Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

First time poster so please be gentle :).

I am an employee with HBOS and having viewed watchdog tonight I found this site. I too have been stung by bank charges but am apprehensive about claiming these back as an employee of the firm - do you think it is wise to do so?

I can only view the last two years accounts online but so far have £186 of charges in these two years. I am going to go into a branch to request the previous 4 years statemets as I know that I have been stung for a lot more than that.

I had no option but to open an account with halifax as a member of staff and have found them to be inflexible to the extreme - even to the point where I had a direct debit taken from my account without my permission I was forced to travel 20 miles to my branch with a broken leg to claim a direct debit indemnity as they could not do it over the phone. :-x

Any opinions welcome.

Hi

I work for HBOS as well. I have been stung for a small fortune by them. I dont like working for the bank, I bank with.

But, dont forget your CBT's (computer based training) Information Security and Data Protection Act. They cant use information out of context. It must be for the use it was intended.

I know other people who work for HBOS plc who have complained about charges.

I have asked for mine back. And will go to court if I have to.

They have to keep banking and work separate. You can also go to Accord for help, but they seem to go along with HBOS, so caution. The CAB are good as well.

Good luck

• Haha 1

Hiya

I used to work for A & L a few yrs ago and am only just reclaiming back the charges, see my thread matt-man v A & L.

I can remember having a missed DD and getting charged when i worked for them, a week later my area sales manager had me in the office asking for full details as to why it happened and hat action i was taking etc etc. At the time i was incredibly embarrassed but now it makes my blood boil thinking about it. How dare they link work life and your banking problems, especially as they force you to open an account when you work for them!!!

Go get them!

Matt

19/02: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to A & L

20/02 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to HBoS

20/02 SAR sent to Capital One

21/02 Prem letter sent to RBS for £304

Trouble is if they are anything like A & L they won't pay your salary into any other account other than a HBoS account. They stitch you up big time as they can then monitor your account in as much detail as they like and all your colleagues can have a good look when ever they fancy too!

Well i'm lucky as i left a few yrs ago so no recourse now!

As for HBOS STAFF MEMBER, perhaps one of the Mods could approach them and stick them on the CAG payroll, it's great to have an insider!!!!!

Any more tips HBOS STAFF MEMBER?????

• Haha 1

Hi. i also used to work for this bank and just before I left we was told we could have our salary paid into another bank elsewhere, so if you did decide to pursue your claim (which I would), and they closed your account it would do you a favour. From my experience one department doesn't talk to the other anyway and unless someone actually recognised the staff indicator on your account, they wouldn't realise the complaint was from a staff member!

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Well I finally received all my statements (took them 12 weeks!!!). Sent in my prelim letter on 9/5/07. Received my response this morning which basically say that the OFT have found against credit cards not bank accounts - our charges are legal & by the way heres a leaflet about managing your money better!

The buggers owe me £662 - so do I send my LBA now or do I have to wait for the 14 days to expire???

• Haha 1

Yes, send the lba.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 3 weeks later...
Trouble is if they are anything like A & L they won't pay your salary into any other account other than a HBoS account. They stitch you up big time as they can then monitor your account in as much detail as they like and all your colleagues can have a good look when ever they fancy too!

Welcome aboard. Glad you found this site. I have heard of those conditions of employment. Does it not however go back to older times and has probably been overtaken by legislation, but has not been challenged. After all, it stops you from shopping around for the best deal although they would probably argue that you get a discounted rate. But, look what happens with mass action. Get enough colleagues on it and imagine!!

You surely have rights under human Rights and European Legislation. Something for the union?? It does not seem right that you are treated that way.

Do you get charged the same rate as everyone else??

Follow advice on boards, check out library.

Best regards to all!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have now received an offer after filing my claim with the court. I am claiming £846 (£662 + £184 statuatory interest) . The Halifax have now written to me offering me £429 in full and final settlement. Unless I phone them the mony will go into my account in full & final settlement. I did debate whether to accept and now think I should just persue it to the end. Has anyone else received an offer like this and been refused an award by the court because you have received an offer?

Yeah!

Reject it! (Or - accept it as "PARTIAL REPAYMENT" - you are going for it all!)

Kennythecelt wrote this in my thread:

Very best of Good luck on Monday!!!

"Having spoken to them several times and dropping in seemingly innocent questions about what they do, they work to some sort of internal procedure.

Pile 1- working on. Someone in there does the calculations. Someone else does the public interface. Make 50% offer. When refused make higher offer, ask you what you want ie 100% refund. They have delgated authority to the manager of the team to make offer up to £9999.99. If over that it is referred onto another team who will eventually consider it. Interest decsions, it appears are not taken at this stage unless court or FSO involved.

Pile 2- Mine was in this one. Letters of refusal, sometimes within timescale, sometimes not. This is the black hole, land that time forgot!Cases here are forgotten about until its pushed or fso/ court involved. This is where the phone calls come in.

These teams say they take no responsibility for lack of action by others within hbos group for not adhering to timescales for SARs. However, if pushed and the point is made it seems to make them a bit more inclined to help out. They have the on screen facility to record any details you request over the phone eg no action on SARs etc.

Above is only my impression of what happened in my case!!"

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

hbos staff member- hi again!!

Stick out for full 100%. Nothing less- it is your money!! Usual letter they have sent you. Let them pay it into your account. Send letter to your client manager saying you only accept it as a partial settlement and your claim is same as before.

You could also phone them. You will go through the reassessment/ appeal/ procedure. Another team will look at it.

Remember you can go to FOS whilst this is happening. You can tell them that/ put it in writing too!

• 1 month later...

think its disgraceful that you had to open account with ppl you are employed by ,, surely they can pay Your money into any account you see fit ,, i think this is a violation of personnal rights ,, open new account and insist about getting wages paid into it :) ,, well just my opinion lol

good luck