• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

me against abbey....

adam1976brown
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

once again i have had an email from Inga kirkman asking for my claim so she can settle it. not only do they have all the previous correspondances and the first part of the court order i had sent her via email my claim. usual excuse that she cannot open the files and can she have the sprdsheets in word form???? guess Abbey are still running on WIN 95.....sent her the files again and got a thank you today... now going to send her this... let us know if it is ok or needs some working...

Dear Ms Kirkman

Thank you for your swift response to my email. Now you are in possession of these files I now hope this matter can be dealt swiftly and not left until the last minute to be settled. As we are both aware your company has not gone to court to contest any of the claims brought against Abbey. The few cases you have stepped into to court for are infact not for the claim for charges, but infact are for the claim of the interest charged. Abbey had settled these claims for the charges out of court and the claimant then proceeded to fight the claim on the interest alone. Also the couple of cases that Lloyds TSB have won were in fact lost by the claimants on the basis of their preparation for the claims and not Lloyds defence of the charges as you are aware that they did not infact turn up in court. To that matter these cases hold no precedence and as highlighted in the media have been used to pressure claimants into dropping their claims.

Hopefully you will respond to this email as quickly has you did to the last one and I hope to be able to put an end to this matter in the near future.

yours faithfully

she does not respond quickly to emails and it took me to write URGENT in the subject bar for her to look at them....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i waited for Inga Kirkman to get back to me about her emails...when she did get back to me and it took 3 weeks.this is what she put...

"Without prejudice"

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

We note that you still insist on payment in full. To this end we are unable to assist. With respect, your insistence on payment in full does not represent a genuine intention by you to resolve this matter without recourse to a fully contested court hearing. There is no commercial incentive to our client to resolve your claim. Further, you have made no account for the transactions that have the in fact occurred on your account. There must be some charge for these transactions.

Each case is determined on its individual merits. Any case involving any other Claimant or Bank is irrelevant to your individual claim.

Should you wish to reconsider your position and put forward a more commercially palatable offer to our client, we are more than willing to take instructions in relation to the same.

Kind regards,

Inga Kirkman

Senior Associate

Solicitor, NSW

Now i guess this is a standard email she is banging off to people... on one side she is saying stick it up ur backside we r not paying and then she says come back to us with a better offer and we will look in to it....more stalling tatics...and no only that the email has very bad grammer.....and i hate the "without prejudice" bit... now when and how can they choose to put that??? a letter like that could be useful in my court bundle. it shows contradicting offers from them.. like good cop bad cop!!!

also i have just been sorting out my court bundle and i was just wondering what the banks have to do when it comes to the "order of directions". do they have the same as me or does the judge do a seperate one for them... if not if i send of the first part of the order and the court bundle what do i get back in return from Abbey??? knowing the bank its nothing.... well i guess thats the end off my contact with Ms Kirkman... or shall i return the email??? if so what shall i reply with??? otherwise i shall just let it run its course and wait till the 4th september for the court hearing....

Well i would write back to them and say that you would be willing to pay their costs per breach if they would reveal them.

and this without prejudice nonsense is highly over rated, if it is not a genuine attempt to settle then it can loose the WP status. And i see that she is banging on about commercially palatable again, Settling at this stage in full IS commercially palatable as they save time, effort and the cost of a court bundle if they do it now. OOO she does wind me up

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Is there someone inparticular at /Abbey I should be copying my letters into via e mail? Iv got so many people at the mo, Pam Speed and some other guy in complaints there seems to be no continuity or a name to reply to, when you get to court stage is there a particular solicitor that deals.skeggsy

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

if it was an offer it would have been a london number, it was probably soe telemarketing [problem]

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

trust me i hold no shares....... since that call i have no calls since... maybe it was not that important...

anyway i do have a question... i have just bout finished my court bundle and need these answers..

1. does anyone have a complete list of contents i can look at so i can see if i have things in the right order... see i f i am missing anything?

2. when i got the defense letter i did not respond in anyway to it...wrong??? this also carries the question what do i do bout the defence rebuttal??? do i just lay it out as point to point...

3. what year shall i include for T&C and where.

all help will be great!!!!!!!!! need to finish off soon... dont need to be in till 20th august but i am moving house next week and go on holiday 19th august....

adam.............this is my list of contents.not saying it's right or anything, just what I did...i'll have a think about the other questions for you

Witness Statement 1-2

Statement of Evidence 3-6

Correspondence 7-49Inc Latest Schedule of Charges (34-38)Relevant Case Law Summary 50-52

Dunlop v New Garage 53-54

UTCCR 1999 55-65

UCTA 1977 65-76

SOGA 1982 77-91

Early Day Motion from the House of Parliament 92-93

OFT Statement Summary 94-97

Statements 98-242

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

had my staements next to schedule of charges... and did a case summary stating what i thought of my case and all the publicity and how the banks r going about the cases.... thank you... and thanks for looking at the other questions.. the only ones bothering me r the t&c and the defense rebuttal

• 4 weeks later...

