly filling out electorol forms, by their records my sister is still registered at my address! i hve since been in contact with my local council and checked this and she is defo not on there. Ruthbridge told me that i was a liar and that they are getting the police involved as i am commiting fraud (coz my sis is supposed to be registered at my address). i recieved a call today from mr davis and he again told me that i was a liar and that they are sending somebody around to my road to ask my neighbours if my sister live at my address and if she lives with me and if i am her! i have rang the citizens advice already and they told me that all of this is empty threats but it still makes me miserable and depressed as i feel that i am under investigation. please can someone help me?

Sadly Jemma this sort of behaviour is fairly typical of the way in which this company and its employees seem to operate. However that said there are many remedies open to you to curb them.

Firstly the letters are not addressed to you but your sister so legally you should not be opening them. You should mark them clearly NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS - RETURN TO SENDER.

You do not have to put up with bullying and intimidation from these people. They are in fact the ones breaking the law not you and they are more likely to be in receipt of a police visit than you.

In future if they ring simply hang up on them and keep a detailed log of all calls. You will need this to report them for breaches of the law. Better still record all calls from them (or at least tell them you are)

Have a read of this excellent sticky on the subject of telephone harrassment http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/99376-telephone-harassment-action-plan.html

As for calling with people in the street and spreading malicious falsehoods about you or your family there are laws to deal with this sort of criminal activity. Ruthbridge or their employees are unlikely to call to your street as they prefer the anonymous telephone threats instead ALLEGEDLY.

They are bullies and as such are easy dealt with.

USE THE LAW

Stand up to them

thank u! i know i shouldnt have opened the letters, i did so as they were getting more and more frequent, i was also recieving letters for her from 2 other companies! i rang them and have since left me alone! However, Ruthbridge just keep pushing and pushing. i have rang them 6 times telling them that she doesnt live here. In future though i will hang up and i will mark the letters and send them back. is there anything they can do though as im getting really paranoid about it all? thanx for your advice:)

They can do sweet FA. You are not the person who they allege owes the money so they should not in actual fact be discussing the matter with you. Even if you do know where your sister resides its not your job to supply them with this information. There are several BOG OFF letters you can send to these people. You should also be aware that you may receive a card purporting to be from a courier company asking you to contact them regarding a parcel they have for delivery. Again another of Ruthbridges sill and illegal games