new claim against YB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone just starting a claim, I have sent for statements, time just about up on them, my partner set up this for her charges for info and i have used it as well,I have been off work today and spent most of the day reading these wonderful storys of success against various banks and feel a lot calmer doing this knowing there is help and advise out there...andy

Hi nicholag,

It took Yorkshire bank 38 days to respond to my first request, i think maybe a phone call chasing them would be the next step for you.

If you do speak to them make it clear to them that their `40 days to reply with your statements ` has exspired.

Also...Did they acknowledge your DATA PROTESTION ACT REQUEST..

I`m just a couple steps ahead of you at the moment ( regards reclaiming unfair charges )... Take a look at my thread you may gleam some infomation off that.

Hope i`ve helped.........Regards Swag Bag...

Hi to the both of you thanks for help firstly yes 40 days now up secondly i did recieve acknowledgement of cheque and they said they would comply,will now have to ring does anyone have a contact number for them.....i have read all over here there a real pain YB well im ready for a fight,i will keep a check with you guys just ahead of me for tips..ANDY

Hi to the both of you thanks for help firstly yes 40 days now up secondly i did recieve acknowledgement of cheque and they said they would comply,will now have to ring does anyone have a contact number for them.....i have read all over here there a real pain YB well im ready for a fight,i will keep a check with you guys just ahead of me for tips..ANDY

Try one of these

0141 242 4142

0141 242 4138

See my last post in YB Contact Details

;) If this helps please click the scales bottom left

Hi all today received statements but only for the last twelve months as they say the bank moved to a new system in 2005 and are in two different areas of the bank and it will take a little longer to get statements past 2005 is this just stalling tactics on there part any advise,by the way one years charges comes to over £800 which is a good start:o

This is interesting. At the start of all this Clydesdale only sent statements back to (I think) July 2005, but the ICO forced them to comply in full with all claims. Yorkshire Bank weren't a problem. I'm not sure what's going on.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi caro i see your name on here a lot you have helped a lot of people,well they have nt said they wont send them only that they changed there system in 2005 and it will take a little longer to retrieve pre 2005 and also because of the high volume of people claiming its taking them longer,I say take more staff on, i just wonder what to do next, dont know if i should make claim on the one year then make another when i have the rest?:confused:

You see my name a lot as I am a moderator for CAG with experience of Yorkshire Bank. I am seeking advice for you but please be patient. I know it's all worrying but it'll be worth it in the end.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Their new systems are their own problem. They have a responsibility to implement new systems in a way which allows them to meet all of their obligations.

I suggest that as soon as the 40 days are up that you complain to the IC and also begin an immediate claim for the money you do know about coupled with a claim for non-compliance.

With the recent revelations about CB's defence bankfodder could this be in anticapation the claimant will have to make more than one claim therefore rendering themselves barred from future claims?

I know its CB who are doing this but watch this space i say.

It is still worth putting in a complaint with the ICO as they were late, even though you have them now. The more complaints the ICO get the more likely they are to take notice and look more closely at YB. They've had to intervene before to make sure they met their legal requirements.

Hello All

Just reading the posts, I was supposed to get my 6 years statements by 28th feb, that was when the 40 days was up, when I phoned them I got the same response new computer system bla blah blah, Ive now got them back to July 05, and I (foolishly???) gave them extra time, until the 8th March. Should I complain do you think?

I definitely think that as many as possible should complain to the ICO to put pressure on the bank. They did it to us for long enough.;)

• 4 months later...

Hi all its been a while since i have been on i have been away and computer blew up so just got round to sorting this out,sent out statements and template of here saturday they recieved this morning as i sent special delivery sent them to address given by the ombudsman:

Mr McKirdy,

Clydesdale Bank Plc trading as Yorkshire Bank,

Clydesdale Bank Exchange,

20 Waterloo Street,

Glasgow

G2 6DB.

Just see what happens in 14 days claim stopped short at £1,493.00 will do second claim when successful for another about £550.00.Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone give a little advise as my last thread says sent out statements and first templete no reply yet monday is d day because of this test case of the banks, and them getting a stay of execution on claims would i expect not to hear anything by monday or do they indeed still need to reply,it seems to me that by stalling all claims it gives the banks free range to tie this up in red tape for years until people get fed up waiting, hope its worth the wait and the OFT dont bottle it under the wait of the banks.

The only claims affected are those where charges are being claimed back via the Financial Ombudsman Service. Business as usual I would say, so stick to your timetable and carry on regardless of what the OFT are doing with the banks.

I did ring the ombudsman up and he gave me the address i used and they logged it as a complaint mainly because i was recently made redundant and the bank took what i had in my account to cover a small amount of my overdraught and then started charging me £8.00 a day £35 for sending dds back and a £25 pound charge charges what ever the hell that is and this matter is now sorted as i was given all this back and the bank manageress rollocked, although as far as i am aware i am still dealing with my own claim as he gave me the address to send statements a template to