* BUMP **

just finalising my court bundle but stuck on the T & C... my account was opened in '95 and the charges r from 2001-06.... now do i include all the t&c for the 6 years in full or just certain parts of them and do i only include just one t&c in full ( maybe the most recent one)

You only need one set of Ts&Cs as far, as i am aware, i would think the earlier ones would be better than the current one as they clearly state a breach of contract,

:madgrin:

still need help on my T & C... its the last bit and i am feeling a bit dumb. all other parts sorted ... what i need to know is what i need to include and why.... the furthest t & c is 1998 and i also have the present ones... what shall i be highlighting... its an area i am stuck..... in short i have understood everything but this....... i have read this site and others and they say that t & c r not really relavant as abbey have admitted a breach of contract.... so in short what shall i print off and what shall i include....

Include T&C's from the period which the charges were levied. Just 2 lots will be fine. One from, say, 2001 and another from 2005.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Finally i have completed the bundle... its been very stressfull...what to put in, where to put it and so on.... this is my list of contents...

INDEX

The Claim:

Timeline of Claim:

Correspondence With Regards To Claim:

Bank Statements:

Schedule Of Charges:

Interest Calculator:

Statement Of Evidence:

Terms and Conditions 1998 and 2007:

Relevant Case Law To Penalty Charges:

Early Day Motion From House Of Parliament:

OFT Summary On Credit Cards:

Transcript Of Interview With Peter McNamara, Former Head Of Personal Banking At Lloyds TSB:

Excerpt From Report Into Penalty Fees Charged By Australian Banks:

Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co. Ltd v. New Garage and Motor Co. Ltd:

Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977:

The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999:

Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982:

Claim for Contractual Interest:

u will probably tell me i have missed something.. but i will have to worry another day cause tomorrow i go on holiday to Cyprus and i will not care for one week ....

as for the courts i have had no letter bout a stay and i have had nothing from abbey since APRIL.. no court bundle , letters or bugger all... so when it gets to court i can point out that Abbey have been very very quiet....

• 2 weeks later...

well i have come back from my lovely holiday in cyprus and i was dreading coming back to a letter from abbey or the court saying there was a stay on the account.. but nothing... now the cut of date for the court bundle was the 21st august... i presume i should of recieved something from abbey, in the form of their court bundle???? so what now... court date is next next tuesday, 4th sept, and i have sent in everything on time. i have changed addresses and this has been updated by the courts and using track and trace it has been recieved by abbey. that was on the 1st august... so no excuses on that side... aldershot court is still going ahead as usuall so i am at a lost... all help on this matter will be great.. shall i phone the court up and ask is they have recieved the CB from abbey... not going to phone abbey.... i have a letter already prepared if they apply for a stay.

In my case even though Abbey had not lodged a court bundle the solicitor on the day applied for a stay, I had written to the court to have the abbey defence stuck out for non compliance but this was overlooked. The judge stayed part of the case and adjourned the part relating to breach of contract (see my thread). It appears that the courts seem to be lenient with the banks regarding CB's because of the OFT case. Be prepared to object to a stay application on the day and if successful be able to go ahead with the case there and then. It is a racing cert that the solicitor for the Abbey will be totally unprepared to defend the case. Good luck on the 4th

just spoken to aldershot court due to my case being held tomorrow... as upto now nothing has been recieved by the courts from abbey... i also asked if there will be anyone else in court at the same time and the answer was NO!!!!!! v v v v v very nervous now... in a way i am glad cause i am the only one on the day against abbey.. so there will be no mass stay from them.. infact i doubt they will even turn up..... which i hope will mean i can put my case across one to one better then if it was a case of picking a number and waiting inline to talk... i have printed of some pointers and questions i need to ask the judge and abbey ( if they r there) and also the usual things like why i should get my money back and the CI as well.... i have printed off some paperwork off incase they apply for a stay ( the judge is working on a case by case process so he/she is not doing blanket stays) and also made a list of things abbey should of done and they have not.... i think i am ready but some good old slap on the backs good wishes and some Winston Churchill stirring words of encouragement are needed.... fingers crossed.....