• Tweets

• Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
    • That's a shame but not unexpected.  I'm not sure about your assumed  questions because I haven't been to court but I'm not sure about not accepting a criminal record. It could be a language thing but it isn't your choice unfortunately.  HB
    • Have you previously requested the agreement by a CCA request ?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

NuShooz vs Lloyds TSB! Here we go!!!!!***WON***

NuShooz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all - i've tallied up all my charges after getting all my info from the bank and have arrived at £1560.00.

after makining a shedule of charges using the simple excel calculator, i noticed there is a 8% interest field. do i include that ammount (£338.35) to the original £1560.00 when sending the request for repayment of charges letter? Or do i just ask for the original figure and ask for interest at a later date?

help!!!!!

James :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

this coming friday is my 14 day deadline regards my request for repayment of charges.

no sign of a reply as yet......

where do i go from here if the bank does not reply? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

hi all, the time has come to file a claim as i have not had areply from the bank following the letter before charges.

is there anything i should do now before i make the claim? do i have to send any more letters?

Hi

Lloyds have 14 days from the date the claim was served (it is served 5 days after you filed it) to acknowledge the claim, and then 28 days from the date it was served to enter a defence. You will then receive a copy of their defence and an Allocation Questionnaire to fill in. These links will help you with that:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 3 weeks later...

i messed up - had not had a reply and decided to check up with the claim on moneyclaim.

they suspended the claim and i have to resubmit a claim and claim a refund on the old claim.

regards the particulars of the claim that i submitted, do i have to put a figure in the folowing section (in red):

'(b) Interest

per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% -

£359.21 continuing at 8% until judgment or

settlement at a daily rate of £0.xx; '

• 4 weeks later...

i checked my claim on MCOL and it says that as Lloyds are defending the entire amount, the claim is being transferred to a court and that i shall be notified of the date.

do i have to put in a defence etc? i'm ****ting it now to be honest as i live in Dudley and fear i may have to go to the same court and judge in birmingham who ruled in their favour the other week.......:o :(

lloyds rang me last night and said if i would like to go into the branch on monday at 10:00am to discuss some things......

maybe they will make an offer before it goes to court?

maybe they will try to scare me into giving up as they have had 2 victories......

maybe they will try to sell me things like loans, house insurance etc and none of the above......

:confused::D

• 3 weeks later...

as per my last post - they tried to sell me loans and home insurance.....:mad:

since then, i've had my court hearing date set: 10th september 2007.

it states in the literature that the claimant must send to the court and to the defendant copies of all the documents he intends to rely upon at the final hearing.

what documents does that entail? i have already sent copies of my schedule of charges etc....:-?

• 2 weeks later...

the solicitors have sent a letter explaining that Lloyds TSB are to settle in full, plus interest and costs. £2049.77!!!!

WINNER!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

many thanks everyone for your help here! i would have been lost without you all.

:smile:

Wooohoooo! Nice one, congrats!!:-D Fantastic to see all these settlements in the last few days. Its total capitulation!!

Please remember to fill in the survey, and also please consider a donation if you can.

Thanks.:)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.