Halifax Terms and Conditions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anybody have a copy or a link to the halifax T and C's ai cant find them anywhere, i have looked all over their site. When i opened my account i must have thrown them away (doh)

I need them badly to put my case together as without them i have no case :(

anyone help ?

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

Come on guys how are you all making your claims in your PoC if you dont know the T and C's you cant make the claim !

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

here you go, it's not an extensive T&C's but highlights charges and various other fees. I don't think you need to atually state T&C's in your claim, just that they are unfair and unenforcable.

Halifax - Understanding Charges

here you go, it's not an extensive T&C's but highlights charges and various other fees. I don't think you need to atually state T&C's in your claim, just that they are unfair and unenforcable.

Halifax - Understanding Charges

Thanks electrode, but i have to disagree about not exactly listing the specific term that is unfair. The first thing the defence do is point out the fact that the claimant hasnt actually specified a good reason for a claim. ie what term is unfair.... ie is the bank unfair, are their terms unfair, is the judge unfair ? whats unfair what exactly !

And this is what the defence laugh at straight away people arnt actually stating what they are challenging...a fatal flaw in ones argument dont you think :p

I dont mean to sound sarcastic (as im not) just playing devils advocate. I have read loads of PoC's and the response to them from the defence, and generally the claimant has forgot to state what they are actually challenging.

You cant just say somethings unlawful but then not comment on what your referring to can you.

Its just i know my case will reach court and of course i need my house in order first, so i need to know what term exactly the UTCCR are in respect of.

Clearly the term will be along the lines of "the bank has the right the charge a fee under a default"

I'm no Expert but I assume you’re claiming back charges from Halifax. I have just successfully claimed my first victory after a court claim was served, they settled before court date even after stating they wished to defend. All I asked them to do was to disclose their charges to their finer points and make this information public.

Their isn’t enough space in the MCOL to define specific terms and conditions that you are claiming for, so all I can suggest is that you read read read and when finished reading start reading again. The templates folder has all the written stuff you need, including the MCOL template.

I'm no Expert but I assume you’re claiming back charges from Halifax. I have just successfully claimed my first victory after a court claim was served, they settled before court date even after stating they wished to defend. All I asked them to do was to disclose their charges to their finer points and make this information public.

Their isn’t enough space in the MCOL to define specific terms and conditions that you are claiming for, so all I can suggest is that you read read read and when finished reading start reading again. The templates folder has all the written stuff you need, including the MCOL template.

Hi again electrode,

yeah point taken, though a few things are different with my case which i dont want to fully disclose at this point but its a long way beyond 6 years and im going for various other things within the claim so i know it will be defended and upholded by the barristors. Even though they said they intended to defend this is very standard protocol and scare tactics. They probably didnt even read your PoC (to be fair) but when you look at the real cases that have made it too court, the first thing they do is laugh your PoC into a strike out.

BTW out of couriosity what did you claim to be unfair in their terms ? or did you just say charges in general arent fair ?

look in the templates section.

I also added the next two paragraphs to my letter to halifax, this was a responce to them stating they would close my account.

(quote) I find the final statement in the letter sent that you have the right to close my account in future if you apply further charges to be punitive and retaliatory to court claims and legal processes, I would like to point out at this point that the Financial ombudsman service FOS have recently fined the Alliance Leicester for such actions and awarded damages to the party affected.

I would therefore conclude that any future charges should their be any would be in line with the consumer contracts regulations 1999 unfair terms and unfair contract terms act 1977 and at common law, I would therefore continue to claim further charges under those said legislations. If you should wish to continue to charge those rates then I would expect either in the pending court case or any possible future court case that those charges be broken down to their finer points and explained in full to the public domain. (endquote)

but I understand what you mean. I have a second case against them whereby they issued a default notice on my other account. I have successfully got them to remove the default notice and am now claiming compensation for defamation of character. the removal of the default is my suggestion of their guilt and ackoweldgement that they should not have applied the default. in many cases it's far easier to get compensation than it is to get the default removed. I just seemed to have won it the otherway around. read the jonni2bad thread regard halifax and default removal. it'll take you days to read it but well worth it.

happy reading

Hi again electrode,

firstly well done for getting the default removed as you rightly say thats often the hardest bit, as to do that is basically an admission (although they might say without predujice we dont want the costs :rolleyes: ) ha

Most of the standard claims only involving fee's less than six years with no complications then they dont have a leg to stand on in court, as we all know. And its just a matter of time before they pay up.

