Hello-A long story but a quick question

mr&mrs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

We are newly registered but have been reading many of the threads and postings/advice on here for some time which has really encouraged us to go ahead with a claim of our own.

Our story so far is that we had record of our bank charges (sad I know to have records going back that far but couldn't bare to throw it away when we moved home...glad we didn't now!) so we totalled it up to £1933 in charges.

Sent letter to Halifax with schedule of charges and calcuated interest 1933 + 604) giving them 14 days to respond on 26th January 06.

Didn't hear anything and to be honest panicked a little about the figures so rang to request copy statements on 9th Feb (which was suprisingly easy-they charged us £5.00 on our account and we received them on 15th Feb). Double checked fugures and all in order.

Hadn't heard anything from Halifax at all and was due to send LBA giving 7 days for them to respond on 16th February so rang customer relations who say they have no record of our 1st letter! E-mailed copy of both letters and charges schedule on 16th and sent the LBA and copy schedule by recorded post (in an attempt to avoid the "we haven't received anything" hurdle).

Still haven't had any contact from them but I rang yetserday and was at least given our complaint ref number.

Rang them today to remind them about the timescales in our correspondence. Spoke to a chap who for a moment sounded like he was going to try and negotiate but he spoke to his superviser came back asked me if the call was being recorded by me(??) then went on to tell me about their 8 weeks time scales.

Sorry for the long winded story.

Our question is this - as they deny having recieved our 1st letter, we are now further behind in their queue. Should we still stick to the plan of MCOL on the 7th day from the LBA (which would be this Friday)?

We have afterall I guess tried all avenues of communication to no avail so far so in that respect it's not like they can say we didn't try and resolve the matter pre-action.

Thanks folks. Really well done to all those who have had the courage to go for it...it's your stories that have been our inspiration to take the leap. Fingers crossed for us!

Mr&Mrs

Hello and welcome,

Yes, you should stick to your timetable. The Bank will do everthing in their power to delay you as long as possible, they hope you will give up trying.

If like you say you have followed all the correct procedures then go ahead and file on Friday. Its not your fault they have failed to communicate.

Best wishes with your claim.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for the welcome Scott and for replying so quickly.

Yes, if I don't hear anything prior to Friday the we will go ahead. I know what you're saying about delaying tatics in the hope that you will lose the bottle to proceed. It is a little daunting when it gets to this stage though.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Mr&Mrs

Superb,

Made my day !

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert