Help with Nationwide needed

Suesue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am trying to claim £500 banck charges back from Nationwide which they have totaly refused to give me any back upto now. I am now having to sent the letter about court procedings but am unsure how much to put for Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 and Court Fee can anyone help please?

Oh and do Nationwide always take it this far I thought they would at least have offered me half or something!

Thanks

Hi there, haven't dealt with Nationwide personally but would suggest you post your thread in the Nationwide section plus they'll be loads of other cases there so you know what to expect from them!, good luck!

Thanks very much for that am I right in thinking that I take 3 copies of this letter to my nearest court now! Do I let Nationwide know or does the court do that! Sorry for all the questions I have read about it on here there is just so much to understand on this court bit!

Ta

At this stage don't add the interest. Just write on the particulars of claim that if successful you wish to claim statutory interest of 8%p/a.Once the form is completed and signed take it to the County Court (at least 2 copies- 3 if you want one back).They will then issue the claim and serve it on the Defendant by first class ordinary post the same day. You will also get a Notice of Issue providing you with your claim number and what will happen next- this usually takes a couple of days.You need to make your cheque payable to HMCS. If you are on a low income or benefits ask the Officer at the Counter for an EX80A form which you can complete- you may not have to pay the court fee!

Oh good one less thing for me to worry about! I wish Nationwide would just settle it now and save all this hastle, after all they will probebly end up paying in the end anyway, I suppose they just like making it hard for us!!

A lot of people give up so they make it hard in the hope they won't have to pay up. Most banks say you signed an agreement so they can take your money. But as a judge once said to me, I can sign an agreement to murder, doesn't make it legal though!!