I have read johnnies thread and yes its long lol.

What i have noticed though in the claims that do make it too court the barristors are really stooping low by trying a feable attempt to pull apart the PoC's of claimants (scraping the bottom of the barrel you might say) Clearly to me this is a last ditch attempt in panic to get the case thrown out, just incase they actually have to reveal their true costs.

However having said that the PoC does need to point to a specific term in that particular banks T and C's otherwise the claim is meaningless.

From what i can gather most of banks banks word it pretty much the same though, insisting they have the right to charge in a default.

Wrong ! :-D (well only their true costs anyways) :rolleyes:

No joy with the Terms and Conditions from the website as they are just general terms and not related to any specific account.

I have to get my hands on them before i can make my case :(

• 2 months later...

Try this link

Halifax :: Terms and Conditions

hope its the right ones you want. Its surprising what you find out, when you ask google ;)

ja-de

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those are terms and conditions for use of the website. I found terms and conditions for the following on the website for Ireland, funny how they are way more difficult to find on the UK one.

Monthly Saver T and Cs - Halifax Savings Account:: Monthly Saver Account Terms & Conditions

Mortgage T and Cs - Halifax Mortgages :: Terms And Conditions for Halifax Mortgages

UK Site

Bank Account T and Cs - http://www.halifax.co.uk/HICA/pdf/halifaxtandc.pdf

Credit Card T and Cs - Credit Card Conditions

I also found this useful link (again .ie website) on Halifax PPI - please note specific exclusions!

Halifax Personal loan: Payment Protection for Fixed Rate Loan for Holiday, Motor or Home Improvements with Halifax

Here is the UK version:

http://www.halifax.co.uk/loans/pdf/Creditcare%20Personal%20Loan%20Repayments%20Cover%20Cropped.pdf

:rolleyes:

Those are terms and conditions for use of the website. I found terms and conditions for the following on the website for Ireland, funny how they are way more difficult to find on the UK one.

UK Site

Bank Account T and Cs - http://www.halifax.co.uk/HICA/pdf/halifaxtandc.pdf

:rolleyes:

Thanks for this!

Have just been reading through some of these terms and noticed this:

18 Overdrafts

18.1 If you have a Cardcash account, you must not allow your account to go overdrawn. If you have a Halifax current account, unless we agree that you can do so, you must not use your account or allow anyone else to use it if this would make your account go overdrawn or over your overdraft limit.

I gather this means that going overdrawn without consent is abreach of the terms and conditions, and thus any resulting charges are penalties and not fees for a service - as suggested in the recent Lloyds case?

The cardcash and the current account both relate to me so is it safe to use these terms to argue this point in court?

Thanks

Chop

Will definitely donate on payout to help keep this site going - thanks for all the advice!

Hi there, I dont know whether this will help anyone or not but I found on another thread a website that archives old sites. All you need to do is type in the current web address and it will give you a list of all archived sites for that particular web address. You never know you may be able to pull up old t&c's.

Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi there, I dont know whether this will help anyone or not but I found on another thread a website that archives old sites. All you need to do is type in the current web address and it will give you a list of all archived sites for that particular web address. You never know you may be able to pull up old t&c's.

Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

Cool site!

Have had a look through some of the Halifax archives but other than the homepage at the time, there doesn't seem to be any other pages archived.

Will have another look though,and probably check out some other sites too!

Cheers

Chop

Will definitely donate on payout to help keep this site going - thanks for all the advice!

quick question!

i opened a halifax current a/c 12 years ago but they changed it to a card cash account some years later without consulting me. are the t and cs i need for a current a/c because that's what i signed up to? they say there's no o/draft facility on a card cash a/c but they moved that over too!

sj

sj