• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Hedgey v NatWest **WON**

hedgey06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sore head this morn Hedgey. ?????? I stayed off the red on account of hubby not having any either, so had 3 rum and cokes instead. They never make me feel ill. The bl**dy football did though. Was worse than useless. LACK LUSTRE, TIRED, BORING, PREDICTABLE, AND WE DEF NEED TO SACK THAT MCLAREN GUY. NICE GUY AND ALL THAT BUT NICE GUY NEVER WON US NO EURO OR WORLD CUP. Lol. xxxxx Not that Im a foot expert, just a fed up footy wife. xxxxxxxxxx Lol. xxxxxxxxxxx HAPPY START OF GMT BRITISH SUMMERTIME. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY FOR SUMMER. DID SOMEBODY SAY PIMMS, oooooh please. xxxxxxxxxx Fendy x

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NATTIE

i remember when we needed to sack erickson as manager(of course he said we would finish top after N Ireland loss and we did). Never sack a manager until he has failed to qualify us. we have andorra next so if we fail to score then he has to go.

Nattie, the guy seems like a genuinely nice guy and he worked wonders at Middlesbrough, but we need somebody, passionate, fired up, somebody whose prepared to tick a few people off by being outspoken from time to time and somebody who basically tells the truth. If they play extremely averagely, then he should come out and say, we played extremely averagely, we shall try to slip something in their tea for the next game to get them fired up. I mean, since when did we ever win anything playing on the defensive all the time. Its boring to watch. We need them to run at stuff, take chances, be exciting to watch. Because believe me, even if they lose a game, so long as theyve played great, and its been exciting to watch, then I really dont give a stuff. We just lack excitement and passion so far as I see it. Im no expert, but I love the edge of your seat biting your nails stuff when watching the international games, and that my friend last night. Just wasnt. I nearly feel asleep at several points during the game. Was awful, just boring and awful. Anyways, Good Morning Nattie, nice to see somebody up and about even with the hours lack of sleep. What a wonderful new day this is................... Fendy xxxxxx

Oooooo you all missed a crucial point during footie..... did you notice that the Israeli players looked a bit yum (the ones without beards that is ) Corrrrr I did but I fancy the guy from the Mummy returns and they all reminded me of him...Lol But he's next to The Rock my all time favourite dream of running off with material:p Perhaps all that cheap Tesco's lager was blurring my vision but it kept me happy xxx

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

So, its the tall, dark tanned handsome one for you Caz. Lol. ??? Me, Im quirky. I go for the NOT TRADITIONALLY GOOD LOOKING. Dunno why, but all that testosterone and arrogance, just sends me darting in the opposite direction. I like a guy who is in touch with his sensitive side. If were talking purely looks, nothing else, then it would have to be JENSEN BUTTON. Oh, yeah, that man floats my boat big time. Granted, hes barely out of training pants,, but who cares. A toy boy would do the ego wonders, Lol. But if were talking purely personality, then Soz Gals, but I like the lead singer in Savage Garden. Darren Hayes. Not that brilliantly good looking but who cares. Saw him in an interview once for about an hour, what a guy. Sensitive, smiles a lot, caring, quiet, but deep, but what a lovely lovely lovely genuine, non egotistical guy. Give me tall short dark red blonde brown, chunky slim, who cares, if the personality fits, thats all that counts. Seriously....... But Darren Hayes, PERFECT, DREAM BOAT BOY. Lol Lol Lol. Right up my street. And he has a brilliant sense of style, he dresses so beautifully for a guy. The sort of guy that would be grateful for a date and treat you perfectly. Lol. NOT AY UP LUV, GET THE LAGERS IN. Lol. xxxx Perfect................ looks or no looks, hes lovely. Fendy xxxxxxxxxx Bl**dy h*ll. Talking bout men this early. Whats up with us. Short of convo. Nobody won anything yet, apart from Caz of course. Still soooooooooooo delighted for you on that one. Have you any plans in particular for any major purchase with that, or is it private ????? xxxxx Fendy xxxx

Lol unbelievably Darren Hayes makes my tingly bits twitch too.....Lol how uncanny. I usually like big muscular men but there's something about his eyes I'm an eyes person (big muscles help though)!

