Comet-faulty Bosch Washer

biggayal1974

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister purchased a BOSCH all singing-all dancing washer at the beginning of DEC 06.Within a week it had stopped working.She called COMET who sent a "repair man" out who advised there was a faulty washer valve (this was a brand new washer-how can this washer get damaged within a week and only 3 loads MAX???)

Two weeks later - again the washer packed up! Sister called COMET again! "Repair man" sent again! Each time they attend they can only specify am-pm appointments.My sister works shifts in a care home son it isn't always convenient to just " take a morning off ". My parents have had to attend and sit and wait and on both occasions the RP-MAN advised it was a faulty washer valve on fill pipe.

Does any body know exactly how many visits she must endure BEFORE- COMET have a legal obligation to replace the damn thing??

They have advised that their engineer as to "right the washer off as unrepairable" before she can have it replaced.

I think this is rediculous!:?

You have to give them a reasonable opportunity to carry out a repair, in my opinion this has been the case now.

I would write to Comet stating that the washing machine does not comply with the terms of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as it is not of satisfactory quality nor fit for its normal purposes. You have given them a reasonable opportunity to carry out a repair and this has failed to correct the problem. Therefore you are now within your rights to ask for a replacement washing machine or alternatively rescind the contract and claim a full refund (as you've not had it long and not had much use out of it). Give them a reasonable date by which to do this.

Hope this helps.

As an aside, how was the machine paid for?

(Bits in italics not for the letter, just for info!)

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

My sister purchased a BOSCH all singing-all dancing washer at the beginning of DEC 06.Within a week it had stopped working.She called COMET who sent a "repair man" out who advised there was a faulty washer valve (this was a brand new washer-how can this washer get damaged within a week and only 3 loads MAX???)

Two weeks later - again the washer packed up! Sister called COMET again! "Repair man" sent again! Each time they attend they can only specify am-pm appointments.My sister works shifts in a care home son it isn't always convenient to just " take a morning off ". My parents have had to attend and sit and wait and on both occasions the RP-MAN advised it was a faulty washer valve on fill pipe.

Does any body know exactly how many visits she must endure BEFORE- COMET have a legal obligation to replace the damn thing??

They have advised that their engineer as to "right the washer off as unrepairable" before she can have it replaced.

I think this is rediculous!:?

So as not to dilute your rights you must get satisfaction with the 1st 6 months from time of purchase........Don't let them stall you & as you have been advised act now!

• 1 month later...

This is shocking, I used to work in a Comet Service Centre (the people you speak to in order to have an engineer come out to you) although I left a few years ago, I remember the following:

1 - whilst it is true you can only have am and pm appointments, you can also ask them to do either a first call or a last call - that way your sister will be either the first or last call he makes (they can put this on your 'job' notes)

2 - If we'd tried to repair an item 2-3 times and it was unsuccessful we offered replacements I remember seeing on some job notes '3rd repair - customer wants exchage/refund'

3 - The people who answer the phones are usually nice people (like me!) who are bound by the dreaded company policy!! and ultimately the managers hold the power who don't usually speak to the customers to authorise an exchange/refund.

4 - If you become clued up on Trade Descriptions Act and Sale of Goods and Services Act and assert this upon them, they will probably take you more seriously.

5 - If you scream, shout, swear you won't get anywhere, (you'll have rubbed the operator up the wrong way) remain calm and youll get much further!

Hope this helps

PP

• 1 month later...

I believe it is now a 4th technical fault when it is classed a write off, but don't quote me on that, I just remember seeing a red sticker on as faulty appliance with that wording

Whits vs. Barclays thieving Bank:-

Barclays agree to pay me - £2972.12!!