boatboy v halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone

this is my first post after reading the forums for what seems like for ever but now I think im ready to go, so 1st letter in post to trinity road complete with p.o for £10.00.

I think its going to be interesting to find out just how much they have taken in charges over the past 6 years.

will keep you posted and will be back if they start being awkward as I expect they will.

see you soon boatboy

Hello and welcome Boatboy,

The cash will soon be back in your pocket.

Best wishes with your claim.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

statment request delivered 26/2/07 and signed for at trinity road.

Thinking of closing halifax account and using my other account to stop any skulldugery.

Can I nominate where I want the money paying( I know I might be jumping the gun a bit)?

Hi boatboy --

I successfully claimed back against the Halifax earlier in the year and whilst they say they reserve the right to close the account, I've not seen anywhere that this has been done after one claim!!!

You are now on your way to reclaiming back what the Halifax should never have taken from you in the first place.

Have a read of my thread (I'm not sure how to do a link, :o but if you click on my name on the side of this message I think you can get to it from there). I did very well from the Halifax and all in all from requesting statements to receiving the funds only took me about 6 weeks!!

You do need to be prepared for them not settling in full and issuing court proceedings. However, the Halifax do seem to be one of the better ones for settling before court (I think the penny has finally dropped that it costs them more to go to court!!)

However, if your claim does end up with the court, at least you can then claim back the "little xtra" in the form of the 8% interest from Howard Halifax.

Either way, you WILL get your charges back!!

Get your highlighter read!!!!

Best wishes -- if you need any help, just post a message and someone will get back to you.

jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• 1 month later...

They seem to taking their time sending out the statements.

Wait for the 40 days then send the next letter....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Letter 3

You could always give them a call to see if it will hurry things.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Rang Halifax today and spoke to someone called Tara to ask when i could expect my statments as 40 days are up tomorrow.

after going through the usual security questions, acc nos etc it appears that they have no record of my request.

I pointed out that the request letter had been signed for and postal order cashed.

Well im really sorry about that and will order them today and they will be with you in 7-10 days.

I am going to send non compliance letter anyway as from these forums it does seem that Halipratts to tend to tell porkies

Happy Easter Mr Brown

while waiting for statments to arrive i have been looking through ones i have and have noticed a little [problem]

to put it simply i have 2 accounts lets say A+B

wages go into A every friday

standing order moves x amount from A to B

B account covers all DD etc

A account is money to invest in pub, fast cars, wild partys etc (joke)

However when a DD is payable on same day (friday) due to days of month moving about(ie. 1st might be on tuesday but next month 1st might be on thurs) a bug appears on their system and guess what?

transfere from A to B does not take place untill the next day, and then what happens?

Yes you got it, snotty acidic letter informing me that their goof has cost me 39 quid.

Have a look at your statments and see if this glitch is common.

Regarding my previous update about halifax not having any record of my request for statments (5th April) well a strange thing has happened, on sat I got a letter informing me that statments had been ordered but the letter is dated 29th March! also 1 set of statments for one account, still waiting for ones for other acc.

maybe they will arrive tues

Must go get the highlighter out and count my pennies

• 2 weeks later...

Well the other statments turned up wednesday and all OK

postie keeps turning up every day now with more!

So far I have 3 sets of each, anyone else had this happen?

All from Trinity road as well. have I been put on a mailing list?