HSBC Business account total charges

chargeback
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Scuzziemoo, Yes let`s hope the honourable gentleman is feeling fine on Wednesday :)

As I understand it we are not required or to attend on the day, is that correct? Anyone ...

The information recieved from the court says

"IT IS ORDERED THAT the claim is stayed untill 27 June to be referred to District Judge Dudley in paperwork on 27 June"

Hope someone can advise

This is what I was sent

"Before District Judge Dudley sitting at Southend County Court (courts address blah)

Upon reading the court file and of the Court's own initiative

It is ordered that the claim is stayed until 27th June 2007 to be referred to District Judge Dudley in paperwork on 27th June."

So as far as I know, no we don't have to attend. Did you receive an AQ or defence from your bank? because I've received neither, and it's making me rather worried that I'm missing something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, i could really do with some help:

Ok, iv sent Hsbc the pre-lim and lba letters regarding all the charges i found on my friends Hsbc statements for the last 4 years(he's only had his business account for the 4 years!) but shortly after i sent the lba i realised that you have to get the 'breakdown of total charges' on his account to take Hsbc to court properly so after much hassle from Hsbc i now have those breakdowns in front of me and they are rather confusing, can anyone out there who has completed a business account claim already please give me a hand as to how to proceed from here?

Hi again, i could really do with some help:

Ok, iv sent Hsbc the pre-lim and lba letters regarding all the charges i found on my friends Hsbc statements for the last 4 years(he's only had his business account for the 4 years!) but shortly after i sent the lba i realised that you have to get the 'breakdown of total charges' on his account to take Hsbc to court properly so after much hassle from Hsbc i now have those breakdowns in front of me and they are rather confusing, can anyone out there who has completed a business account claim already please give me a hand as to how to proceed from here?

Hi there,

On the breakdown sheet it should list;(not got one in front of me at mo, so not sure exact format)

account charges, these are the legit charges for cheques debits etc

Debit interest, this is the interest they are paying in total whilst in overdraft, part of this can be reclaimed.

Additional charges or Services? there will be something like' excess overdraft fee, or recalled cheque or other named charges, These are the charges you can reclaim and usually multiples of say £27.50 etc, however last few years HSBC have been listing in £4.00 & £8.00 (calling it something else) increments as they changed to trying to charge that amount every Day you were in excess of the overdraft fee.

If you use mindzias spreadsheet, i found it easy to do a full summary sheet & includes interest charged on the charges whilst overdrawn.

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

Hope that helps, need anything else just ask

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Thanks for that!!

Ok, i have the sheets in front of me, here is what it says:

ACTIVITY COMMISSION- 0.00

ACCOUNT FEES - 3.50

OVERDRAFT FEES -100.00

TOTAL COMMISSION -103.50

DEBIT INTEREST -0.90

CREDIT INTEREST -0.00

So am i correct in thinking that the 'OVERDRAFT FEES' is the one i can claim and not the 'ACCOUNT FEES' or 'TOTAL COMMISSION'?

Ps- shall i send Hsbc a renewed lba being as my original 1st letter and lba are now known to be incorrect? Or do i have to now send a renewed 1st letter too?

Please help....:?

Thanks for that!!

Ok, i have the sheets in front of me, here is what it says:

ACTIVITY COMMISSION- 0.00

ACCOUNT FEES - 3.50

OVERDRAFT FEES -100.00

TOTAL COMMISSION -103.50

DEBIT INTEREST -0.90

CREDIT INTEREST -0.00

So am i correct in thinking that the 'OVERDRAFT FEES' is the one i can claim and not the 'ACCOUNT FEES' or 'TOTAL COMMISSION'?

Ps- shall i send Hsbc a renewed lba being as my original 1st letter and lba are now known to be incorrect? Or do i have to now send a renewed 1st letter too?

Please help....:?

Yes 'overdraft fees'

Looking at the debit interest there would not be much to claim there unless the rest of the time they were always overdrawn as you cannot claim interest on the charges if account is mainly in credit.

If account always overdrawn then there is interest building up as the overdrawn amount includes charges which should not be there. Need to do the spreadsheet to see if it s worth putting in with claim as HSBC seem to try to reject this part of the claim although it is perfectly valid part.

I would send a revised LBA with letter stating that since they have now supplied the correct information, your claim is for £**** and enclose the full summary of charges & debit interest ( if claiming).

To work out the debit interest you can claim back you need to fill in the spreadsheet using the charges sheet and the statements

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

'total commision' is just the total of

account comm

account fees

overdraft fees

all added together

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Hi, thanks for that!!

Just one more question- im not going to go for the debit interest so am i able to use Vampiress' spreadsheets instead? (because im not too sure of how to use the s/s you sent me) and just instead of putting 'Total Charges' like i did in my first two letters i should put 'Total Commission'???

