B1tor v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, first timer so please dont hurt me ;)

I asked for and received all my statements within 3 days of paying £5 via my Halifax account.

I have highlighted all 'Charges As Notified' along with all 'Interest Debited - notified last month'

I have been on the forum trying to research my claim but seem to be getting more and more confused with regard to interest.

I have an authorised overdraft which I have constantly exceeded over the years, resulting in the following charges:

Charges As Notified: £4,881.00

Interest Debited: £543.15

My confusion arises when I read about 'Cumulative Interest',

'Overdraft Interest' etc.

Do I simply complete my prelim with the above figures or am I even more confused than I think?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi B1tor and welcome,

The reason why interest can be confusing is that it is very complicated to work out the portion of interest that relates specifically to your charges. Whilst you have charges of £4881.00, the £543.15 of interest will not relate completely to those charges, it will also relate to the standard use of the account. How would you differentiate between the two? This is why there are a number of spreadsheets available to help with this. Some people do not claim the interest portion of the charges because it is so complicated, and simply charge 8% interest at court stage.

It is entirely up to you how you work it. You can use the simple spreadsheet in the library to claim your charges, which will calculate 8% interest for you which you add at court stage. Or you can try using the advance spreadsheet which will work out what interest you probably paid on each charge. Have a play with the two and go with the one that makes most sense to you.

I hope that helps in some way :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for your help crashbandicoot

Ive taken a look at both spreadsheets and I think I will have to go with the easier one.

At least that way there is less chance of me messing up. :rolleyes:

Prelim on its way in the morning and Ill post any response and further actions.

Thanks again

Hi B1tor --- well done on sending off your Prelim. You're on your way to claiming back what is rightfully yours --- and what they should never have taken from you in the first place :mad:

Have a read of my thread to see how I got on with the Halifax :D:D:D

If you've any questions, just post and someone will respond to you. This site is amazing and the help, support and advice you'll receive is fantastic.

Remember, no matter what the Halifax state, you must stick to YOUR timescales. It is YOUR claim - not theirs. You're the one in control. Put your feet up and have a think of what you can spend YOUR money on :p

best wishes.

jaxadx

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi jaxadx

thanks for your support,

I've read enough to know to stick to my timetable and not theirs, and Im quite looking forwards to see how things progress.

I'll keep you informed via this thread, and don't worry... any problems and I'll shout loudly for some help :)

• 3 weeks later...

tick tock tick tock ---- come on Halifax get a move on ;)

x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

The clock stopped ticking

They have just phoned me and offered £4,998.00 which out of the goodness of my heart I will be accepting.

Im sure a donation will be forwarded to help the running of the site as soon as the funds are transferred.

Thanks for your advice and encouragement.

Now for the HSBC :roll:

OMG B1tor!! Well done, and congrats...woooooohhhooooooooooooo!!

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

WELL DONE !!!!!!!:D:D

I received an acceptance letter from the Halifax to sign and return. I faxed it back to them on the Monday and the funds were in the account by Thursday lunchtime. I think they're a bit busier now though :p. They do state that it can take up to 14 days, although I must admit to a bit of telephone "nudging".

jaxads

Bloody hell - that was quick. they got my LBA on the 15th, two days after you - should I expect a call do you think?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Well done B1tor. :D :D

A lot of people are getting in contact with haliprats at this stage and getting their money back. It deffinatly worth a try.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Bloody hell - that was quick. they got my LBA on the 15th, two days after you - should I expect a call do you think?

I hope so.

A friend of mine didnt get a phone call but a letter offering half of what was owed... I think she is going to phone them to nudge them into her way of thinking.

Ive just received their letter with the offer so that will be on its way back later and faxed later also just to 'help' them along :-)