K F C - **sorted**

bazak1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

two days ago we visited our local KFC and ordered a mums night off meal ( which included the usual chicken, fries, side order, drinks, and also plates, knives forks etc. we also ordered a separate order of chicken strips. the total cost= £15-78.

when we returned home ( a journey of approx one and half miles, but it was sunday and there was no traffic so we were home reasonably quickly ), i started to dish the food up when my partner noticed that some of the meal was missing. she returned to the store while i continued serving the food to our children and for myself. to make matters worse, i sat down to eat the meal and it was virtually cold. my partner returned with some of the missing items, namely four sweetcorns, but we still had none of the supposedly included plates, knives, forks etc. the food was disgusting and we binned the complete meal, and ventured to mcdonalds, ( its not very often we eat this kind of junk food, but as a one off we had promised the children, so off we went ).

this meal was totally satisfactory and very much enjoyed. i wrote a letter of complaint to KFC head office ( which took some finding but we did get the address in the end ) and explained exactly the same as above and that i was requesting full reimbursement plus costs incurred for then paying on top for our trip to mcdonalds. i will post the reply on here if and when i get one, but i was wondering if anyone else out there has had similar problems, and what the outcome was.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Hey Baz

Yep, they'll probably send you vouchers and an apologetic letter. I've always found that when you complain to the man or woman at the top, ie. CEO / MD level, you get results and fast. They know every customer's penny spent on their brand means more profit share for them.

regards my initial complaint by letter to their head office ( which umbelievably takes some finding ).

now i have posted the letter, do i have a certain number of days in which to receive a reply, or does that not count with these kind of complaint letters ?:confused:

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

They can take as long as they want, although they may have their own internal complaints procedure that will give a timescale for handling the complaint.

Which is not your problem. Set them a deadline of 14 days to respond, then write again after 14 days if no reply. Always get the control, and keep it.

BINGO.received a reply today.

the usual "please accept our sincere apologies blah blah blah", and accept one voucher for a family feast 12 piece, and £14 in postal orders. that virtually covers what it cost in the first place so thats another win ( albeit a small one ) for the C A G. thanks to all who posted on this, and for your help and advice. i'm off now to find a KFC that does takeaway hot food, yum yum.

have a nice day !!

• 2 weeks later...

i,ve had a couple of you asking for the address for KFC. well, here it is.......

YUM RESTAURANTS,

32 GOLDSWORTH ROAD,

WOKING,

SURREY,

GU21 6JT.

TELEPHONE 01483 717000

if you enter this name on google, and access some of the ones that come up, you'll be amazed at how many pies this company has got it's fingers in. you would expect there to be a main sort of head office, but the address above is the one to contact for all KFC related issues.

have a nice day !!

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is old, but it came up on Google.

Recently we bought a bucket but the chicken wasn't cooked properly and the chips were stale. We took it back to show them and they were really arrogant and said there was nothing wrong with it. They even said they probed the chicken and they were fine (how can you probe cold chicken?). I rang the number you gave but they just said we need to contact KFC customer services and they gave us the address that is on the KFC website.

Are they telling me porkies?

I would be grateful for any advice.

They must be something to do with KFC as they knew the KFC address straight away?

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I had a problem with our local outlet a number of years ago and wrote to the head office. I had a very courteous letter in response telling me that it was a franchise but using the KFC name as part of the franchise.

They said that each franchise is a seperate business with it's own proprietor, but they were very keen not to have the KFC name brought into disrepute.

They said I should write a letter of complaint to the franchise and copy it to the head office, and if I was not satisfied with the reply that I should forward a copy of that to the head office.

I wasn't satisfied with the reply and forwarded it to head office. A few days later I had a profound letter of apology from the branch and a cheque for a full refund.

The outcome was that when I went into the branch to purchase a week or so later, I was told I could not purchase from there and they could serve only those they wished to serve.

When I asked why, a rough mans voice belted from the back, "because we have been f'in threatened with losing our franchise because of you".

So head office cared then and I can't really see them being any different now. Of course the threatened closure wasn't because of me, it was because they were not meeting KFC standards.

from the other side of the fence we mystery shopped a kfc a while ago it got a poor review on the food and service.

when we came back in a few weeks later all the issues had been sorted so i think it depends alot on who does the complaining

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 9 months later...

The restaurants suck!

Here people, here's the recipe. Make KFC at home BETTER than take out!

This is the real deal:

1 (2 1/2 lb) fryer chicken, cut into pieces

1 cup flour

2 tsp salt

1 tsp msg

1/2 tsp sage

1/2 tsp coriander seed

1/2 tsp ginger

1/4 tsp bay leaf

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1/8 tsp chili powder

1/8 tsp green cardamom

1/8 tsp cloves

1/8 tsp summer savory

2/3 cup milk

1 egg

Mix salt, msg and 11 herbs & spices together and blend with flour. Set aside.

