• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HSBC Business account total charges

chargeback
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have 2 business accounts with HSBC that have both had their fair share of overcharging, I am in possesion of all the statements for both accounts.

A lot of the charges are listed as "total charges" and I understand that for business accounts this is a combination of non claimable and penalty charges.

I receive a breakdown monthly on a seperately posted Summary that just lists these "total charges" debits, unfortuanately I only have around 20% of these total charge breakdowns.

My question is if I contact HSBC with a request for 6 years statements will they not just send me the regular statements that I allready have and not the Summaries I need, mayby there is an alternative way for me to get a breakdown of these charges, I looked via online banking and it only shows the total "total charge" not the individual breakdown.

Has anyone obtained breakdown of business total charges over the phone ?

Cheers hope someone can advise

Tony

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also claiming for a personal HSBC account, due to my eagerness to get back my dues I have gone straight in for the jugular and sent the LBA by mistake! I was thinking of sending anoter amended LBA in 14 days but then it looks like I am not standing by my threats (14 days or court proceedings begin) anyone have any advice to offer?

• 3 weeks later...

Recieved a letter re my personal account from Mr Langdale saying they are looking into it ... yeah right, I resent the lba after adding overdraft interest charges (thanks Vampiress), 14 days till I can file the MCOL...

I am having a hard time of getting the breakdown of "total charges" from hsbc for my business account, they sent me copies of statements as I thought they would despite me making it abundantly clear I only wanted the summary of charges breakdown, I have made several attempts to get this info off them, anyone had any luck getting the breakdown off hsbc ?

Total Charges Saga continues...

Visited my local branch end of last week to explain that I had been sent the wrong information last week, they sent an internal mail (which i photocopied) stating that I want breakdown of business account total charges NOT more statements, guess what arrived today ? MORE STATEMENTS !! :mad:

Went into bank to ask why they are witholding this information with me and I informed them I had made every effort to get this breakdown of charges and that I believed they were purposely witholding the information, it had been 30 days since my original request and I had copies of all communication, end resullt was the mysterious total charge breakdowns appeared on their screens, am returning in the morning as they are supposed to make copies for me by then.

Time for MCOL on the personal tomorrow also so gonna be a busy day, oh what fun :)

Finally recieved breakdown of total charges for business accounts so now I can proceed with them :)

Filed MCOL for personal account today with 8% court interest, am I right in thinking that I can now hold out for the extra 8% if HSBC offer to settle ?

• 1 month later...

Time for a long overdue update, all this is regarding my personal account.

I sent DG and MCOL a breakdown of charges after the claim was served.

DG defended the claim at the last minute and I recieved notice that the case was being transfered to my local court and that an allocation questionaire has been dispensed with.

A few days ago I got this order from my local court

"Before DISTRICT JUDGE DUDLEY sitting at Southend County Court

Upon the courts own initiative

IT IS ORDERED THAT the claim is stayed untill 27 June to be referred to District dge Dudley in paperwork on 27 June "

I have not sent DG anything apart from the breakdown of charges when claim was served, I added the bit about "discussing overdraft with themselves and the judge in that letter tho.

Any advise on what action to take next ? have had a good look around and seen the threads about getting a stay removed becaude DG have requested it but my letter makes no mention of that, just what I have typed above.

Am i expected at court on 27th June ??

Anyone have advice on my previous post pleaseeeee :D

I was thinking of sending this nudge tomorrow.

Dear DG Sols

As you are aware District Judge Dudley of Southend County Court has ordered for this matter to be referred until 27th June 2007

I am contacting you again in an attempt to open a serious and sincere dialogue with yourselves to get this matter resolved before wasting any more of the court`s and our time.

I would be willing to accept £1750.00 as full and final settlement on this matter, I am sure Judge Dudley will approve of us settling before the hearing.

Should you wish to pay the money direct into my account, I will notify the courts the matter is closed.

I have again included a schedule of charges for your attention.

Hi CB, I got a court date yesterday, but letter is at home so cant check wording of it till later. I will check tonight to see if exactly same. I have sent 1 nudge letter on the 12th and had nothing from DG, so now with court date i will send second nudge in a day or 2.

You say that DG have asked for stay, but your Quote says 'Upon the courts own initiative' :confused:

If that is correct, it sounds like the court is giving DG & you time to settle before court date.

Have the court asked for an AQ or not.

Have a read up on Latties threads.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/71343-when-you-have-filed.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/78873-new-after-28-days.html

Your nudge sems fine.

I think you have to be seen to have contacted DG on numerous times to get the stay removed, basically to show you are trying to resolve but DG are not playing.

Good luck, i think we are about at the same stage, and im working on business claims as well but havent filed anything yet, it will happen soon.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Hi Celicaman

The Judge not DG ordered the stay, I think there is quite a few bank charge cases set to be heard the same time, I meant in previous post that I had read other nudge letters that mentioned DG had requested the stay but that does not seem to be the case for me, also I am not sure if I am even expected to turn up on my date as the court order just says

"IT IS ORDERED THAT the claim is stayed untill 27 June to be referred to District Judge Dudley in paperwork on 27 June"

All I have sent DG is the breakdown of charges and interest after the mcol was served.

Hi CB What i got yesterday, is a lot different to yours

Got my notice of allocation/directions hearing yesterday.

' Take notice that an allocation/directions hearing will take place on the 11th July at ****

When you should attend

20 MINUTES has been allowed for the hearing

Please note this case may be released to another Judge, possibly at a different court.

If this my court date, its not quite what i expected it to say

That is all i got , Castlebest reckons its the judge saying nudge DG, i think hes right.

I will forward your thread to him see what he thinks on yours

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

any joy on sorting out what charges are what on statements

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

RE Bank Charges

Only other thing to do, rather than send a total guesstimate which is a bit risky.

If you know how much each item IE cheque/ pay in credit SO & DD costs, List each and work out the costs, whats left is ( should Be ) the charges, the interest i think is always seperate on the statement, so not an issue.

At least if you have something close, HSBC can always knock back the ones that are incorrect, but also quite importantly, if you ever get in front of a judge, you could state why & how you have came up with the figures and say that because of the banks refusal/ inability to provide an adequit summary of the charges, you have had to work it out manually, and also Cite them breaking SARS by not providing the requested info, to which they should adhere to.

This might also shake their booty's into making an offer as it cites them as not providing info, yet something else to add to your bow.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Hi, I have worked out what charges are what on my business account but am not dealing with business at the moment want to get personal account sorted first.

I got a breakdown of my business accounts total charges from my local branch.

Hi CB, i am doing same with business, just waiting & getting a handle on all the things you have to do to process the claim, then i got 3 closed business accounts going back to 1989 to chase after,not including the 2 current business accounts, and im going to try for CI on them all. But of course once i start that little lot i will be asked to change banks, and need t srt ot overdraft & business Credit cards etc. Already just set up a new personal account at a different bank, cos i got a second claim to start on same personal account pre 6 years, so i reckon i will be off this years xmas card list lol

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Hi, I am in the same boat, I have been unable to obtain a breakdown of total charges for my business account. I think I may have jumped the gun though - my case is due for directions on 2nd July. Will my case be thrown out if I don't have this breakdown? How would I go about getting this breakdown now? Would they give it to me over the counter at my local brancj? Hope you can help..........

Hi, I am in the same boat, I have been unable to obtain a breakdown of total charges for my business account. I think I may have jumped the gun though - my case is due for directions on 2nd July. Will my case be thrown out if I don't have this breakdown? How would I go about getting this breakdown now? Would they give it to me over the counter at my local brancj? Hope you can help..........

How did you arrive at the figure to put your claim in, you must have had something to send to the bank. As a business you maust have a least your statements.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Yes, I had my statements which stated "total charges" each time a charge was levied.........

What you need is a summary of charges, they usually come before the statement.

Chargeback got his over the counter at his bank, i would do that asap

Only problem at this point is that you would have to file an amendment N244 form to amend details of your claim if it is incorrect, i am surprised that the bank have not spotted it and said so, but with so many claims they may have missed it.

Plasticpaddy, do you have a thread started with details of your claim on for people to follow

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Plasticpaddy, do you have a thread started with details of your claim on for people to follow

CM

Ignore that, ive just found you.

having read over your thread, i would still get the summary charges and work out what the real amout should be, i am sure bank will probably make an offer and will remove all the things that you cant claim for. At least if you have your own breakdown you will know if they have taken the correct amout off

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Hi, ok iv looked at what the Chargeback said and it seems that my friend will have to go into his local branch to get his breakdown of his 'total charges', iv written a letter for him to take in with him to explain what he wants, please can i have your opinion on whether it is ok? Thankyou, here it is:

Dear Sir/Madam

This letter is to explain clearly what I would like (and am entitled to) from yourselves:

I would like a summary of charges that have been applied to my account over the last six years.

You recently sent me six years worth of statements which included all charges against me on my account, a lot of the charges are listed as "Total Charges" and I understand that for business accounts this is a combination of non claimable and penalty charges, I want this complete breakdown of the ‘Total Charges’ on my account.

I know it is within your capabilities to print these off here and now in your branch and I hope that you are willing to help me maintain my business account with you by doing so today. Failure to do this will result in me complaining to your superiors, complaining to the financial ombudsman and me issuing you with a Data Protection non-compliance letter which would result in a county court claim against yourselves.

I trust this explains fully what I expect from you today.

Yours sincerely,

I have just been in the same situation, When my statements arrived I noticed the pre notification sheets were missing. I wrote back to the address on the covering letter that came with my statements and asked them to supply them under the oridinal SAR, they arrived in a week. Its also worth noting that your first years banking is free so the Total Charges are reclaimable in full as they only include overdraft charges.

Hi there, thank you very much for the post, it was very useful!!

Im not doubting you whatsoever but what do you other people think about the fact that the first years banking is free so the total charges are fully reclaimable?? Is it worth claiming this or will this be confusing matters slightly?

I had a business account for 11 months, free banking means you dont get charged for payments in and out of your account or the monthly service charge which are the only other items in total charges that you cant claim back. I did not have the prenotification sheet so simply claimed the total charges from my statement.