• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ruthbridge & SAR

Guest jamesroberts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest jamesroberts

Hi,

I have sent Ruthbridge a subject access request as they are chasing my partner for a debt that does not exist.

We today receive a letter from a numpty called jason evans from the 'scary' legal department. (Scary was sarcastic sorry!)

He tells me it is essential that she telephone their office immediately in order to deal with the issues we have raised in our correspondence.

Now, I have no intention of contacting them via the telephone for a debt that I know does not exist realising that they wish to use their trademark rude, bullying and obnoxious techniques.

Surely by writing to them for the information including my £1 postal order does not mean I want a chat it means send me the information as the law dictates you must, doesn't it?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jamesroberts

I was going to send them this-

what do you think?

Dear Sir

I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company whatsoever.

I write regarding your letter of the 20th of February 2007.

I shall not be contacting you via telephone and you will never contact me in any other way than by letter.

I do not intend to discuss this matter with you but I do expect you to send me the information that you are required to by law. The clock is ticking.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Yours faithfully

Have you noticed that both Jason Evans and Julie Edwards (Who sends out the anonymous letters to the occupier saying there is a special delivery) both have the same initials and also sign their letters using the same computer font. They can't even sign their own letters

Jason Evans and any other name you receive as a signee on Ruthbridge headed paper or from Swift or Express Delivery is fictitious. Anybody can say that they are somebody that does not exist and guess what, it's not illegal.

Write to them for the attention of Mr Emmanuel Ammisah who is the M.D. of the company and if you get a response from Stephen Tomlin, then this is the same person, so naughty are'nt they.

Have fun.

Guest jamesroberts

Well I am fuming!

I sent the subject access report request to our friends at Ruthbridge on the 19th of Jan, as mentioned above I had a reply from some probably non existant clown called Jason Evans asking me to phone their office 'immediately' following my sar to them so they can deal with the issues I have raised.

I sent the letter above saying we don't need a chat you just need to fulfil your legal obligation.

So, to summarise:

I have no idea what this debt is for- I have sent a sar which they legally have to respond to - they have acknowledged the receipt of it as they want a cosy chat about it- I tell them to put up or shut up.

So what do the really clever, highly intelligent morons at Ruthbridge do?

They have now sent another letter from our old friend Mr Evans with a scary heading, in capital letters and everything from 'LITIGATION & ENFORCEMENT CENTRE' (Hope that hasn't scared any of the weak hearted amongst you) telling us that they have been instructed by yet more friends of ours 'Cabot Financial Europe Ltd' to recover this amount.

If we want to avoid additional costs it is necessary to contact this centre to arrange a time for an agent to call- Oh NO, not an agent! Do you think it will be a secret agent gone bad like 006??

They have also kindly told me how I should go about paying them for the £6500+ that I owe them even though clearly neither them or us have any idea what we would be paying for!

Is it possible to sue these people in any way? They are clearly **** of the earth and deserve to be shut down.

This is surely demanding money by menace, they should be locked up.

What breaks my heart is the thought of some pensioner or another vulnerable member of society that they scare into paying a debt they do not even owe.

They are the most evil people I have ever encountered?

So, is there any way they can be brought to task for what they do?:x

Well I am fuming!

I sent the subject access report request to our friends at Ruthbridge on the 19th of Jan, as mentioned above I had a reply from some probably non existant clown called Jason Evans asking me to phone their office 'immediately' following my sar to them so they can deal with the issues I have raised.

I sent the letter above saying we don't need a chat you just need to fulfil your legal obligation.

So, to summarise:

I have no idea what this debt is for- I have sent a sar which they legally have to respond to - they have acknowledged the receipt of it as they want a cosy chat about it- I tell them to put up or shut up.

So what do the really clever, highly intelligent morons at Ruthbridge do?

They have now sent another letter from our old friend Mr Evans with a scary heading, in capital letters and everything from 'LITIGATION & ENFORCEMENT CENTRE' (Hope that hasn't scared any of the weak hearted amongst you) telling us that they have been instructed by yet more friends of ours 'Cabot Financial Europe Ltd' to recover this amount.

If we want to avoid additional costs it is necessary to contact this centre to arrange a time for an agent to call- Oh NO, not an agent! Do you think it will be a secret agent gone bad like 006??

They have also kindly told me how I should go about paying them for the £6500+ that I owe them even though clearly neither them or us have any idea what we would be paying for!

Is it possible to sue these people in any way? They are clearly **** of the earth and deserve to be shut down.

This is surely demanding money by menace, they should be locked up.

What breaks my heart is the thought of some pensioner or another vulnerable member of society that they scare into paying a debt they do not even owe.

They are the most evil people I have ever encountered?

So, is there any way they can be brought to task for what they do?:x

'Litigation and Enforcement Centre', it took ages to think up that snazy heading, but no, of course it does not exist. The only reason they want you to call is to get your telephone number and to obviously give you a hard time about the alleged debt.

