Dlc

edandbern
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i have just called the funding corporation to ask them how much i still owe them and to my horror i have been told that they have sold the debt. they have not contacted me to let me know and i have been paying them 25 pounds a week under a special agreement due to my dad having died and it costing me a fortune. i have kept up this payment without fail and i am very upset that they can do something like this to someone. 8 months later my mum died and i just kept on paying them even though i could not really afford it. now they tell me that the debt has been sold to the dlc and im sure they will try to put more charges on top. is this legal and do i have to pay this debt collection agency, after all i do not have a signed contract with them. any advise will be greatly recieved.

E&B, can you try to give us some more info? Especially who they have sold the debt on to? There are loads of us in a similar position, and we are all learning a wealth of information, so I've no doubt you'll have no problem getting this all sorted out. The more info you can post here, the quicker someone will be able to offer advice.

And Welcome. You have come to the right place. :)

Seahorse

This company are lowlifes(funding corp) i was one month behind on a car loan i tried to get them to accept lower payments over a longer period of time but this was to no avail,they repo'ed the car on a sunday afternoon while i had friends round for dinner,no warning or letters sent, a bloke turned up in a brand new merc SK with wife in tow and just took it away....

Further more i must add Funding corp tried and are still trying to get me to pay the whole of the agreed loan with interest and changes some 11k...

They have sold the debt on 4 times to different DCA's but so far i haven't and will never pay em a penny....

I give you a tip about FC check out the details on the credit agreement they got the wording wrong on mine and this isn't the first time they have done this....they get confused on what interest rate to change you...

I threated legal action,they accept the car as full and final settlement as long as i dropped the legal action,i have this in writting ...

The last DCA is Cabots and they are failing just like the rest to get the money off me...

So my advice check out the agreement very carefully...you could be lucky like me and find a mistake...

• 2 weeks later...

hi, thanks for your advice, is it true that i can ask the debt collectors for a copy of the agreement that i signed to say i owe them this money, and that if there is no written proof that i owe them anything then they can go and whistle. as i do not remember signing anything to say that i owe them a penny.

• 2 weeks later...

re: dlc hi, i posted afew weeks ago about the above debt collectors. the story so far........... i have been informed by the funding corporation that they have sold my debt to the above. they have sent me a letter to continue paying them as it were the funding corporation. i have asked them for a copy of the loan agreement where it says they may transfer the loan. if i recieve this and it says on it about the transfer, do i have to pay them? sorry if i cant reply as soon as i would like as im not well with M.E. i hope someone can help me or advise.

re: dlc hi, i posted afew weeks ago about the above debt collectors. the story so far........... i have been informed by the funding corporation that they have sold my debt to the above. they have sent me a letter to continue paying them as it were the funding corporation. i have asked them for a copy of the loan agreement where it says they may transfer the loan. if i recieve this and it says on it about the transfer, do i have to pay them? sorry if i cant reply as soon as i would like as im not well with M.E. i hope someone can help me or advise.

Bump anyone ?

Just hate every DCA out there

Hello edandbern,

Do you mean you have sent a CCA request to DLC?

If so, when did you send it? Did you send it recorded delivery?

Jeff.

Hello edandbern,

Do you mean you have sent a CCA request to DLC?

If so, when did you send it? Did you send it recorded delivery?

Jeff.[/quote hi jeff, no, i have asked them to supply me with it via the phone which they have agreed to do. should i put it in writing?

Hi edandbern,

I would if I was you. Send it recorded delivery so you know when it has arrived.

When you make requests via telephone, you don't really have any proof of anything agreed. Unless you can record calls. 1 month later, they might deny that you made such a request!

Personally, I would only deal with them in writing from now on.

Jeff.

hi jeff, thats good advice, and one i will act upon immediately. thank you.

Hi edandbern,

Don't forget, they have 12 working days to provide the agreement. If they don't, they should not be asking you for money, and you can cease paying them until they provide the agreement. One month on from the 12 days, and they have committed an offence. You can then report them to everybody you can think of. Trading Standards, OFT etc.

In the meantime, I would only pay what you can realistically afford. Even if it is token payments of £1 per month!

If you do get some sort of alleged agreement from your CCA request, can you scan and post it? It will be interesting to see what they have sent you!

Good luck, Jeff.

Jeff.

hi jeff, i have told already that they will not recieve a penny until i recieve the cca.i will put that in writing for them tomorrow and keep you informed. i will gladly scan and post the agreement if they send it. cheers mate.signing off now,up early in the morning. speak to ya soon.

• 2 weeks later...
hi jeff, i have told already that they will not recieve a penny until i recieve the cca.i will put that in writing for them tomorrow and keep you informed. i will gladly scan and post the agreement if they send it. cheers mate.signing off now,up early in the morning. speak to ya soon.
hi jeff, the 12 days are up tomorrow and no sign of a credit agreement yet.

Hi edandbern,

Don't forget, they have 12 working days to provide the agreement. If they don't, they should not be asking you for money, and you can cease paying them until they provide the agreement. One month on from the 12 days, and they have committed an offence. You can then report them to everybody you can think of. Trading Standards, OFT etc.

In the meantime, I would only pay what you can realistically afford. Even if it is token payments of £1 per month!

If you do get some sort of alleged agreement from your CCA request, can you scan and post it? It will be interesting to see what they have sent you!

Good luck, Jeff.

Jeff.

hi jeff, the 12 days are up tomorrow and still no contact from dlc. i have sent them a request via recorded delivery for the cca,..................... not a dicky bird.