Torigirl Vs Barclays

torigirl_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Torigirl,

I had to do exactly the same as I'm off on holiday on 21st June. When I explained it all to the court the lady informed me a) I shouldn't worry as the banks all settle out of court anyway and b) because of this they only give out 15 minute hearings which come around quicker than the hour ones. I said thanks for the confidence boost and could you please arrange it so I get my money before I go, she said she would try and wished me good luck.

Just found out today that I should be getting my hearing date through this week as the judge has decided against needing an AQ and has sent it off for a date - what I'm hoping is that they'll see that I'm off on holiday soon and stick me in a slot before I'm due to go, either way I'll have a court date so there will be an end in sight.

I'm guessing exactly the same will happen with yours so get your letter in quick (they can add notes to the computer if you phone them too) and you never know what'll happen!

Good luck with it all, and have a great holiday.

Cheers,

KA

PS I honestly expected you to have won by now!

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

**************no reply***************

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

**************no reply***************

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me tooo!!!!

Its cool thats money for me when I get back! Oh well its pretty much too late for me to do anymore I think I have done all I can, so I'll just wait now until I get back.

I hope you get your money back soon and I'll put a big Congrats on your thread when I get back!!!!:D

torigirl and KA wont be long now i bet you can smell it. ooh you are going to be so happy !! hope you both have a great holiday. sorry about the mother in law but i know just what you mean.

love linda x

Tori, just to say have a FAB holiday (mother in law or not!!!). Have rung and spoke to a very cooperative Dino, he asked me to fax him SOC, so hopefully money will be credited soon! Yay, sure yours will too!

POPPY07

Hey Poppy,

Did you have a court date? I've got 31 July and Dino's dealing with my claim, I'm going to give him a ring to see if he wants to settle. May be a little to early though.

madhouse5:)

Hey mad, I only have a directions hearing date for 14th Aug, but I didn't let him know that!!! I sent a fax after speaking to someone in barclays basically saying

"I spoke earlier today to one of your colleagues regarding the above, who told me to ‘send by email/fax my SOC as we are settling cases approx a month before they are due in court’.. I am therefore giving you another chance to settle before additional costs are added to the claim and more of the court systems time is wasted, as it was inferred by your colleague that you will settle before the court date. As a member of the Consumer Action Group, I do not know of any cases that you have actually been to court to defend.

I will be including this letter (which will follow to you via recorded delivery) in my evidence to show that I have tried to communicate to negotiate an early settlement, and to show the judge that I believe the way you are handling these cases to be ‘An abuse of the court system process"

And Dino rang me back asking me to send SOC again and that he would look into it asap, but I haven't received my money yet!!! Will let you know the outcome.

Good Luck xx

POPPY07

"I spoke earlier today to one of your colleagues regarding the above, who told me to ‘send by email/fax my SOC as we are settling cases approx a month before they are due in court’.. I am therefore giving you another chance to settle before additional costs are added to the claim and more of the court systems time is wasted, as it was inferred by your colleague that you will settle before the court date. As a member of the Consumer Action Group, I do not know of any cases that you have actually been to court to defend.

I will be including this letter (which will follow to you via recorded delivery) in my evidence to show that I have tried to communicate to negotiate an early settlement, and to show the judge that I believe the way you are handling these cases to be ‘An abuse of the court system process"

LOL, sounds familar

Paul ;)

Morning All

Hope you don't mind Paul, I would've quoted you but my mind is gone with all the information I'm trying to glean from CAG, that I couldn't remember where I got it from!!!

I received an offer this morning so looks liked it worked anyway, its a couple of hundred quid short, but I'm gonna ring Dino later to sort that out. He's very helpful to be fair.

Hope it works for you too madhouse!!

Quick question, I have two smaller claims with Barclays, that I have yet to submit via MCOL, do you think its worth my while asking him to refund those charges while he's at it???

xx

POPPY07

Yes, tell him you have incurred more charges since claiming and are they prepared to refund these or are you going to have to go through this process again?

Be careful in your settlement offer and read their wording carefully, make sure it doesnt say anything about future claims against the company etc.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

NO Probs Poppy

Glad it helped you, and feel free for others to use to it.

I have applied for costs and included a copy of my full letter to show the Judge that they have dragged the case out

Also on your new claims, ask them to tkae them into account.

I had receved charges since i started my claim and Kate agreed to add them onto the settlement. If you dont ask..you dont get.

Paul

Ok thanks dar, will make sure I read it thoroughly.

Paul, it was great it definitely did help, thanks.

Is it possible for you to paste a copy of everything you sent re your wasted costs order, as thats next on my list, and some of the links on here are a bit contradictory.

The other charges are for other Barclays accounts, not the same one, but will give it a go anyway, can't do any harm!

Thanks all xx

POPPY07

Hi Paul,

I'll start one now, within Barclays and call it, umm, how about, wasted costs order from the beginning.

Then we can all use it to get some more money from Barclays, tee hee.

Don't think Tori will mind as she's probably sunning herself on a beach somewhere by now, lucky thing!!!

If you could just paste all you've sent in our new thread, that really would be a great help.

Thanks so much

x

POPPY07

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Back!!!!!!

I had a lovely time and the in-laws weren't as bad as I thought, but if craig thinks I'm moving to NZ to live near them he can think again!!!

I'v not heard anything from either Barclays or the courts, so I think I'll have to give the courts a ring when I get the chance!

Hope everyone has had success with their claims and Peter have you beat me?!:D

Oh, PKea I got an assessment day for the Police in September so I'm gonna do one of those courses beforehand, thank you so much for you r help!

Tori:)

Hey tori,

Glad you had a good time, good to see you back.

I had cheque in the post last week, full settlement so I won, court date wasn't until 31st July. Hope you get Dino dealing with your case, he's very helpful and doesn't keep you hanging around.

Get on the phone to the court. Good luck.

mad:)

Hey mad!

I've got paul Quinn and I hear that he strings you along right until the last moment, so that'll be me!!!

So pleased you won, have you brought yourself anything yet?

Tori:)

Ha ha! That's who I have as well - my date is for next friday, and he is still holding out! Oh well, the court is about 10mins away for me - It's a 7 am start for him though!!!!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!