The Student Loan Co

electrica77

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have looked on here for threads relating to the SLC, but can't find any- I'd like to know if we can pursue them for charges or if they have cleverly exempted themselves as they have from bankruptcy proceedings?

I have student loans under both the old (pay over 5 years) and new (pay as percentage of earnings indefinitely) systems. Where I've made late payments on the old loans, I've been charged £40 a whack! I didnt earn little enough to defer so they kept piling on charges.

The new loans just come out with your tax so they aren't an issue, but I wonder how many people have been charged on the old system? Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'm claiming against the SLC - search for the thread "Mahala v Student Loan Company".

I've had a response to my DPA saying the details will be sent by courier shortly. They have added an extra few days to the DPA deadline though, although I will let them know their mistake closer to the time should it be necessary.

Claim against them - they are b*****s for taking money, especially when it's their staff who've messed up in the first place ....

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

• 2 years later...

Look in the Students section, most of which is dedicated to problems with the SLC ! There's a specific thread on page 2 relating to Court Action taken by someone to remove unlawful £20 charges, settled by the SLC (i.e. removed all charges & interest charged on them) out of Court. In other threads - £20 charges have been applied for standard computer generated letters sent when false 'arrears' have been generated out of SLC's failure to process annual deferment forms. So borrowers have been charged as a direct consequence of the SLC's maladministration of their loan.

Look in the Students section...

Students Forum

...:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

• 10 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks