Vicki Vs Lloyds **starting out**

BlindApproach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Well I have just printed and signed my letter to go off to lloyds to begin the whole process. Around 5/6 years ago i was a director of a company, which went down the pan. The problem was it was my fathers company, and I took out loans etc to keep it going as long as possible. Obviously this got me into big problems with both loan repayments bouncing and also subsequent unemployment, meaning nothing going into the bank, which of course they hammered me for on unpaid direct debits. Yes, it was foolish to cover my fathers company in the short term with loans, but what could I do! Anyway, now it is time for me to claim it all back, and I think it will be a lot too.

I've also got a Credit Card with lloyds, but do I send the same letter? I'll have a look through the templates, but couldnt find one specifically for credit cards rather than bank accounts, so maybe there isnt one.

Anyway, here goes - slightly apprehensive, but i can see there is a lot of help around - plus my hubbie is claiming from Barclays and is about a week ahead of me - so hopefully there is a similar process!

Here's hoping!

Hello Vicki, I am just coming to the end of my claim against Lloyds, but my situation was completly different to yours. Here are some simple points to follow.

1 Make sure that you have not duplicated any statements.

2 Keep copies of all letters that you send.

3 Know what letter to send and at what stage.

4 Dont panic and accept the first offer.

With Lloyds they will drag it out. I started my action in November 2006, once they have received all statements and the first two letters have had 14 days apart. You might be offered a £750 good will gesture, reply to them. Thanking them but you are still after the full amount. Then start with court action by filling out a small claim form and paying £250 if your claim is over 5k. The bank has another two weeks to reply. At this stage i received 3k from the bank still 2k short, and i have just completed the allocation questionnaire for a court hearing. Now is a waiting game. But dont give up.

Keep in touch.

thank you for your comments - i certainly wont be giving up. i have a friend who was owed over 3k and they settled for £300 at the first offer because they werent aware that help like this was around, so of course didnt know the process and have the templates etc, wish i had known about this site then, would have helped him out enourmously!

• 1 month later...

YES!

got my statements of charges through the post today. I have to say that lloyds seem to be more cooperative than barclays both in their tone of response and the added bones of detailing just the charges rather than sending you 6 years of full statements through the post!

OK, so my initial thoughts were that for this six year period I am owed around 2500 - we will see!

First questions about the charges listed;

Which can I claim back from the following which are itemised;

Fee : Account Charge

Chg : Overdraft Interest

Chg : Overdraft usage fee

Chg : O/draft excess fee

Chg : Unpaid cheque

Chg : Unpaid D/D

Chg : Unpaid personal LN

Chg : Unpaid S/O

I will try to find out myself, but if anyone can help :)

ooooh, am excited!

I sent off my preliminary letter to Lloyds on February 22nd. Got no reply so sent second stage letter 8 days ago, still no reply. As neither have even been acknowledged should I send a copy to htem before I start with my MCOL?

Anyone advise?

Tommy I didnt get any acknowledgement, just received the statements today after sending initial request on 20th feb. They do have 40 days to send them, and you are only 2 days behind me so hopefully you will get them in the next couple of days

Anyone have an answer to my question about which charges to claim from above list?

Tommy I didnt get any acknowledgement, just received the statements today after sending initial request on 20th feb. They do have 40 days to send them, and you are only 2 days behind me so hopefully you will get them in the next couple of days

Anyone have an answer to my question about which charges to claim from above list?

BlindApproach

I didn't need to request copies of my statements I already had them, I keep everything (sad I know), what I haven't had any response to is the actual letters requesting my charges back.

Fee : Account Charge

Chg : Overdraft Interest

Chg : Overdraft usage fee

Chg : O/draft excess fee

Chg : Unpaid cheque

Chg : Unpaid D/D

Chg : Unpaid personal LN

Chg : Unpaid S/O

anyone?

I am probably being thick, but I am struggling to find the information I need due to the amount of stickies!! Also looking for a good step by step guide, I know I have seen it before!

Hi, I can't find the thread, but out of the following you can claim for:

Fee : Account Charge ++NO++

Chg : Overdraft Interest ++Not sure - I did and got it back though!++

Chg : Overdraft usage fee ++if o/d caused by penalty charges++

Chg : O/draft excess fee ++YES++

Chg : Unpaid cheque ++not sure++

Chg : Unpaid D/D ++YES++

Chg : Unpaid personal LN ++NOT SURE++

Chg : Unpaid S/O ++YES++

wow - thats what i hoped for!! so thats everything they detail on the charges they sent through - never thought it would be that straight forward :)

Thank you, you are a star!

Better get totaling, now where is that spreadsheet!! :)

I agree Vicki that what you can and can't charge for is really hard to find without trawling through lots of pages.

Wish it was in the FAQs or STEP by STEP guide.

As for the unpaid cheques I am sure that the fee is punitive, i am guessing at around £35 or so, but would prefer someone who knows exactly what you can and can't charge for to reply too!

Just wanted to add that the info above was from a thread "ConsumerAction Group > The Bank action group - against unlawful charges > Lloyds Bank> what charges back in june 2006! so there must be something more recent than that!

That was info from Bookworm - moderator.

sorry cant help more!

Red

Vicki - wow hang on - please make sure that you have read my edited mail as my pc crashed when i was halfway through typing! so i added my notes inbetween ++ ++!!

sorry it happened at just the wrong moment!

Red

Hi, I can't find the thread, but out of the following you can claim for:

Fee : Account Charge ++NO++

Chg : Overdraft Interest ++Not sure - I did and got it back though!++

Chg : Overdraft usage fee ++if o/d caused by penalty charges++

Chg : O/draft excess fee ++YES++

Chg : Unpaid cheque ++not sure++

Chg : Unpaid D/D ++YES++

Chg : Unpaid personal LN ++NOT SURE++

Chg : Unpaid S/O ++YES++

ah ok. I would imagine that if you can claim for Unpaid DD charges you can claim fr unpaid Personal Loan and S/O too, so will try that.

I was thinking I should leave out the interest until the court claim as I have read and will leave out the od usage fee coz i am not sure if all were caused by penalty charges.

Damn, I wasnt confused earlier, now I am!

Sorry, was not trying to make this harder for you!

Yes, leave out the interest - that is for court stage only,

I would agree about the charges for cheque and DD, personal loan and SO, maybe someone will be able to advise overnight before you send your letter off!!

Red

no - you werent making it harder! i meant that I thought it would just be a case of totaling up all the charges they sent me and sending it off, but alas it seems not!!

I am so desperate not to make a mistake in all this!

Fee : Account Charge No

Chg : Overdraft Interest Some not all, you need to use spreadsheet to work it out

Chg : Overdraft usage fee Yes

Chg : O/draft excess fee Yes

Chg : Unpaid cheque Yes

Chg : Unpaid D/D Yes

Chg : Unpaid personal LN Yes

Chg : Unpaid S/O Yes

anyone?

I am probably being thick, but I am struggling to find the information I need due to the amount of stickies!! Also looking for a good step by step guide, I know I have seen it before!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

'Unpaid' anything is completely claimable :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

WOW - i dont believe this - i am going through yr 2002 and there are some unpaid d/d items for £85 & £120!!! Thats absolutely rediculous surely! As you get towards 2006 these charges seem to standardise at £35, so they were even worse back then than they are now!

Crazy! Anyone else get items listed at this amount?