Lidle Leyland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat, on the phone he admitted that he appointed national clamps, to police the retail park, therefore its a lot to do with them,ime trying to find out who exactly i owe the money too.......

Fair comment; in this case, I am wrong

It's just that most people automatically assume that the store 'owns' the car park, when in fact, many only lease/rent the retail premises. Obviously not so in this case.

Thats OK Pat...:) This is a very large award winning management group from Liverpool, it beggars belief why they associate with these thugs :confused: But they put me through to the area manager who manages this retail park on a day to day basis, and he went straight onto the defensive saying, "we don't get a penny for this" i said i never assumed you did "its nothing to do with us how they conduct their business "i said " WHAT !:eek:

Oh , the other thing i did today was go to the shops on the retail park, i canceled my account with choices video and told them it was impossible to continue to go there, as the clamping company have wrote to me to tell me that thell seize my car and tow it away if it enters the car park again, they got in touch with their head office, i also spoke to the manager of lidl who said i quote, "no-one asked these clampers onto this car park, there a pain in the arse, ive been onto head office frequently to get shut of the idiots"...."there never was a problem here"....:confused:

Latest is , theve had my cheque now since the 1st of march (sent registered post), and not cashed it :confused:, i got someone to ring them last wednesday to conferm this, it looks to me like they are bumping the fine up,:mad: the 28 day deadline went past yesterday, on their invoice it states it goes up another 40 quid, if this isnt harrastment i dont know what is...:mad:

Just found this thread and you have my sympathies. I'm really sorry that you guys were intimidated enough to send these guys a cheque. I know you have a plan in place, but I would still suggest cancelling the cheque to avoid the hassle of going to court to get the money back.

The fact is monkey, i want them to cash that cheque , then i can take them to court, i shall be sending out court orders to the clamping company, the management company and the land owners, i will be claiming for harassment my money back with intrest and the corrispondance that theve sent me up to now, i have accounts at the courts....;)

its no hassle monkey, ive taken loads of people to court,and never lost once,thats why i have an account, ime not a bastard or anything, it comes with the business, but thats where i seek my justice, unlike the thugs ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread. This is the first time I have ever posted on this forum and I would be grateful for any advice.

Last Saturday, a friend and I were visiting the same car park as johnnyrotten (the Retail Park on Churchill Way in Leyland) to get a job application form from Brantano. There were no empty spaces ANYWHERE in the car park (I drove round several times) so (stupidly and totally my fault) I parked in the completely empty section of staff only bays, knowing we were only going to be 2 minutes. When I returned to my car, there was a man with a luminous yellow vest in the process of writing me a ticket.

I explained everything to him and he said it didn't matter and he had started writing the ticket. I said I was going to take it off him and got in my car to drive off. He stood behind my car and refused to move and, when he finished writing, slapped in on my car.

During this exchange, I asked him on what authority he was writing me a ticket and he said nothing, but just pointed at the red and white sign (which says National Clamps). I asked for some form of identification from him and he refused to provide it. He had nothing visible to identify him, but eventually I got him to tell me his name. I will be making a complaint about his conduct, independent of anything else, because he was rude, aggressive and just walked off as I was speaking to him. However, I know this won’t get me anywhere.

The thing I would like advice on is that he has written my vehicle details down incorrectly. You can just about make on my car registration, but he has written Ford Focus instead of Ford Fiesta. Legally, does this make a difference?

After reading the private parking threads on this site, I am tempted to send an initial letter asking for proof of who the driver was. However, I am also wondering about the fact that, as I have only recently bought the car, I have not yet sent of the Registered Keeper documents to the DVLA, so I am not yet the Registered Keeper either. Can they pursue me in this regard? As I understand it, they would have no way of finding my address.

Other things of note: there is no date of issue on the Parking Penalty Notice, although it does say “If payment by credit card or other means is received within 7 days from the date & time of this offence you will be entitled to a 50% discount bringing the fee now payable to £40”.

I am worried that, by pursuing this, they will put the fine up to £80 if I don’t succeed in getting the ticket withdrawn. :(

I’m just not sure what the best way of handling this is. I would be really grateful for any advice.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to explain the details.

Thanks everyone.

Sorry!

The sentence "I said I was going to take it off him and got in my car to drive off", should say "I said I wasn't going to take it off him..."

Also, I did a Google search and found this archive News article from the Chorley Citizen. I really don't think I can have much chance with National Clamps when this poor man clearly didn't get any joy from them:

Sympathy Is No Excuse (from Chorley Citizen)

Hi vicki-chick and welcome to the site! :)

As with all of these private clamping and ticketing companies, this amounts to little more than an extortion [problem], which relies on people paying the fine out of fear of an increased charge if they leave it. I would ignore the situation for the moment and wait until they send you through a threatening letter. Once you receive this (if at all, given the circumstances), write back to them and state that they should contact the driver, not the registered keeper, supplying proof of an agreed contract. Advise them that if they continue to harrass you, you will contact the police. Their letters will become increasingly threatening, but that is all they are; threats. Their case has no grounds, so will not be pursued through the civil courts.

• Haha 1

Don't forget to read the advice paper at the top of the parking forum if you need any clarification. You don't need to send them a letter unless they get persistent; for now, let them do any chasing that they're going to do. If you receive anything else, then simply write to them asking on what basis they feel that you have entered into any civil contract with them. I doubt you'll get a second reply.

Just remember - these people have no legal authority. They're not policemen, or traffic wardens, or parking attendants - they're just people in silly cheap jackets who think they're important.

• Haha 1

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Thank you Filthy Monkey and demon_x_slash. :)

I really appreciate both of your comments and advice. I'll definitely do as you both suggest and leave everything for now. I suppose it's up to them to do the chasing. It just feels strange not to respond to something that you think is important, but I have read the sticky thread at the top of the Parking/Traffic Wardens forum and understand that they just try to make their tickets look official.

I'll post again when/if they contact me and let you know what happens (if that's okay on this site - kind of new to the whole forum thing and trying to learn the etiquette). :p

Thanks again to you both!

Hi Vicki,

Aft

er visiting said car park myself today, I dont understand why you got a ticket. The signs are so badly worded it would be laughable if only they were'nt raking it in! The ones i saw only referred to disabled bays.

Good luck with the job hunt!