Orange Extended 50 - breaking contract

kstaplet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

i've been an orange customer for about 9 years now and last august i upgarded my phone, they put me on a tarriff called 'Orange Extended 50' which appears to be similar to the flext plan (£50/mth, with £255 of 'services'). However, as my bills seem to be running into 80-90 a month, i tried to change the tarrif to dolphin.

Orange have told me that i'm not able to due this due to their current migration policy. Having spoken to someone at orange, i feel i've been given the run around and they refuse to change my tarriff.

Now, one thing they are charging me for is GPRS/Orange World access, and are charging me for this in excess to the £50/mth (per megabyte). So, i decided to call orange again, this time recording the conversation on to my phone. After being given the run around yet again, i asked if the tarriff included Orange world access - the women on the phone said 'yes, it includes aceess to all services' could i use this as the basis of either breaking my contract or forcing them to change it to a cheaper tarriff?

Thanks in advance!

No - I don;t see how you could use this to 'break' the contract, however I see no reason why you use her statement to substantiate your claim that your Orange World usage would be included, and so far it hasn't been.

If it REALLY isn't, then it would be easier for them to swap you to Dolphin and save on future hassle. To substantiate your claim, give THEM the date/time of the call so they cna check their record of the call, and provide the paragraph or two where she states it was included.