Removing vodafone defaults?

Flymo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm trying desperately to clean up my credit at the moment and have obtained a comprehensive credit report from checkmyfile.com.

i have found several defaults on my account from years ago. i was never told that my accounts were going to be defaulted, i simply recieved the default after missing a few payments. I'd like to add that it was Singlepoint uk and not vodafone direct.

Where will i stand on getting these defaults possibly removed? obviously they were all cleared of outstanding payments long ago.

Thanks

D

These defaults are simply indications that there was a delay in payment (not that you never did) and don't have the same status as a formal CCA Default (or CCJ for that matter). As you're not disputing there was a problem previously, the default is therefore a correct indication of the status of your account with Singlepoint at that time. If there was an error, you could try for removal, but as it automatically drops off after 5 years, it may be easier just to sit it out.

A CCA defautl has to follow a set pattern, stating the problem, what it will take to remedy... and is a legal requirement of a CCA process. AS mobile phone infractions are nothing more than a billing issue - they billed and you didn't pay, (for whatever reason) it is their way of blotting your copybook to get their own back. The only way to have it removed if the firm doesn't do it voluntarily is to get a court to rule it was unjustified and/or vindictive.

so i should be able to get them removed? they are causing imense damage to my credit score atm.

are there any template letters floating about for this as i can't see any.

thanks for your help mate, this forum gives people a lot of hope i'll say that for nothing! :D

D

You won't get them removed IF they're not in error - if it was an accurate reflection of your account at the time, then they'll refuse and there really isn't anything you can do except wait for them to expire naturally.

If you have a reason that you feel justifies the removal, then by all means wrtie (there won't be a template, the reasons for removal will be specific to you) they can only say no. But previous experience in the Forum indicates if the data is correct, they'll not remove it.

That's up to the firm checking your file, BUT I honestly don't think a mobile network's 'default' is anying much on the scale.... it is a long way behind a CCA Default, and the granddaddy of them all, A CCJ. They might want to think that they can destroy you with it - but perhaps this should be investigated further, as inappropriate 'defaults' mean the crime and the punishment are unreasonable.

im still a little confused as to the severity of these defaults. vodafone basically said i defaulted my account and then they closed it. i had to pay a massive sum to them at this point. there is now default registered against my name on my credit file.

so is this not a CCA default?

vodafone basically said i defaulted my account and then they closed it. i had to pay a massive sum to them at this point. there is now default registered against my name on my credit file.

so is this not a CCA default?

As I noted earlier, ant company can state you are in default and pass this information to their CRA as you gave them permission to. The can say you are in default because you didn't pay the bill they sent you by the given date. You could even have 18 defaults listed on a single contract because you paid late each time! There is no standard that these firms have to ahgere to, as one firms default is another's 'late payment'. Also, don't give the default credence, you say there is a 'default registered' in your name. No there isn't, this would describe a court issued CCJ, or less strictly, a CCA default - but on a tin-pot mobile company? Nope, it's simply a late payment and/or bad debt. I always wonder what the benefit is paying it off if the 'default' is marked as 'satisfied' (using a CCJ term) yet is still a blot on your record, it is illogical.

No, it's not a CCA default, as you didn't apply for credit, only a mobile phone.