Keith Jeramiah!?

Guest Lueeze
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds to me like, in the absence of proof to the contrary, the judge has already deemed these charges unreasonable.:)

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Nicholas Hartigan no date yet just acknowledged

Barclays claiming £5269.63

LBA sent 17/05/2006

money claim filed 31/05/2006

court date 8th September 2pm

offered full refund 1st Sep

:D money credited to account :D

2nd September

:) Help this site to keep going please donate by clicking the button:)

Looks like we are neck & neck Ruskorod...... my letter is dated 08/06/2006

Barclays claiming £5269.63

LBA sent 17/05/2006

money claim filed 31/05/2006

court date 8th September 2pm

offered full refund 1st Sep

:D money credited to account :D

2nd September

:) Help this site to keep going please donate by clicking the button:)

Oops :Cry:

Defence arrived Friday... I have made a bit of a 'cock up' and forgot to include the schedule of charges therefore:

Item 1, puts me to strict proof of each charge and date thereof... (shedule and statement copies will accompany the questionnaire on return)

Item 2, The defendant is entitled to charge the claimant for unauthorised borrowing... blah blah...

Item 3, The defendants standard terms and conditions give a fair and transparent view of charges etc.. blah blah...

Item 8, It is averred that the said charges and interest are and remain lawful...

Mmmm... any comments apart from "Dom you are a nugget" for forgetting the schedule of charges?

My questionnaire must be back to the court by 28th June 2006... :-|

I have actually spoken to the illustrious "Mr Jeramiah" and without giving too much away, I would suggest that others here give him a call once the defense has been lodged by barclays- If only Barclays was run by him. He is the first sensible person I have delt with with barclays.

As I said, can't say too much but (nudge nudge) but my holiday to the US in Feb 07 is now a reality!! . Just give him a bell and lay the "cards on the table"- you may get a free "easy to attach Cheshire cat grin" !!!!

;):)

I'm so happy, so happy, so VERY happy

\"I Think you\'ll find our charges are fair and laid out in our terms and conditions Mr Butler....\"

good on ya krisbutler!

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

Bookworm

sure will donate- money will take about a week from barclays, then a donation is on the way!!!

if it wasn't for the guys and gals here we would not have had such a result

\"I Think you\'ll find our charges are fair and laid out in our terms and conditions Mr Butler....\"

Called Keith Jeremaih today. Stressed that I was not intimidated and would welcome sitting down in court with him, myself and the judge and discussing the legalities !

When i suggested that i felt that it was unlikely that he would travel over 200 miles to my local court he agreed. Admitted that thay can't chase individual cases round the country !

Has promised to call tomorrow with his response to my ask for full payment including fees and interest. I will be sending the 3 allocation questionaires in if no positive result !

Seems OK, told me that he was VERY busy !!!

Banks declare war on the Poor

Don\'t get mad get even !

Add me to the list of "also spoke to Keith Jeremiah today"

In all fairness, and contrary to some of the previous posts seems like a very reasonable chap and is obviously very busy at present.

I think Mr Jeremiah and his colleague Mr Peter Townsend at Barclays DPA are probably both going to more than earn their Xmas bonuses this year!

Hi file_wizzard

Just a bit intrigued here ! what do you mean by 'I think Mr Jeremiah and his colleague Mr Peter Townsend at Barclays DPA are probably both going to more than earn their Xmas bonuses this year!'

Thanks

Rebel

vs Barclays Bank plc - £1670+interest @ 8% + Costs Concluded 24th June 06 - 5% donation sent

vs Bank of Scotland - £2226.42+interest @ 8% + Costs SETTLED IN FULL 6th Aug INCLUDING 8% pre court.

Hi file_wizzard

Just a bit intrigued here ! what do you mean by 'I think Mr Jeremiah and his colleague Mr Peter Townsend at Barclays DPA are probably both going to more than earn their Xmas bonuses this year!'

Thanks

Rebel

Hi Rebel

Just that they seem to be the only two people in the whole organisation who have actually took a positive stance and are dealing with (in my experience) the whole issue in both a professional and amenable manner.

It is very easy to focus personal feelings about a company on an individual you come across as part of the process, but these two (amongst others) seem to be doing the best they can against a tidal wave of claims!

P.s I don’t work for Barclays!, just telling it how I find !

I don't think they'll earn their Xmas bonus at all... they'll have advised their client to settle out of court in each and every case they've presided over, instead of taking it through and winning LOL.

Guys, let's not get carried away with the fact that Keith "stupid-surname" Jeremiah is responding to our claims.