Mix egg and milk and set aside.

Wash chicken pieces and pat dry. Dip chicken pieces in the egg wash and roll thouroughly in seasoned flour. Let set on plate about 15 minutes.

Pan fried:

Heat 1/2" of shortening or vegetable oil in a pan to approx. 325F.(low-medium heat). Place chicken pieces in hot oil and cook, turning constantly and evenly. Should take approximately 1/2 hour.

Deep fried:

Heat oil to 325F. Drop in chicken pieces and fry for 12 minutes.

Pressure fried:

This is the way they do it in the restaurant.

Heat oil to 350-375F (high). Add chicken pieces and cap lid. When steam escapes from regulator, reduce heat to low. Pressure fry for 8 1/2 minutes.

Let drain on rack in very low, warm oven. Chicken is ready to eat when no oil remains dripping.

This is what I call **sorted**.

Enjoy!!!

You'd have to ask Colonel Sanders that question.

Besides, there are many other foods that contain a very large amount of naturally (unlisted) occurring MSG. Ie: Tomato Soup.

Monosodium Glutamate is much less dangerous for your health than say...SALT.

Remember this is KFC, not so called 'health' food! ;)

• 9 months later...

A group of us grove over to a KFC a few weeks ago. As we drove into the car park we saw them locking the door (a quarter of an hour early). They ignored our knocks at the door so we eventually left and phoned a complaint through to their head office. The reply was a standard letter that ignored all the questions we had asked - including "why should we ever patronise your chain again?" When we wrote to request a proper reply, the letter we received stated that they would not take the matter any further and stated they were sorry we were not happy with their refusal to respond to issues raised. Further chases via the USA office (free to phone rather than premium rate as in the UK) have been ignored. We're amazed by their rudeness and arrogance!

Write to them, make up some random complaint about cold/crap food and ask for a refund in postal orders as you will never eat there again.

They will send you a tenner. (or the equlivent of whatever meal you claim for). No proof needed. Easy.

• 8 months later...
two days ago we visited our local KFC and ordered a mums night off meal ( which included the usual chicken, fries, side order, drinks, and also plates, knives forks etc. we also ordered a separate order of chicken strips. the total cost= £15-78.

when we returned home ( a journey of approx one and half miles, but it was sunday and there was no traffic so we were home reasonably quickly ), i started to dish the food up when my partner noticed that some of the meal was missing. she returned to the store while i continued serving the food to our children and for myself. to make matters worse, i sat down to eat the meal and it was virtually cold. my partner returned with some of the missing items, namely four sweetcorns, but we still had none of the supposedly included plates, knives, forks etc. the food was disgusting and we binned the complete meal, and ventured to mcdonalds, ( its not very often we eat this kind of junk food, but as a one off we had promised the children, so off we went ).

this meal was totally satisfactory and very much enjoyed. i wrote a letter of complaint to KFC head office ( which took some finding but we did get the address in the end ) and explained exactly the same as above and that i was requesting full reimbursement plus costs incurred for then paying on top for our trip to mcdonalds. i will post the reply on here if and when i get one, but i was wondering if anyone else out there has had similar problems, and what the outcome was.

i have also just been to kfc for a large bucket meal..its all totally disgusting..what are they using for chicken now..sparrows?.......the coleslaw taste like asda's 20p smart price and the chips were like they had been cooked 10 hours ago and left to rot.....after getting my sick son to sleep i threw the whole thing out to the foxes!! i hope they dont feel as sick as we did..if they dont at least feeding a starving animal was worth almost £20 pound because the food wasnt!!!!

i dont know what kfc the advert is serving to, but the ones i've been to have all had one problem or another..either getting home with incomplete meals..stone cold..or just poorly made making it taste vile.

i think the company is getting to big for its boots and feels that its customers should be fed this **** rather than giving us what we are all paying a hell of a lot of money for. kfc isnt a treat but a total waste of money..like the previous message says..you cant beat a good mc donalds. fast reliable hot food in seconds and get what you pay for!!!! i

• 6 months later...
maccy D's doesn't fill you up :) . There are 3 or 4 KFC in my area and which ever one you visit unlike the tv advertisment there is not a white face in sight behind the counter and all the KFC outlets are priced differently as well ,so you go to one and it will cost you £10-£15 thats our usual spend yet go to the next KFC down the road it will cost you an extra £3 or £4 for the same food and still they miss food off of your order, that is how they have such a large turnover

This is why at the bottom of the adverts it always says 'not available in all outlets', it's up to the individual outloet if he want's to participate in offers etc.