Jump to content


Mr&Mrs-v-Halifax


mr&mrs
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi, put our story on the welcome page so won't bore you all with it again (I tend to waffle). Having read some of the other postings it seems it may be best to start this thread with our progress.

 

Halifax deny having received our pre lim (so LBA sent Recorded and emailed all letters...we live and learn!). Tried e-mail and telephone communication with Halifax prior to and since LBA but no koy so far (other than "we have 8 weeks to respond").

 

Due to submit MCOL on Fri 23/02/07 £1933 charges + £604 interest...a little nerve racking! Was hoping they would at least discuss it with us prior to action:sad:

 

Anyone else at the same stage as us with the Halifax?

 

Pre lim sent 26/01/07

LBA sent rec del 16/02/07

Mr&Mrs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi mr&mrs,

I phoned twice & e-mailed 2 times the Halifax last week as my LBA was due to expire on Fri. 16/02...very polite people on phone but no joy!! So, I filed my MCOL claim on Monday 19/02...they were given the chance to settle before interest was added on but didn't seem to want to!! More money for me then!!

Let me know how you get on!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Docannie

 

I agree...they are polite and nice but like you say...no joy! I've just sent another e-mail to customer relations urging them to get in touch prior to friday and confirming that at that stage I will be reserving my right to claim interest rather than being willing to negotiate but if your experience is anything to go by I've just waisted my time:D

 

It is more money if they hold out...daunting though eh? I really hope you get a swifty resolve.

 

Please keep me posted on how you get on...good luck;)

Mr&Mrs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Progress! I hope so. No joy at allwith general customer relations numbers or e-mail...no response or effeort to negotiate from them. Have used one of the senior CRM's numbers as posted on here and I'm on the phone to them now...they are looking into the charges whilst I wait...keeping fingers crossed! Will let you know

Mr&Mrs

Link to post
Share on other sites

WOOHOO!!!! They have agreed to pay full £1933 in charges and £250.00 toward the interest we would have claimed had we issued court papers on Friday!! We are very happy with that. We have to wait for the offer in writing and sign the acceptance so won't count chickens just yet but hey, what a result! Thank you to this forum and it's members for the useful advice and tips...we couldn't have done it without you. Donation will be made once money received!Pre lim 26-01-07LBA 16-02-07Settlement (full charges and partial interest prior to courtaction) 21-02-07

Mr&Mrs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done!!!!! I think i'll try that when i get to your stage!!!

 

What tel number did you call and who did you speak to?

 

Also, was your account still open before you started claiming?

 

Matt

19/02: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to A & L

20/02 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to HBoS

20/02 SAR sent to Capital One

21/02 Prem letter sent to RBS for £304

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done!!!!! I think i'll try that when i get to your stage!!!

 

What tel number did you call and who did you speak to?

 

Also, was your account still open before you started claiming?

 

Matt

Well done!!!!! I think i'll try that when i get to your stage!!!

 

Matt

 

I'm not at home at the mo so can't give you the number/name offhand. I got the number from this site though. It was under the thread giving contact names and numbers for Halifax. The name given (that I asked for) wasn't in but the lady I spoke to was a senior customer relations manager at Leeds.

 

She was very nice actually. She gave me the usual "it's highly irregular for us to negitiate over the phone" and "this is a one off". She also came in with a much smaller offer at 1st but I held my breath and went for it. In actuial fact the interest on our claim had we got that far would have been £604 but I was happy to take the charges and the £250 extra just to have it finnished with to be honest. I was 2 days away from putting in my claim which perhaps gave me some leverage so it may be worth you going down the same route when you get that far.

 

Good luck!

Mr&Mrs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I sent my LBA on 12th Feb and recieved the standard letter saying they are looking into my account blah de blah.

Should I be thinking that I should contact them or just issue court papers on Monday?

 

Star2544

 

I got my result today by phoning prior to issuing court papers (which I would have been due to do on Friday). I have been phoning every day since Monday and getting different responses each time but today was a phone call worth making! It's surely worth ringing them, you have nothing to loose. I played it by saying I kept ringing so that I could note my efforts to settle out of court. Maybe contact them again friday if you haven't had any joy?

Mr&Mrs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks very Much. Well done on you win.

Is there anything that I will have to say or can you suggest anything that worked for you.

 

Thank you! I just tried to keep it friendly, I got a little forthright (out of frustration!) with a chap on Monday and he really dug his heels in and gave me the blank 8 weeks response. I thought at one point the guy was going to try and haggle but after asking if I was recording the call (:???: ) he changed his stance. My call today however was to a senior customer relations manager using the contacts provided on this site. She was great. I also e-mailed [email protected] after each call, stating who I'd spoken to and the outcome of each call and expressing my dissapointment at their being unable to make effort to negotiate prior to Court Action. DOn't know if it all helped nut got there in the end.

 

Hope you do too, keep us posted on your progress!

Mr&Mrs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to both Mr & Mrs and docannie..

Seems to be the day for settling today - called them this morning and was told '..sorry, its 8 weeks..' However, I kept my cool and explained that I had hope to settle prior to court, but had now filed N1. Woman I was speaking to was very apologetic and told me that she would e-mail customer relations. 90mins later got a call from customer relations and after I rejected the first offer, she offered the full amount - just waiting for written confirmation :D

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

 

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

 

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...