letter back from abbey

dzzi_bird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hy everone , im new today this is my first post as you can probably tell . not sure what i should do really but ilo start by saying thanks to everone for all the previous posts that have helped me start the process of getting my charges refunded from abbey. i sent the frist letter and awaited thier reply which came today (10 days later) , There reply said they are dealing with my complaint and enclosed a complaints proceedure leaflet. It then carried on to say that they will investigate and i should hear something from them . Now i dont know what i should do , do i wait? as the letter said iwanted it back within 2 wks are they just spanning it out till they come up with a way not to pay ? could anyone tell me where to go from here or do i sit tight

I only started looking at this site yesterday so not even contacted my bank/s yet but from what i've read-you should have your second letter prepared and ready for posting 14 days after you posted your first letter.

Don't wait for them to just reply when they feel like it. as the main mantra for this site states "Take back control-YOU are in charge!"

Sorry what i meant was give them the full 14 days but not a second more.If no reply within that 14 day window-THEN send second letter advising of your disapointment at the lack of response from them and advising of a further and final 14 day window in which you request a reply.If you have worded your letter correctly/politely then at the very least they should have acknowledged you within the 1st 14 day period.

the first letter i sent was very polite although i did express my anxiety to the way my accounts have spirled out of control since the start of these charges the wierd thng was, i have read all the forums and not one said that the first letter they recieved back from the bank mentioned solicitors. The one i got explained that if a solicitor was acting on my behalf that they could not be charged for it

The Financial Services Authority allows banks 28 days in which to deal with complaints. If you have clearly stated you are allowing them 14 days only, then send a 2nd letter on the expiry expressing your dis-satisfaction and giving them another 7 days after which you are entitled to begin court action. Keep copies of the letters as they will show the District Judge that you have been in communication with the bank and they are being uncooperative.

what is a dpr sar and how do get them and where do you send it the statements i sent were not like proper statements they look like print outs, what do i need them for im a little confused no forum i have seen has mentioned it

sorry i was a bit slow there in reading your reply ill post request for the s. a.r tommorow and ill keep it if i need it for court .When the time comes shall i fill an n1 form and send it with all origanal letters and this sar thing,(sorry for spelling)