Mash_alive vrs Nationwide

mash_alive
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am about to commence claiming from Nationwide and will be sending the 1st letter asking for my last 6 years statements asap.

My worry is:

1. Will they close my current account? They owe me about £750 (what I calculated over a 2 year period), but I have an od with them for £850. I can get this money back, pay them and close the account or refer them to a debt management company and use the money elsewhere where it's in dire need. Would this do? Anyone please advise.

2. I have a Credit Card with them with a limit of £1,650 which is mostly used up. Will they demand I close this too?

Thanx in advance guyz.

Hi guyz!

I am about to commence claiming from Nationwide and will be sending the 1st letter asking for my last 6 years statements asap.

My worry is:

1. Will they close my current account? They owe me about £750 (what I calculated over a 2 year period), but I have an od with them for £850. I can get this money back, pay them and close the account or refer them to a debt management company and use the money elsewhere where it's in dire need. Would this do?

2. I have a Credit Card with them with a limit of £1,650 which is mostly used up. Will they demand pay the credit and close this too?

Anyone please advise.

Thanx in advance guyz.

i doubt very much any bank will force the closure of any a/c following the fine dished out to a&l recently.

dont worry, go for the claims

dx100uk:D

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We opened up another account and got the same overdraft facility as with the nationwide. Just speak to the bank you intend on going with. They have to give you notice to close your account.

As far as I know it doesnt affect other accounts you hold with them. I have a credit card, mortgage, 2 kids savings accounts with the nationwide. I am claiming against our flexaccount but I dont see how they can shut down the other accounts.

hi mash, i have just submitted my claim through mcol so i will let you know if they close my account. best of luck with yours.x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! Promised to keep you updated. Just got my statements for the last 6 years. Question is can I include "Cheque card misuse fee" in my claim?

Also when calculating all the fees charged over this 6 years, should I calculate interest to date in my first claim letter to Nationwide?

Hi all! Promised to keep you updated. Just got my statements for the last 6 years. Can I include "Cheque card misuse fee" in my claim?

Also when calculating all the fees charged over this 6 years, should I calculate interest to date in my first claim letter to Nationwide?

Hi all! Promised to keep you updated. Just got my statements for the last 6 years. Can I include "Cheque card misuse fee" in my claim?

Yes to the card missuse fee, 8% statutory interest is added should you file at court.

4 Threads merged please stick to one.