No disrespect to Mr Jeremiah (or other folk unfortunate enough to share his surname), but I expect he is no more than a low to middle-ranking bank employee, with little if any legal training, whose job title as "legal executive" gives him a 90% remit of replying to claims submitted by post or email. Simply stating the intent of Barclays to defend in full the relevant case. The other 10% of his job description probably involves urns, hot water, and lots of tea bags or decaf.

Slightly off track from the original post now, all I was saying was that in my own experience I found the now infamous Mr Jeremiah to be a help rather than a hindrance, and that once a defence has been filed, that it may be more expediant to contact him directly rather than waiting for court dates Ect.

I do believe that I have been consistently pushing people in this direction for some time....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3883

and gently coaxing people in this general direction... but it is not a course of action that I would recommend everyone pursues...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8423

:cool:

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Do we have a direct telephone number and/or email for said person so we can contact him and avoid the litigation?

I would prefer if people waited until they had received his number or contact details via the aforementioned court papers for several reasons:

1. Litigation is a serious matter, and people should not be attempting to communicate with a lawyer who operates out of Barclays main Litigation and Disputes department in Canary Wharf - without understanding the process and implication thoroughly.

2. Said person, as already mentioned, does not and will not have heard of you prior to acknowledging your claim (even then he has not actually seen any of your correspondance). Thus it would be inappropriate and pointless to contact him prior to the acknowledgement stage.

3. He is a lawyer, and only has remit to negotiate on the legal terms regarding litigation in favour of Barclays - and thus any negotiation prior is a settlement that would be authorised by a senior manager at Barclays (whoever it is that opens and replies to your original correpsondance).

4. If he becomes inundated with calls I expect they may begin to change their policy and not list direct contact numbers.

5. I do not want to encourage users into thinking that this course of action is a) suitable for all, b) a shortcut, c) guaranteed to succeed.

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

The contact details for the person “dealing” with the claim will be included on the defense form, although in reality the name given may not be the person actually dealing with the claim as I believe he is rather busy at present!

Although as Don Quioxte has stated, this is not always the best way to resolve your claim, and you should only do this if you are confident in your approach as you could theoretically jeopardize your claim if this is undertaken in the wrong context or manner.

Hi,

I'm just about to fill in the questionnaire, so Keith will have a little more to contend with.

p.s. I have also just posted the defence sent from his office, for those that may be interested to find out if all cases are defended the same.

It is headed Barclays Defence to the County Court.

Be Lucky.

I realise this post was well meaning and informative, but may I add some comments as to how I interpreted this advice.

1. Litigation is a serious matter, and people should not be attempting to communicate with a lawyer who operates out of Barclays main Litigation and Disputes department in Canary Wharf - without understanding the process and implication thoroughly.
I think we are all aware of how serious litigation is, I doubt any of us would be here trying to reclaim our money if we weren't serious about it. I'm sure that those of us prepared to take our claim to court, are equally prepared to avoid it if at all possible and will exhaust every avenue in doing so, as the courts themselves have recently requested.

2. Said person, as already mentioned, does not and will not have heard of you prior to acknowledging your claim (even then he has not actually seen any of your correspondance). Thus it would be inappropriate and pointless to contact him prior to the acknowledgement stage.
It appears noone at Barclays has ever heard of any of us until we are passed onto them from another department. He is no exception, just another in a long line of people.

3. He is a lawyer, and only has remit to negotiate on the legal terms regarding litigation in favour of Barclays - and thus any negotiation prior is a settlement that would be authorised by a senior manager at Barclays (whoever it is that opens and replies to your original correpsondance).
After being passed from person to person, department to department he appears to be the only person working for Barclays capable of making any sort of decision. Senior managers seem unable, or do not have the authority to make a decision for a full settlement. Mr Jeremiah has offered full settlelment BEFORE cases have gone to court, therefore it seems highly likely he could 'recommend' settlement to senior managers before litigation takes place.

4. If he becomes inundated with calls I expect they may begin to change their policy and not list direct contact numbers.
Well that's no surprise, up until now no one from the Barclays has ever given me a direct contact number. If the litigation department suddenly receive requests from people who haven't filed their action yet they may just start to speed up some of the claims.

5. I do not want to encourage users into thinking that this course of action is a) suitable for all, b) a shortcut, c) guaranteed to succeed.
Personally, a & b) I think people should be encouraged to pursue any action which helps a bank focus it's decision to avoid court action and settle disputes before they reach that point c) as we've been told so often on these forums ... going to court doesn't guarantee any success either.
:razz:the winner takes it all :razz:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks