Due In Court 9.30am 26th Feb!!! Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI ALL!

RECIEVED LETTER AS FOLLOWS;

"Your case has been transferred to the London Mercantile Court.

There will be a small claims hearing in this case and in several others which raise the same or similar issues at 9.30am on 26th feb. The hearing is intended to give directions for the hearing of some or all these cases in a way which saves time and expense.

It is hoped that all parties will attend but if this is not practicable the court will be pleased to consider the written views of any party provided that they reach the court no later than 21st feb.

Although some of these cases have been allocated to the multi track, it is the provisional view of the judge that the costs rules for the small claims track should apply to all of them.

yours faithfully"

So the chances of getting a payout b4 monday i can see are getting slimer by the minuite!! :eek:

better start getting a court bundle together.......i do think!!

any advice would be very welcome or reasurance that they may still payout b4 hand.

Has anyone had any experience with lloyds and court hearings?

eagerly awaite your replys!!

I think they'll settle before getting in front of the Judge if previous experience of other is anything to go by. See some of the Lloyds successes in the Success thread for reassurance.

Good Luck

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IANAL - Opinions offered are just my personal views and are not guaranteed to be correct. I have been known to be wrong (once or twice).

Claims in progress against:

Eldest - First Direct - Part Offer received - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/first-direct/79619-eldest-fd.html

Eldest - Halifax - Cheque Received Full amount - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/66254-here-we-go-eldest.html

Youngest - Halifax x 3 - Request for refund sent - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/79617-youngest-halifax.html

Eldest - unnamed Mortgage Provider for Charges and incorrect maths.

You should not just sit and wait for them to settle. You need to be prepared to take your case all the way. You are suing a bank and that is not to be done lightly.

I have no experience of mercantile, but please read this forum... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mercantile-court-cases-stays/

Good luck.

[

Thanks all for getting back to me. I have been reading the mercantile links which ive already found, printed etc and im slowly working my way through all this.

Didnt mean to come across as an airhead!!

Just wanted words of encouragement, wisdom, support and maybe any helpful tips.

Back to your post 1, you do not need the court bundle (unless you have another order that requests it) it is a preliminary hearing. See the link below for details of hearings:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

I cannot offer you much more advice on the Mercantile court, keep reading around, as Vampiress said - you will find similar situations to your own.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Hi all.

Just had a phone call from a Mr Thomas (Lloyds Solicitors) offering me full payment of charges, intrest etc. I accepted. :D

Will be phoning the court now to let them know.

Thank you all for your support and replies to this post.

EXCELLENT NEWS !!

Although they have acted true to form and taken until the last minute to settle, the advice of Vampiress and others to be fully prepared to take this all the way, and not to consider this matter too lightly or presume they will act the same way in every case is good advice to all viewing.

Incidentally, I was very interested in the judges provisional directions indicated in your letter

ie: That although allocated to Multi track that the costs procedure for small claims would apply. Very interesting, and shows the courts are sympathetic to not wishing to deter a claimants right to pursue the cases by exposing them to implications of costs liablity in Multi track.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Thank You all.

Yes have certainly learnt from this to be more prepared. Natwest is soon to be at this stage also. So should be so clued up on all this by then. Have done so much reading the past month.

From what i can read between the lines, is it true that the banks, if they had the choice, would prefere to go to a county court than mercantile? Could of totally got this wrong, but if not, what is the reason for this.?

Good luck trick in your case. let me know how you get on.

When i rang the court to let them know and to pause the case until the cheque arrived and cleared, they had already closed it as they had recieved a fax from lloyds stating that they had settled!!:rolleyes:

I have since sent an email to them to re-open and wait until they hear from me about the cheque.

Quite dissapointed in a sence that i wont be going to court, for the experience that is!

Might have to go along and sit in on one.

Anyway, thanks one and all and good luck in all your claims, im sure our paths will cross again in time. ;)