No, for charges you put as listed on breakdown,

in this instance ' overdraft charges', if that wording changes on a different summary sheet to something else, that is what you put.

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Thankyou for this, i know it must be rather annoying teaching a dumbo like me how to do this so please accept my apologies!!

So is it ok to use Vampiress' spreadsheet? (without s69 8% interest, only use that when i file an N!)

Your not a dumbo, your me 4 r 5 months ago, so never apologise, we all came on here with no knowledge of how & what.

Yes Vampiress spreadsheet is good as well its just not the one i know how to work, and yes *% only when you file n1

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Thankyou, i feel a bit better about myself now, ha ha!

I have a small problem- im just about to put my first charge description on the s/s and it is 'Overdraft Fees' of £6.00 but there doesn't seem to be a clear date of the charge, all it says above the charges is:

Commission accrued from 24oct2003 to 23nov2003

Posting date 15dec2003

Debit int accrued from 24oct2003 to 23nov2003

Posting date 15dec2003

Credit int accrued from 24oct2003 to 23oct2003

Posting date 24nov2003

So what date shall i put in the s/s? - 15 december 2003????

**BUMP**

Thankyou, i feel a bit better about myself now, ha ha!

I have a small problem- im just about to put my first charge description on the s/s and it is 'Overdraft Fees' of £6.00 but there doesn't seem to be a clear date of the charge, all it says above the charges is:

Commission accrued from 24oct2003 to 23nov2003

Posting date 15dec2003

Debit int accrued from 24oct2003 to 23nov2003

Posting date 15dec2003

Credit int accrued from 24oct2003 to 23oct2003

Posting date 24nov2003

So what date shall i put in the s/s? - 15 december 2003????

yes, put that date. thats when it appears on the statement which would be 15th

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

LAST question i promise:

On this particular sheet i have this:

Activity commission 6.75

Account fees 2.50

Overdraft fees 15.00

Am i able to claim all three so long as i put them on the s/s seperately?

**bump**

LAST question i promise:

Activity commission 6.75

Account fees 2.50

Overdraft fees 15.00

**bump**

LAST question i promise:

Activity commission 6.75

Account fees 2.50

Overdraft fees 15.00

Ps- also on the original statements there are 'UNPAID FEE' and 'ARRANGEMENT FEE' that do not appear on the breakdown of total charges sheets, can i claim 'UNPAID FEE' and 'ARRANGEMENT FEE'??

No you can only claim the 'overdraft fees'

Activity commision is for each cheque, SO & DD item issued.

Account fees, i think is a monthly charge for running the account , not reclaimable, service charge.

You can claim the 'unpaid fee' but not the 'arrangement fee' unless it is what they have started using on recent statements for telling you they have agreed to your request for 'authorised borrowing ' which you never actually requested, but they put on to cover themselves for another unlawfull charge, and usually £25 per hit, each month you went over your overdraft facility, so although it says arrangement fee, you can claim it back. ( if unsure, put it on, they will not pay it if it is for a valid OD request) other wise they are trying to disguise them as legit charges.

However if it was for agreeing to a propper request for an overdraft request it is a valid charge, but this is usually £50 to £100 or more in one charge depending on the amount of the overdraft required.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

***BUMPY-BUMP***

LAST question i promise:

Activity commission 6.75

Account fees 2.50

Overdraft fees 15.00

Ps- also on the original statements there are 'UNPAID FEE' and 'ARRANGEMENT FEE' that do not appear on the breakdown of total charges sheets, can i claim 'UNPAID FEE' and 'ARRANGEMENT FEE'??

PLEASE help me...

Hi again, they have included 2 'ARRANGEMENT FEE's in the statements i originally recieved which total £110, now i would include these in my lba and subsequent court claim but in the two letters they have sent me states: 'i am not prepared to consider any claims that include any other services you may have previously requested on that were pre-agreed and notified to you. This will commonly include Money Transmission (cheques and credits), facility fees (Arrangement, Renewal and Temporary and Temporary), Stopped cheque charges, Aquiring charges and the monthly maintenance charge any of which may have been included within your claim'

So am i right not to include the 'ARRANGEMENT FEE's??

***BUMPY BUMP***

Hi again, they have included 2 'ARRANGEMENT FEE's in the statements i originally recieved which total £110, now i would include these in my lba and subsequent court claim but in the two letters they have sent me states: 'i am not prepared to consider any claims that include any other services you may have previously requested on that were pre-agreed and notified to you. This will commonly include Money Transmission (cheques and credits), facility fees (Arrangement, Renewal and Temporary and Temporary), Stopped cheque charges, Aquiring charges and the monthly maintenance charge any of which may have been included within your claim'

So am i right not to include the 'ARRANGEMENT FEE's??