Torigirl Vs Barclays

torigirl_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Torigirl, glad you had a good holiday,

I was at the same stage as you and was waiting for a court date, and I was so sick of waiting I emailed barclays to see who was dealing with my claim. I got an email straight back off Dino who told me Kate Ashton was dealing with it so I emailed her. She got back to me within a week and asked me to email her a copy of my SOC's so I did and then about a week later (last Friday) I received a settlement letter in the post. I faxed it back and the money went into my account yesterday.:):D

All that and I didn't even have my court date and it was all done by email and fax.

I would get emailing them, Dino is the quickest to reply so when kate didn't reply I emailed him and he must have said something to her cos she got back to me straight away.

Penny.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Penny, but i have done all that and even faxed my statements over to barclays to get them to settle sooner, but unfortunatly as i have the delight of having paul Quinn dealing with my claim I have to wait!!!

my latest thing is that I said in emails and voicemails at the back end of last week, that if I hadn't received a settlement letter by the end iof play on friday, then I would book a day off work and have to add that to my claim, which is another £50 - so that's not bad!!!! although I would have prefered the money in my pocket last week, but that's a meal out anyhows!

Peter

(every little will help!)

actually, the extra £50 will pay most of my 5% to CAG! Thanks Barclays!!!!!

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Do you think they know that the court is only 10mins away from you coz I think you should try and add travel expences on aswell!!!!! and if you get it then you can take me out for a meal, well maybe it'll only add up to a happy meal, so chicken nuggets it is then!!!!:)

Hi Tori, Glad to hear you had a great holiday, and the in-laws wern't as bad as expected.

Sorry to see your date is not until August, but at least you have one now.

I am of to Florida tomorrow, so will be away for 2 weeks, i will check in on you when i return.

Good luck

Talk soon

Caz:p

Great to hear you've got a court date at last, Tori.

While you're waiting , how about something like this :

Dear ........(whoever is dealing with your claim)

I am sure that you have now received the hearing allocation date of 10th August 2007 from xxxxxx County Court.

The amount I am now claiming from Barclays plc is £xxxx xx. This is inclusive of Interest up to and including xx xxx xxxx. An up to date copy of the Schedule of Charges is enclosed herewith for ease of reference.

I am sure that the courts would approve of our settling this matter without their intervention. Further action can only result in further costs, e.g. preparing Court Bundles, Interest to 10th August 2007 etc.

I hope to hear from you soon so that a speedy resolution to this claim might be achieved.

Yours Sincerely

This one worked for me, although they may wait till the last minute before they make an offer. Worth a try - nowt to lose, much to gain, Tori! :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

They'll settle on about the Monday 6th August.......just PM ;)

Place ur bets please. lol, for what day AM or PM :D :D :D :D

Innocent

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Peter!

Well nothing happening as yet, I'm giving it another week and a bit then I'll get on the phone to our buddy Paul Quinn, asking him to settle as I have a court date on the 10th!

And whilst I wait I'll just have to starve!!! No chicken nuggets me!!!

Tori:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys!

Well my court date is next Friday (its only a prelim, obviously Barclays don't know that, well they may do if they've looked at it properly!) Not really sure what I should be doing. I phoned Barclays and they said that they are trying to do a nationwide stay on all their claims, but I may miss that as its next week and they will send someone to get a stay. But as mine is only a prelim what should I do?

Tori

Barclays announced their results today and also announced that they put aside a large amount for repayments of overdraft penalties (£87million?)

Seems that that do think we will all win "eventually"

Innocent ;)

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

So Saintly, even though its only prelim i should still take that link you put on here! Even though I know I'll my money now the date is round the corner I'm getting pretty nervous about actually coming face to face with one of their lawyers and also the judge - I'm not at all legal minded. Not looking forward to this is an understatement!

Does anyone else have a court date at Norwich on the 10th Aug at 11am? Please!!!

Tori, cant believe youre still going with this one, I thought you'd be sunning yourself somewhere as youve been so quiet...

Dont be nervous about their guys. A lot of people attending have stated the person representing Barclays look just as nervous as they do and a number of them have actually stated their first time in court.

looks like theyve gone down to the local pertemps to find some bods...lol

I think a LOT of judges feel for the claimants but their hands are tied as they have been directed from above.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.