give me my money back barclays!!

fedupandhardup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Hi all new to this but hey, what a great and informative site:D :D have been plagued by debt since starting up my new business, mostly caused by my "friendly" bank charging me at the most unreasonable times!! Have spent the last few days familarising myself with the site and gaining confidence to take the big boys on (Nightstars thread inspired me mostly) BIG thanks nightstar:) As i only need a few statements to complete my "set", i have asked my branch if they can supply them due to an accounting error on my side, sneaky i know but the rule books just flown out the window!! anyway what have i got to lose if they say no? i will post this tomorrow morning direct through their letter box and i will keep you all informed with my progress, and beg any and asll help that i KNOW i am going to require. cya all real soon

Thought for the day.......if a schizofrenic threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?

I did exactly the same just said I had lost a some of my statements (think i was missing 6 over six years) they said fine no problem charged me £5 and job was done. Though it cost me a fiver it saved me having to go through SAR and wait weeks.

Peter

PETER RABBIT V BARCLAYS Settled in Full 05 March 2007

tbh - I think Nightstars topic should be standard introductory reading for new members - I laughed so much! And it gave me the confidence to get going with it!

Although what I'd do with a cash register I don't know! ha ha!

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

2 days now still no response from barclays.....not quite true, they did send me another statement telling me that 3 d/d were not paid and they would be debiting my account to the tune of £105:00 PLUS £90: 00 commission.......bas***ds!!!!! will keep you all informed.

P.S i was only overdrawn coz they charged me for the first unpaid d/d.....how unfair is that?

:mad: Feb 27th and still nothing from barclays....i think they may be on to me, parachute account being opened this week so let the fun begin in earnest!!!! quick calculation (with "commision" charges) just over 2k couldnt believe it was that much....cheeky b'stards. How can they charge you £35 for unpaid D/D THEN charge £30 commision on top? £65 a throw bit much aint it?:-x

Thought for the day...if money doesnt grow on tree's why do banks have branches?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

suprise suprise, i actually recieved my statements from barclays on Friday totted up the charges since september 05, and it ammounts to .....£2485 gobsmacked wasnt the word !!! have gotanother account opened with different bank (just in case), so now i guess its where the real battle starts. Will keep you informed