Cabot are happy for Ruthbridge to employ whatever tactics they want because out of the six agencies that they use, Ruthbridge has always been way ahead of the rest of the competition. Having said that, nothing that you have been subject to so far is in any way illegal..devious, perhaps, illegal, no i'm afraid not and in fact as with all DCA's, all standard practice. There are no 'agents' that will visit etc....all you have to remember is that it is all and i mean ALL, bluff.

There is a well known saying in the debt collection business that bull.... baffles brains, with Ruthbridge they have some insightful knowledge (due to some retraining by somebody who will remain annoymous, cough, cough), but they mostly rely on the former rather than the latter.

Cabot are very, very poor at producing documentation, so do not expect to receive anything that you request, in the short term at least, if ever.

Regards

ITK

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jamesroberts

Ok,

An update, the sar that was sent to Ruthbridge on the 19th of Feb is coming up to its 40 day limit.

All I have had from them is a letter from 'Jason Evans' asking us to phone and talk about which I sent the above letter as response.

It seems they have decided that as we are being awkward at our actual address they will start sending threatening letters to my partners parents address??

These letters are still from 'Jason Evans' and have exactly the same ref no.s on? What are they playing at? They know the current address as we sent them the information request but are still sending 'notice of bankruptcy proceedings' to her parents. By the way there is no mention of this alleged debt on her credit file at any address and we have no idea what it is supposed to be for as they will not tell us...

Now, the 40 days are nearly up and I want to make Ruthbridge pay so what can I do to them guys.....?? :-x :-x :-x

Ok,

An update, the sar that was sent to Ruthbridge on the 19th of Feb is coming up to its 40 day limit.

All I have had from them is a letter from 'Jason Evans' asking us to phone and talk about which I sent the above letter as response.

It seems they have decided that as we are being awkward at our actual address they will start sending threatening letters to my partners parents address??

These letters are still from 'Jason Evans' and have exactly the same ref no.s on? What are they playing at? They know the current address as we sent them the information request but are still sending 'notice of bankruptcy proceedings' to her parents. By the way there is no mention of this alleged debt on her credit file at any address and we have no idea what it is supposed to be for as they will not tell us...

Now, the 40 days are nearly up and I want to make Ruthbridge pay so what can I do to them guys.....?? :-x :-x :-x

They will have committed a CRIMINAL OFFENCE someone here will give you details of a suitable reply. You have won

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

Hi I am having exactly the same grief with these clowns only I made the fatal error (I realise now!) of actually calling them when I received the letter asking me to call them. Oops

However, I requested CCA and SAR from them and their clients on Friday so clock is now ticking and if they wanna sue, bring it on.

I was going to send them this-

what do you think?

Dear Sir

I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company whatsoever.

I write regarding your letter of the 20th of February 2007.

I shall not be contacting you via telephone and you will never contact me in any other way than by letter.

I do not intend to discuss this matter with you but I do expect you to send me the information that you are required to by law. The clock is ticking.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Yours faithfully

have you actually sent off a CCA request?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Guest jamesroberts
But the leter you have send above is in response to a CCA request which is totally different from a SAR

O, my bad. I do get a bit confused as to what to call these things....

Thats the letter I sent and have heard nothing.

Hello, sorry i have been off line for a while, but back now.

Sadly there is little that you can do.

Regardless of what you hear from other parties, only the OFT will do anything and even then they would require a complete portfolio of complaints against Ruthbridge and whilst this may be growing, it takes a great deal to have any effect on a trading licence.

The initial action is to send in the DPA squad, who, i might add have made little difference in previous raids at the offices, other than to cause a little disruption.

Any legal proceedings taken against this type of company for minor complaints will result in little and in truth, they will still continue with the same tactics and be successful as well.

Ignore the letters to other add's, they are trying to prompt a reaction and will stop eventually..trust me when i say that Ruthbridge will not be taking any action which their letters claim they 'MAY'.

If you want a little respite, you can always write anonymously to Emmanuel Amissah (Managaing Director alias Stephen Tomlin) Mick Mecvoy (Team Leader... ho, ho, alias Brian Blair) and Ian Hunter (Team Leader alias Peter West).

Petty I know, but better than nothing.

regards

ITK

Guest jamesroberts

Thanks,

I guess I kind of knew that **** like this just ignore the law.

They should be locked up for their tactics.

Hello, sorry i have been off line for a while, but back now.

Sadly there is little that you can do.

Regardless of what you hear from other parties, only the OFT will do anything and even then they would require a complete portfolio of complaints against Ruthbridge and whilst this may be growing, it takes a great deal to have any effect on a trading licence.

The initial action is to send in the DPA squad, who, i might add have made little difference in previous raids at the offices, other than to cause a little disruption.

Any legal proceedings taken against this type of company for minor complaints will result in little and in truth, they will still continue with the same tactics and be successful as well.

Ignore the letters to other add's, they are trying to prompt a reaction and will stop eventually..trust me when i say that Ruthbridge will not be taking any action which their letters claim they 'MAY'.

If you want a little respite, you can always write anonymously to Emmanuel Amissah (Managaing Director alias Stephen Tomlin) Mick Mecvoy (Team Leader... ho, ho, alias Brian Blair) and Ian Hunter (Team Leader alias Peter West).

Petty I know, but better than nothing.

regards

ITK

Glad you're back IntheKnow - thought you'd left us, never to return!!!!

Just hate every DCA out there

• 1 month later...

hi all i am to getting grief off these clowns (ruthbridge) a guy named david davies?

in respect to a debt to city finacial for £980

i have offered instalments and made an offer to settle but they are not interested any ideas as they are threatening me with bankrupcy and seizure off assets , there is no ccj registered for this debt but it shows as a default account to hillesden secureties! any help and i would be very grstefull thanks

I am also having problems with Ruthbridge. I had a letter from them on 17 April 07. I then wrote to them syaing i did not acknowledge that i owed the debt and requested a CCA, addressed to MR EVANS or whatever his name is. on 24th April received a letter asking me to phone them, the fool i am did but there was no one available to discuss the matter 'Miss Jones' was not available and she only returned my call on 3 May, saying that she would advise her client CABOT financial europe to pettion for my bankruptcy, I asked her for my request, she said it would take too long to send them to me as she will be adviisng her clients within 21 days to start bankruptcy proceedings. I sent another request for CCA on 8th May when the 12 day breach, they have cashed my £1 against my debt and not sent the CCA, I have informed them they have a total of 30 days to send be my requested docuements and then they will have commited a criminal offence using the template on CAG, laying out the relevant legislation sections and sub sections. also no more telephone calls etc. etc.

30 days is up on 4th June we shall see what they produce.

They have already broken OFT guidlines in that they will only accept full payment and no installments, and when she phoned me she did not give identify herself and in connection with what.

If you have any dealings with Miss Jones be prepared she is a bit of a battleax and rather spineless B**tch.

I am in the middle of my exams at university at the momnet and if i fail i shall be suing for damages in the defence that she made me cry, feel miserable depressed due to suggestions of bankruptcy etc, what is the point of continuing at university if i go bankrupt. I want to fulfil my carrer dreams of becomming a solictor and helping other people in their fight against these bastards, dont let them get you down and keep remembering its all a big ploy and the bully tactics are just used to intimidate you into paying out what you dont actually owe.

• Haha 1

Guest jamesroberts

Do not worry about this. They will not be making you bankrupt.

These people are **** of the earth and prey on anyone that they can intimidate.

You must not deal with these people on the telephone and only do so in writing, I would be quite confident that they will breach the cca request you have made but I assure you they will not care.

Once they have broken the terms of the cca they are unable to legally persue you for the debt without a court order, they will continue to write threatening letters to you but you can then be safe in the knowledge that it is all hot air and they are unable to legally do anything.

Do not let these people get you down, they are the lowest form of life and you should not waste any timeeven thinking about them, they can not start bankruptcy proceedings whilst the debt is in dispute but I can pretty well assure you they have no intention of doing so they are trying to scare you into paying a debt they can not prove.

As soon as the cca date passes you must report them to trading standards and the other relevant bodies of which you can find templates on this website, if they continue to harass you it may be worth contacting the police as they are trying to obtain monies through malace.

There is an awful lot of advice on this website but I am confident you will beat these cowardly bullies.:rolleyes:

Ruthbridge phoned today 3 times each time told them that i would not talk on the telephone and that they needed to write to me. on the third time MISS JONES managed to say she will be sending someone around in 14 days.

14 days happens to be the same day as the 30 day breach for CCA.

how many times constitutes nuisance telephone calls ??

if/when they send someone around do i have to let them in? 14 days they will have commited a criminal offence, surely that means that they need a court order to enter the property on and after that date??

HELP!!!

The law does not specify how many calls constitute harassment. If you feel harrassed that is sufficient. They are already in default of the 12+2 days. These people have NO LEGAL powers to enter your propety and you can ask the to leave and if they refuse you can remove them using minimum force. Better still call the boys in blue and get them to remove them. Miss Jones is talking poo

Guest jamesroberts

I have to say in my experience of this company it is all hot air.

She will not be sending anyone around but if a miracle happens and she does you purely need to refuse to speak to them.

Their representative has no power whatsoever and the only reason they 'send someone around' is in the hope they can scare you.

I am pretty confident of your resolve and I don't think you are going to be intimidated by either 'miss jones' or her threats.

Stick to your guns, your in the right not them.

i havent sent off for a cca a yet as they only contacted me last week but ive spoken to them and like i said offered what i consider to be reasonable instalments and even offered £500 to settle it,the clown on the phone hasnt even told me who the money is owed to so has anyone actually managed to sort out a good settlement with these people?

thanks!