Hi everyone

zooney

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally plucked up the courage to claim from HSBC - they have had plenty of cash off me and my partner over the years, time to get it back!

Do have a couple of queries on the Subject Access Request letter, hope someone can advise.

1. My partner and I have held a joint account throughout the last 6 years, do I send this initial letter from us both or just myself (on our behalf). Are they so pedantic as to drag their feet over such a detail?

2. The standard letter refers to 'period' - "Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable." but it doesn't actually specify what the period is. Will the bank automatically apply 6 years from the date of the letter?

Cheers.

Zooney

Hi,

hope i am on the correct thread.Just a line to introduce myself and let you know that i shall be joining your ranks very soon. I am now going through statements from Lloyds ( business and personal )and Nat West ( business only).Quick look suggests that between them my claim could be around 8000+ but this has'nt upset me as much as being charged by Nat West a fee for phone banking of 10 pounds each call ! which is probably not reclaimable.

Sorry but the pound sign on my keyboard isnt working. Thanks for all the good advice found so far,

Noddy

1. As long as the a/c doesn't require both signatures on cheques, you can claim in your name alone.

2. In theory they should send everything from when you opened the a/c. In practice they just send 6 years.

Thanks Michael, will keep the site up to date with progress - 1st letter sent today.

Cheers

Zooney