I'm gonna just blow it on the kids ( designer clothes for the big 1 and playstation games for the little one ) and huge Easter eggs all round this year those £9.99 ones I reckon LOL! Just gonna blow it and enjoy it:)

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay go Caz. What is it about the eyes that have it. As the saying goes, "they are the windows of the soul". I think thats it. You can tell a lot about a guy from his eyes. And Mr. Hayes has the loveliest twinkliest eyes. Gorgeous. Not big on muscles though. Like normal body frame. Not huge garangantuan haystacks man, but not spindley skinny boy either. Lol. Just in betweeny. Huge defined Mr Universe style muscles make me gag. Not good in the passion of the moment, me gagging over Mr. Universe. Nah, wouldnt work. Might put him off me a bit.......... lol lol .

Spends wise. what a brilliant idea. Blow it on the kids, and a little treat for yourself perhaps. What could be better. Enjoy Caz. Youve earned it. Lol. Fendy xxxxxx;)

Woo! I take my hat off to you lot (or I would if I wore one!!!) My head was banging this morning - it was all I could do to read the posts let alone listen to the keyboard noise whilst replying!!! How poo was that game last night? We were all here - family and friends - rather sloshed cos we met quite early :D and ready to cheer them on. Alas, twas not to be............ cos they were rubbish!!!!!!!!! And Caz and Fendy............ can't believe you're ogling the footie players now instead of Nattie - poor man won't know whether he's coming or going with you two!!!!!!!! Moi? I'm just ogling the hubby who's promised to cook sunday lunch in return for me running around like a proper eejit yesterday getting ready for last night! He'd better make me a bacon butty first though ................. I'm starving!!!! Seez ya later gang!!! xxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hmmmmmmm but Hedgey if you didn't have your hubby to ogle who would it be ( nudge nudge ) come on spill the beans is it tall dark and handsome? your not getting out of it that easy:p xxxxx have a lovely lunch

Guest NATTIE

Someone call me or am i just not as good and Jensen Button, Steve McClaren and Darren Hayes(who????). Oh well, i hear the women's netball team calling.......cya in a bit!!

Corrrrrrrr >>>>>>> Mr.Hayes >>>>darren_hayes_cab.jpg

Darn it my piccy didn't work:mad:

Lol it does now YIPEEEEEEE!!!

It most certainly does Caz. Mr. Hayes in his ultimate posey gloriousness. Yum. Nattie, just a pity we dont know who you are or what you look like or we could coo and purrrrrrrrrrrrr at your piccy all day too. Lol Lol Lo. Best not to put piccy up. Too much riding on it me thinks for poor lil old you. Pity though, Im imagining, dark, slim, not too tall, but perfectly formed, lol, and blue eyes. Dont worry, I know you cant confirm or deny. Tis ok. Leave us to our little fantasties, Lol. Fendy xxxxxx Oooh Jensen, come take me out to dinner. Lol. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx But Darren will do. Fendy xxxxxxx

button300.jpg OOoooooh mucho kisses for Jensen. I FLIPPIN WISH. XXXX

he he he come on Fendy wave back:D

:D stubble's a designer accessory :D only on men though!

See much more sexy now....... avatar38903_2.jpg:D !! Lol!

pssssssst sorry Hedgey for being naughty on your thread;)

>>

:D Nite nite all have fun xxxxxxxx Caz

Hmmmmmmm but Hedgey if you didn't have your hubby to ogle who would it be ( nudge nudge ) come on spill the beans is it tall dark and handsome? your not getting out of it that easy:p xxxxx have a lovely lunch

Can't believe how naughty you guys have been today. I leave you alone for a few hours to chill out, have some lunch, sip a glass of red, and what do I find....................... wanton debauchery at every turn!!! Shameful!!!! Anyway, let me tell you - if we're divulging fanciable blokes, I've gotta say......... and don't tell my hubby, even though I reckon he knows!...... Samuel L Jackson just totally and utterly floats my boat like there's no tomorrow!!! He's got the best voice, the best bum, the best legs and (if you really wanna know) I bet he's a right filthy bu*ger!!! Whoops! Soz - it's sunday isn't it? (5 hail mary's for me 'eh girls!!!!) xxxx

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.