Second letter sent

Presuming Ed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I would wait until the 14 day deadline you set in your preliminary letter has expired before sending your LBA. That will show the court (if it gets that far) that you have acted reasonably when pursuing your claim.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I have just got DG solicitors to agree to pay in full, but have realised that I have made a mistake.

Because of the ambiguous way my First Direct statements are worded, I have seriously undercharged.

I will explain:

Just about every month I have "overdraft fee £30"

in addition to this I often have.."excess overdraft fee £65" (or more)

I thought that the £30 were what they said ie a fee for having an overdraft and so have only claimed back the "excess overdraft fees.

I have now discovered that FD overdrafts are "free" and that the £30s are in fact an excess overdraft fee. The larger amount is a further penalty which varies depending on the amount overdrawn and the time overdrawn.

I am at the stage of having to sign DG,s form to accept the refund in full and final settlement.

Which I take it means that I will not then be able to claim the remaining penalties.

Should I put it down to experience and just take what I claimed £900, or can I withdraw the claim and file a new one for the full ammount £3000 (guess)

Please advise.:???:

The thing is the full and final settlement will only relate to the charges you have claimed for, in theory you are not agreeing to never pursue a claim again. my understanding is that you would only not be able to claim again on those charges if you accepted a partial settlement and the charges you havent claimed would not have been listed on the spreadsheet so there is nothing stopping you from claiming again.

I have seen on here people claim for two years worth then the other4 years after this.

I may be wrong thou

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks