• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Hedgey v NatWest **WON**

hedgey06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha! Think I'd be better off in the bear garden this week ............. DARN IT!!!!!!!!! :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Oh Hedgey, Egg or no egg, at least you did the right thing and made the phone call and checked. Weve all made a similar mistake, me included. Nothing to be ashamed of. When I was going through my 600 statements it took me ages, all you tend to look at is anything in the WITHDRAWALS column, and anything that has charges in it. If you have a lot of statements its an easy mistake to make. But no harm done. At least you have your answer now for the charges and it takes away you feeling ticked off at the fact they might have gotten it wrong. Problem solved so worth the phone call. Keep out of the bear garden, they eat you, big hairy, grizzly b*ggers. Much better to be in the beer garden, me thinks. Fendy xxxxx And yes, its Friday so I am having some red wine. Nice Argentinian Chianti actually. Yum, and nice curry to go with it. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ITS FRIDAY, A BREATHING DAY FOR THE BANKS. But back to the programme on Monday. LOL. xxxx

Hey Fendy, thanks for the support 'cos I felt such a muppet last night! I'm with you all the way on your Friday night plans............. bottle of wine, chicken jalfreizi, mushroom pilau rice and some keema naan. B*gger the diet - there's always next week!!!!!!!! xxxxx:p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Crikey, lots going on on here tonight Hedgey. Ive read a heck of a lot of threads on here, but nothing like the ones at the top of the posts going on right now. Crikey, it gets quite serious on here from time to time doesnt it. Fendy xxx Just drifting comfortably now into the red wine haze. Think Im best staying there and keeping out of it as I dont think said poster likes me much. NVM. I think he has much bigger probs than I could ever help with. Even though I would like to try. xxx More wine. Yes please. Thanks. xx

Hey fendy, I'm just about to join you with the red wine - but not sure even a full bottle of the stuff will do the trick tonight. Hope he/she comes back online soon 'cos they obviously need some mega support. I feel sick to the bottom of my stomach at the thought lori might do what he/she said. Keep that wine flowing fendy, i'm right with you honey. xxx xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Nooooooooooooooo Hedgey. U gotta do the sledgey thingy with the little thingies. U cant send hubbies out to do that. Theyre too boistrous. Hubbies want to snowball fight and then little kids get snowball in face and get hurt and come back crying, and wish theyd never gone to play iin snow in first place. Daddy's are too rough and way too competitive to just enjoy the snow. They have to win the sledging race, they have to build the BIGGEST SNOWMAN, they have to THROW THE MOST SNOWBALLS and HIT THE MOST PEOPLE, the male testosterone thing. They cant just enjoy the snow. THEY HAVE TO OWN THE SNOW. GOD IM GLAD IM NOT A BLOKE. I always let the kids win the sledging race. Makes em feel speshy. I always let them roll the biggest snowman, much bigger than mine, and I always give em hot choccy when we get back. What bloke would do that ?? Ha. Love em really, but why do they have to be so damn competitive at everything. Men. lol. Fendy xxxxxx I want snow, Im hoping for it. LOVE IT.

Ha ha ha....... you've obviously met my hubbie Fendy!!! Totally agree with you on the competitive, alpha male, testosterone theory - but that's why women are so fab isn't it? We let them think they're the bestest at everything!!! I'd love some snow too - trouble is, by the time it hits Manchester it's turned to yucky dirty slush that not even hubbies can play in!!! Then again, suppose I could challenge him to build a snowman in the slush........... whilst me and the kids sit inside with our hot choccies laughing our socks off at him!!!!!!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Too much vino.no sense 2 be had 2nite. head fuzzy warm n foggy bi bi till 2mozzy peeps. back tomorrow after much water and tea. soz, no good to anybody on the support front 2nite. sowwy. bye bye bye bye bye zee bye. Fendy xx

Lol. Im up, bright and breezy, already had the RESOLVE (of the beechams variety), feeling ok now, not too bad. I wouldnt care, it only took me 4 glasses to get like that. Lol. Ok, no more now for another week. Still supporting hubby on the NO DRINKING, TRYING TO LOSE A STONE DIET. Him, not me. But I gotta support him. How sad am I............. get up, have beechams thingy, cup of tea, and log onto here. OMG, I need to get a life. Lol. Off now to prepare lovely sunday dinner for the mother and mother in law later today.. I think they all forget. Im a mother too. Ha. But we dont count do we ????? Catch up with ya both later. Fendy xxxx Use the day wisely to read read read. I do, whenever I can. It helps in the claim moving forward. Every snippet help.s No snow yet Hedgey, at 07.30am. Just hail stones like penny pieces. Weird global warming style weather were having this morning. Odd, very odd, Fendy xxx

we have glorious sunshine here in teh midlands and my mother is away for the day, my son is at his fathers so my mothers day treat is to kick back, chill out and play pc games all day in perfect peace and harmony!

perfect :D

claim v natwest WON!

all posts made by myself are without prejudice

Woo hoo! Hey guys - happy mothers day to us!!!! Fendy, we've got hail too - right freezing cold stuff it is 'an all! Can't believe you got up so early honey, what was you thinking about? You win the prize for absolute super trooper of the day - up at 7.30 on a Sunday morning that happens to be mother's day and with a hangover!!! I'm off to cook sunday lunch for hubbie and the kids (yes I thought there was something not right in that too!!!) Never mind, we'll get our reward one day! See ya later xxxxxxxxxxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I was up at 6.20 actually but didnt come on forum till 7.30 ish. Honest. Hey Hedgey, tis snowing like the clappers here. Blizzarding. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay snowing....................................its absolutely wild now. Dark, like mid winter and snow coming down like nothing Ive seen a good long while. Amazing......... forecaste was right for a change. Might get to go sledgeing before the day is out. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Fendy xxxx

Sorry to but in on your thread again. But snow has settled here, 8 miles from Bradford, its lovely and white but bitterly cold. Looks like a perfect Christmas card now. Didnt get to go sledging, been swotting up here for the last two hours in readiness for receiving AQ soon. Need to be sure I know how to fill it in. Go get ur money mortee. Stay with the programme. Fendy xx

well I am gonna have to wait til payday to send the prelim, need to send it special delivery and I have exactly 4 quid in my account til thursday LOL!

claim v natwest WON!

Hey guys........ can't believe one of you got snow and got sun. Me? I got hail and slush - let's hear it for Manchester. Boo!!!!!! Just managed to get a bit of time to myself, been 'mothers dayed' to death an' I've had enough now! Leave me alone!!!!!!! I used to work over your way Fendy - Pudsey to be exact! Fabulous place and lovely people!! And mortee, stick with me girl.......... skint's my middle name! Do you know what though? Since I've found CAG, being skint doesn't really bother me as much as it used to. Cos I've got brilliant new 'virtual' pals who know the meaning of everything! let's hear it for us! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!! (yes girls, had a little glass of mother's day red!!!!) xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

am only skint for 4 days then the good times are back (in other words the bills get paid my son gets fed and the car gets petrol LOL)

I will also agree that now I have found this site those litte charging exercises from Natwest no longer give me the sleepless nights that I used to get, thanks for all the help so far CAG and friends!

claim v natwest WON!

I will also agree that now I have found this site those litte charging exercises from Natwest no longer give me the sleepless nights that I used to get, thanks for all the help so far CAG and friends!

Yaaaaaaaayyyy!!! What did we do before we found this place? Sleepless nights, daytime worries, scared of buying shopping in case the charges would be more than the food. Thank god for this place!!! Luvvin' the support we give each other on here ......... it's better than I could have believed!!! xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

You too sammy xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hey y'all just checking in for my daily gossip fix. At work actually, but thought Id sneak a log in and see if anybody has gotten their money back today from Nasty West. I love it when the threads change to WON. Im sad I know but I get a right kick from it. Snow settled everywhere, more came last night, looks lovely. So bright white everywhere. Really pretty. Who needs money when you got picture postcard views. Ahhhhhhhhh, bliss. Road clear though so kids protesting like crazy this morning. "Dont wanna go to school, cos if the snow comes again mum how will you get up to my school", thats was from the littlest one, his school is out in the sticks, on the moor, nothing but fields and bad weather up there, but its beautiful in the summer, and I must admit when it snows the village up there comes to an utter stand still. Nobody can get in and nobody can get out, so Im keeping my eyes on the forecast. If it starts snowing again, I will have to leave work early and go on a recovery expedition for the little one. He will panic if he thinks he cant get home for the night. Lol. Although Im sure school would look after them fine overnight if it came to it. Lol. Bit of an adventure for them I would have though. Anyways, back to my thread. Have posted my letter to Cobbets, recorded this morning, enclosing a lovely 6 page breakdown spreadsheet of each and every single charge, so they cant now come back and say they havent had it. Even though Im sure they still will. If I get, I will just be OVER THE MOON. Ive never had more than a grand left ever in my savings account, so this will be a lovely bonus. I gotta help my mum pay some bills though, shes gotten herself into a bit of a hole over the years, long story, 4 siblings, my dad died when we were little etc. etc. and mums struggled to bring us all up without him, and on a pittence of a salary, and without any kind of benefit at all other than widows pensions, so I admire her immensely, so I owe her back big time. She had it so hard, and we are all so grateful to here for the fact she brought us up well, and weve all landed decent jobs and lives, (lucky) but a testament to my mum I think, So will of course make donation to this website first, then my mum will be getting a large chunk of my winnings, and if theres anything left, I will be treating the family, i..e hubby and 2 kids to a lovely holiday. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Recharge the batteries and all after the fight. Anyways, if I get any contact through from Cobbets I will of course be back on here to report it straight away. Take Care Peeps. Fendy xxxx